[5e] Dread Metrol, The Mourning After. (Horror) (OOC)

Leatherhead

Possibly a Idiot.
I've never seen the "ad'" prefix before.

The only ones I know of are "d'" which indicates a person with a dragonmark. and "ir'" which indicates a noble born person.

Normally, the non-marked members of the house just use their house as a last name, unless they are House Tharashk (who just uses their family names) or talking with members from the same house (which again fall back to their family name instead of the house name)

Just not having a "d" has much of the same feel of what you were going for @MetaVoid . You are a member of the House, but not a Dragonmarked member (which I believe is something your character is concerned with)

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
I think it is a cool way to think about it, @MetaVoid, to make a distinction. I agree with Leatherhead though. Eberron has a naming convention for their Houses.
Lots of cultures added all kinds of things to the names to denote status, but usually the name without pre- su- and other -ixes is the basic member

JustinCase

the magical equivalent to the number zero
So what is our plan?

Do we find a way to sneak inside, or do we just ask?

I don't want to assume and just take an action in the IC, so I figured it's best to come to an agreement here.

Neurotic

Are there other options? MetaVoid suggested asking. But not here. So...stealth?

But ee can walk a big more around, sering fire breathing lizards and whatnot 'just to see what's on offer' ask for price etc .... and get the DM to describe the compound s bit more :p

I've suggested stealth (IC 122), which was rejected, and seeking employment (124), which was unanswered.
Isn't stealth the same as breaking in?
As for employment....sure, we could do that, but it either happens for you and we fall back to stealth/ambush (you let us in) or for everyone and we do the same as an inside job...but I don't really see Mal as a physical worker or Ozzar as good for anything but guard duty.

I'm fine with the group making an ambush - the complaining was just lawful good watchman meeting real life :)

It is a good idea, get employed, but we need to decide where to go from there. And besides, our cover story is we need mounts for some expedition, isn't it?

@Leatherhead real mission is to discover how and/or why the raptors are disappearing from the farm, right?

Leatherhead

Possibly a Idiot.
Right. Some Clawfeet, the raptor mounts that the halflings use and hold to be sacred, have been disappearing from the area, and the locals think that Whitewood Ranch did it.

Neurotic

Right. Some Clawfeet, the raptor mounts that the halflings use and hold to be sacred, have been disappearing from the area, and the locals think that Whitewood Ranch did it.
Eh, I thought they disappeared FROM the ranch :)
The trouble with PbP is that it is slow enough details can get lost or forgotten. Then the idea about the ambush of someone stealing them from the ranch makes no sense.

So...the plan is...speak about clawfoot purchase for our dear gnome? :)

Hades#2

Explorer
I suggest we continue with the tour a bit longer. Maybe ask if the ranch has ever dabbled with magebred Clawfeet or would consider it? Act like we would be interested in purchasing such creatures to see the reaction of our guide. Some of us could try sneaking in after dark perhaps.

Remove ads