[4e] Sins of the Feyborn - OOC (Recruitment CLOSED)

eblue562

First Post
I've updated the first post with the current roster, as you can see, we only have 4 fully submitted characters. I'm waiting for the last two (fireinthedust and theroc) to post their characters or let me know that they will not be participating. Regardless, if I do not have five people for the party by the end of the week, I will re-open recruitement to anyone interested in a paragon adventure. This obviously means that I will not post the first IC post this week. This should occur more than likely by the end of the next week.

Hopefully everyone who has submitted characters is still interested!

Theroc

First Post
I'll be doing my best to get one up, just having trouble forcing my brain to focus on the confusingness that is higher levelled items and the like. Or something. Anyways, I'm de-virused for now, so hopefully I'll get the character down soonish.

Theroc

First Post
Hey uh, quick question: What exactly is "Focused Expertise"? Is it like weapon expertise and implement expertise rolled into one?

Asking as Hero4Hire had it recommended instead of implement expertise when running my PC through the Character builder. Going to be posting his CB here and tweaking it then working up the story. So far my idea is for this character to live in the "Frozen Northlands" and not be much of an famous adventurer for the most part... his reputation primarily coming from his appearance rather than deeds.

[sblock=Sulos Rothym (WiP still)]
Sulos Rothym, level 11
Dragonborn, Sorcerer, Dragonsoul Heir
Spell Source: Dragon Magic
Dragon Soul: Dragon Soul Cold
Dragon Breath Key Ability: Dragon Breath Strength
Dragon Breath Damage Type: Dragon Breath Cold
Background: Frostfell (Primal Power) (+2 to Athletics)

FINAL ABILITY SCORES
Str 20, Con 12, Dex 13, Int 9, Wis 11, Cha 22.

STARTING ABILITY SCORES
Str 15, Con 11, Dex 12, Int 8, Wis 10, Cha 17.

AC: 23 Fort: 23 Reflex: 19 Will: 27
HP: 74 Surges: 9 Surge Value: 19

TRAINED SKILLS
Arcana +9, Intimidate +18, Diplomacy +16, Athletics +17

UNTRAINED SKILLS
Acrobatics +6, Bluff +11, Dungeoneering +5, Endurance +6, Heal +5, History +6, Insight +5, Nature +5, Perception +5, Religion +4, Stealth +6, Streetwise +11, Thievery +6

FEATS
Level 1: Sorcerous Blade Channeling
Level 2: Wintertouched
Level 4: Enlarged Dragon Breath
Level 6: Focused Expertise (Dagger)
Level 8: Improved Dragon Soul
Level 10: Draconic Spellcaster (retrained to Lasting Frost at Level 11)
Level 11: Draconic Spellfury

POWERS
Sorcerer at-will 1: Burning Spray
Sorcerer at-will 1: Dragonfrost
Sorcerer encounter 1: Thunder Slam
Sorcerer daily 1: Lightning Breath
Sorcerer utility 2: Dragonflame Mantle
Sorcerer encounter 3: Ice Dragon's Teeth
Sorcerer daily 5: Serpentine Blast
Sorcerer utility 6: Sudden Scales
Sorcerer encounter 7: Rimestorm
Sorcerer daily 9: Adamantine Echo
Sorcerer utility 10: Narrow Escape

ITEMS
Frost Dagger +2, Agile Resolve Vestments Githweave Armor +3, Amulet of Protection +3, Helm of the Flamewarped (heroic tier), Bracers of the Perfect Shot (heroic tier), Gauntlets of Blood (heroic tier), Potion of Healing (heroic tier), Adventurer's Kit, 30gp[/sblock]

eblue562

First Post
Yes, it is basically weapon + implement expertise. It's mean to be a replacement feat for either/or, mostly for caster classes. Note that it does NOT stack with any other expertise feat that gives the same bonuses (it's a feat bonus, which does not stack).

hero4hire

Explorer
Focused Expertise works with both weapon and implement powers but only for a specific type of item as opposed to a broad group.

..and I am still interested in playing as well. :)

renau1g

First Post
Good for classes like swordmage or bard who use their implement as their weapons (heavy blades and pact blades), but more limiting

Remove ads