• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E 5e EPIC MONSTER UPDATES

dave2008

Legend
Hey there, love this thread and all the work you've done. I have a question though to these god's attributes. For example, Pelor is listed to have a strength of 34 (+16), but usually a 34 would be a +12 as far as I know. This rings true to almost all of the Pelor's stats and a few of the others I have seen so far. Is there a reason for this in particular that I am missing? Also, I apologize if this was already asked earlier, but I figured this would be easier than looking through all 86 pages of posts. Thanks!

Yes, the OP explains it, but briefly, to beef up epic monsters I created a new modifier called "Epic Bonus" that gets added to a great many things, including attributes. This will be going away in the 2nd drafts (about 6 months to a year down the road).

Praeceps

First Post
Doh, totally must have missed that in my perusing, albeit very brief perusing, of the text on your first post. Thanks for the quick response you two.

jschrock95

Villager
I have added the bugbear god Hruggek to the Lesser gods section. This is the last new update for 1-2 weeks. I will be posting some updated epic threats that @Blacklight85 helped out with (updated to the new format, some proofreading, and some updated abilities, etc.), and then preparing an updated compiled PDF. After that is complete, here is the schedule for the next new epic updates:

6) Hruggek
7) Kozilek
8) Emrakul
9) Sehanine / Selune
10) Torog
11) Maglubiyet
12) Rillifane Rallathil
Hey loving all the stats you have created so far especially the dragons! Do you maybe have a timeline for great wyrm stats?

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using EN World mobile app

jschrock95

Villager
No not yet because I haven't found the mood or what most would say right feeling to make them. So a month give or take. Depends on how fast I make and how fast Dave edits it for any discrepancies.
Is there anything I can help with for the dragons? Don't mean to rush anything just thought I'd help if I could.

dave2008

Legend
Is there anything I can help with for the dragons? Don't mean to rush anything just thought I'd help if I could.

I am always willing to take on help; however, [MENTION=6902983]Blacklight85[/MENTION] has taken ownership of the dragons at this point. So I will leave it up to them. I have had 3 designers/editors on previous submissions.

That beings said, I have dozen or so updates that have already been submitted for review/editing, I am working on the PDF update, and then I have 6 more epic monsters (intermediate gods and aberrations) to finish before I would get to the great wyrm dragons. So, I will be lucky to get the great wyrm's posted in a month, probably more like 6 weeks.

Blacklight85

First Post
They look great! When do you think you will have the great wyrms finished?

As Dave said it might take a while since he is the one in charge of editing and cleaning up whatever I make. And even if I finish the great wyrms Dave wouldn't be able to release it immediately unless he decides to dump everything else and focus on it. But I'll probably have it in 2 weeks as I still don't know what to do with the great wyrms.

dave2008

Legend
I have updated the compiled PDF: http://www.enworld.org/forum/rpgdownloads.php?do=download&downloadid=1331

Version 8C of the 5e Epic Updates PDF includes format changes, a credits page, and new and updated threats, including:

New: Sess’innek, Semuanya, Thasmudyan, Bane, Kurtulmak, Hruggek

Updated: tarrasque, kraken, Kyuss, Cryonax, Cthulhu, Laogzed, Pelor, primal air elemental, The Raven Queen, Sekolah, empyrean

FYI, I will probably take a little break before I get back to it.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads