[4e] Sins of the Feyborn - OOC (Recruitment CLOSED)

hero4hire

Explorer
I am not allowed to download, so... I don't. ;)

Anyways, no biggie, I just wanted to know exactly how the feat worked.

So basically, Focused Expertise gives a bonus to attack rolls when using the implement as an implement, AND if you use it as a weapon, but it only applies to... a specific type, like "Dagger"?

I am no 'puter expert but I think you can open PDFs online w/o downloading them?

Focused Expertise gives you +1 to all attacks with said object you Focused on. If you have Focused Expertise Dagger you get +1 to all attack rolls with a Dagger but not other light blades even if you could use them as an implement.

Theroc

First Post
I am no 'puter expert but I think you can open PDFs online w/o downloading them?

I thought the same thing myself, until I went to crystalkeep.com and discovered that all those PDF's appeared in my temp files, meaning they were downloaded in their entirety to my PC and I no longer needed internet access to view them.

Theroc

First Post
WIP; Also, Eblue, I don't have the characterbuilder or the like, so... someone will have to roll my stuff into one if that's alright with everyone.

Character Name: Sulos Rothym
Race: Dragonborn
Class: Sorcerer
Level: 11

[sblock=Physical Description]
Sulos not the absolute most powerfully built Dragonborn, but his strength is not a power of body, but of the soul. Amongst the 'lesser' races he would definitely still appear a hulking brute, clad in silver lined robes of azure hue. His scales a brilliant azure, cold to the touch and unmarked by the ravages of nature or war. The most notable feature of this Dragonborn was the near perpetual chill about him.
[/sblock]

[sblock=Reference Image]
The below image was an inaccurate representation of Sulos based on an account of one who fought him... the dress and bone weapon were added embellishments that were inaccurate.
Renjaa2.png
[/sblock]

[sblock=Personality]
What is your character's general mood? Is she happy/mopey, or is she sarcastic and/or oblivious?
Generally Sulos is the quiet type, speaking when spoken to or when asked for his opinion, and otherwise quiet unless he feels he has something important to add. Of course, if someone makes him angry, it'll become quite obvious once they cross the line.

Does your character have a "Burning Drive?" Such as, does he wish to eradicate all the gnolls in the world, starting with the Demon Prince, or is it a desire to aquire all the magical scrolls in the world?
Sulos desires to reach the peak of his power, manifesting the full might of the Ancient Dragons into the current age, and ascending to his birthright as a lord of Frost. He has no malign goals, nor any particularly benign ones, merely wishing to reach his peak. He also desires to manifest his birthright so as to become unassailable and thusly achieve near immortality.

Has your character ever been in love or lost a Loved One? How did he/she react to this? Are they open to love again, or have they closed off their minds to it? If they haven't, why hasn't he/she attempted to love?
Sulos possesses the ability to love, but the right person simply has not come along. His pursuit of his birthright makes the search for a mate not high on his list of priority, and tends to separate him from those who may have otherwise been interested.
[/sblock]

[sblock=History]
This section will be rather long. In here, please describe (in as much detail as you like) the history of your character. How did your character get to be level 11? You don't have to go into extrodaniary detail, but should give me a broad sense of what happened. You should also describe your weaponry in terms of legend and tales, as by now (level 11), people have surely made up stories about how your +3 sword of awesomeness has come into existance.

In this adventure, each party member will be unknown to each other at the very beginning. As such, you should try to describe to me why you got separated from your original party. Did you get mad after one of them betrayed you? Were you the only survivor after fighting off an army of evil Dragonborn? Be creative and remember; think BIG!
[/sblock]

[sblock=Character Sheet OR Quickstats]

HP: 74 ; Surge Value: 19 ; Surges: 9
Defenses: 23/23/19/27
Trained Skills: Arcana +9, Intimidate +18, Diplomacy +16, Athletics +17
Racial Bonuses: +2 History, +2 Intimidate; +1 Attack while bloodied, +Con Mod to HSV; Can use Dragon Breath Racial Power
Feats:
Level 1: Sorcerous Blade Channeling
Level 2: Wintertouched
Level 4: Enlarged Dragon Breath
Level 6: Focused Expertise (Dagger)
Level 8: Improved Dragon Soul
Level 10: Lasting Frost
Level 11: Draconic Spellfury
At-Wills: Burning Spray; Dragonfrost
Encounter: Thunder Slam; Ice Dragon's Teeth; Dragon's Breath; Rimestorm
Daily: Lightning Breath; Serpentine Blast; Adamantine Echo
Utility: Dragonflame Mantle; Sudden Scales;Narrow Escape
FULL Item Name (so I can look it up)

Also add a link here where I can download a PDF version of your character sheet. I will require electronic copies of character sheets of all characters. If you think this will be hard, please PM me and I can provide some resources for you.
[/sblock]

Last edited:

eblue562

First Post
No problem Theroc. Thanks for putting in the time and effort in this character. I promise you won't be disappointed in the campaign :)

I'll work on getting your character stats for you. What are your starting (level 1) attribute points and final (level 11) points, like STR, DEX, etc.

CaBaNa

First Post
you won't be disappointed, eblue is a great DM!

P.s. I'm totally chilling in the wings, just waiting and hoping for my schedule to open up ;)

Theroc

First Post
No problem Theroc. Thanks for putting in the time and effort in this character. I promise you won't be disappointed in the campaign :)

I'll work on getting your character stats for you. What are your starting (level 1) attribute points and final (level 11) points, like STR, DEX, etc.

Uh... damnit. They are in another post either in this thread or in the other thread where this came from. I'll try and get it tomorrow.

hero4hire

Explorer
In the interest of expediency

Theroc's stats.

FINAL ABILITY SCORES
Str 20, Con 14, Dex 14, Int 10, Wis 12, Cha 21.

STARTING ABILITY SCORES
Str 15, Con 13, Dex 13, Int 8, Wis 10, Cha 16.

Theroc

First Post
In the interest of expediency

Theroc's stats.

FINAL ABILITY SCORES
Str 20, Con 14, Dex 14, Int 10, Wis 12, Cha 21.

STARTING ABILITY SCORES
Str 15, Con 13, Dex 13, Int 8, Wis 10, Cha 16.

Thanks man, I'm gonna be working on getting this character worked out. In case I am too slow, Eblue, do you think my character could get worked in later, if I am too slow, rather than me just getting the boot? I really am interested in this game, just slow going getting things worked out.

Edit- Additional question...

I feel dumb asking again, but it's Lvl n, N+1 and n-1 for magic items, then 5,000 gold extra?

Last edited:

Remove ads