• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

4e "The Awakening" ("Virtual Sandbox") - Discussion / OOC

Charwoman Gene

Adventurer
Highlighted my question, I only get to post one character? I have an adventuring party... I thought I need three?

My intention is that we'd have the scholar interact with one character at a time, and after presenting the three individually, Shayuri would choose and we'd write the extra character's out. I could see this working if you want all your character's to know each other, but it wasn't my preference. If two other players say okay, you can have a party meet The Scholar, but they are going to have to be splitting apart very soon.

And my second question is I don't have to post all the character info in my first post? was thinking of RPing it out as The Scholar asks questions and stuff.

I was hoping I could have some basic info on the characters from a story perspective so I can do a good job on the initial scene. I'd at least need the info for my planning purposes by PM or even better, email.

If you are stilling wanting to use the full party, The Scholar is not going to meet you as he wakes. There will be some stuff before that.

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
I would like for the whole party to show at once if possible and then they will try and help with his plight by having one join him (for now they'll say) becasue he shouldn't be off alone. The rest will get back to whatever it is they were about before meeting him. (and I leave that up tp you.)

I was going to have the "faceman" of the party do most the talking with intergestions from the others. He would be like:

"And this is D--, as you can tell he's a dragonborn warrior [Fighter] by all the armor. His a good guy [Good] and never cheats when we play dice. But don't get to close to him in a brutal fight he gets kind of wild [Dragonborn Frenzy], and knows how to use those blades [Weapon Focus]."

Hmm.. now that I see it I'm not so sure now, LOL ... let's say work in progress.

Oh and does any know if there is a feat/ability that would allow a character to use a two handed weapon in one hand?? Please let me know.

HM

renau1g

First Post
HolyMan, no feat like monkey grip from 3.5e for 4e. Best you can do is something like a bastard sword proficiency, it can be wielded 2H to gain +1 damage or one handed.

Charwoman Gene

Adventurer
I would like for the whole party to show at once if possible and then they will try and help with his plight by having one join him (for now they'll say) becasue he shouldn't be off alone. The rest will get back to whatever it is they were about before meeting him. (and I leave that up tp you.

I can work with this. I'll try to Get the beginning IC post tonight.

In regard to combat roles... you should take them into account, but not feel restricted. Since we already have a controller, having a second one is doable but tricky. As long as we have a leader, and not more than one more controller we'll be okay, although my preference would be one of each role, except an extra striker or maybe a hybrid in the last slot.

Walking Dad

First Post
I can work with this. I'll try to Get the beginning IC post tonight.

In regard to combat roles... you should take them into account, but not feel restricted. Since we already have a controller, having a second one is doable but tricky. As long as we have a leader, and not more than one more controller we'll be okay, although my preference would be one of each role, except an extra striker or maybe a hybrid in the last slot.

Look like I got really restricted in my choice, being the last to show his character... I hope the party is already balanced when I have to choose :)

Charwoman Gene

Adventurer
To explain more, my feeling is that as long as you have a leader and no more than two controllers, it's not a problem. With two controllers, someone has to play the defender role even if that is a defendery striker or leader.

I'm toying with the idea of not using a battle mat and instead going by older school combat. I'm just not sure how things are going to work out yet.

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
Well then I am ready with my group baseline wise still looking at the builds (Why does there have to be a Martial powers 1 & 2 geez)

The reason I asked about the weapon is I think a falchion could be used one handed by someone with a great strength score and losses a feat also. Didn't morgan freeman wield his one handed in RobinHood PoT???

I have two strikers and a leader(defense) in my selections. So we maybe good at the start WD.

HM

Charwoman Gene

Adventurer
The reason I asked about the weapon is I think a falchion could be used one handed by someone with a great strength score and losses a feat also. Didn't morgan freeman wield his one handed in RobinHood PoT???

If it is small enough to be used one-handed, even with training, it's not a falchion. Use a bent bastard sword. or use a falchion, keep one hand empty and useless but free for RP purposes.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads