D&D 5E 5e EPIC MONSTER UPDATES

dave2008

Legend
I have uploaded the Umbral Blot, aka "Blackball," to the Constructs section. This completes my planned list of epic constructs.

The Umbral Blot is an odd thing to make a stat-block for and was a bit more time time consuming than I anticipated (it was the first construct I started and the last one I finished). I'm not 100% satisfied, but I am generally happy with how it turned out.

Last edited:

dave2008

Legend
I think it turned out quite well.
Think you should note the size of the Blot, since that is important for the disintegration ability.

Thank you for the feedback! I did list it as "medium" sized, so there is that. When, and if, I ever get around to adding the fluff text I would note the size there (5' diameter sphere). It is not something you typically see in a stat-block. Though I typically do it when I give something the "colossal" trait.

dave2008

Legend
I have added Blibdoolpoolp, the Kuo-Toa goddess, the the Demigods section. This is the last of my planned demigods. But I can add more uppon request, and after I get Volo's I may find some more I want to add.

dave2008

Legend
clearly you have produced a list of monsters people could print off at the FedEx and use as a foe manual. And clearly they are not all the same power scale as each other. I think you make it easier for DMs running a campaign with spells over 9th level.

Responding to the highlighted part. Actually all the monsters in this thread have a CR based on my revised table (in the OP). Now, some of my contributors use a more complex method (relying on ongoing spell damage and buffs for the DPR) than I typically design, but they should use the same scale. However, these are first drafts, so there can be some errors and inconsistencies.

you should make a short high level adventure, maybe for 20th-25th level characters, and include the mini table for levels 21-25 in the first could of pages.

I might try it some time, but it is not my forte. I run a very sandboxy player driven campaign and just don't have a lot of experience planning, let alone writing an adventure. Over in my Epic Characters thread I have a section reserved for Epic Adventures. It would be a good idea to post a short adventure there to describe my epic encounter balance ideas and setup. But that is a long way off.

Finally, have you checked out the epic character options on the DM's guilde? I purchased one of them, but the one that is selling the best is a little more than I want to spend at this time. For what I can see they have a lot of similarities. They both take the PC's to 30th level. The one I purchased ("Epic Options" by Gerard Shore) as notes on up to level 18 spell slots and how to advance certain spells to these higher levels. There a no new spells and, to be honest, the explanation on how to obtain the epic spell slots is not very well done. The other one ("Epic Characters" by Marc Altfuldisch) is very highly rated and a best seller (gold level) which is impressive since it is epic content that costs $10 (high for the DMsGuild). I have not purchased it yet, but I will when I get to working on my PC epic options. However, I don't see anything about epic spells in the ToC and since he caps proficiency at +6 I don't think it is the approach your interested in, but I could be wrong.

dave2008

Legend
I am adding Psionic abilities and powers from another home brew to your monsters.
What say you?

Have at it. As long as your not trying to sell them I certainly don't have any issue. I've never played with psionics in my games, so I probably will not be adding them. But feel free to with these whatever you want - that's why I've posted them.

Terraproxy

First Post
Have at it. As long as your not trying to sell them I certainly don't have any issue. I've never played with psionics in my games, so I probably will not be adding them. But feel free to with these whatever you want - that's why I've posted them.

Stealing is lame, so is a balanced game.
extremes for life. Peace.

Remove ads