• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E 5e EPIC MONSTER UPDATES

I had a look at the updated Empyrean, he seems really good. The only think I noticed was that all his stat scores were the same but the modifiers had increased by one. Wouldn't they all have been the same as before, just perhaps skill prof may have increased?

dave2008

Legend
I have added Bane to the Greater Gods section. I will probably make a CR 29 avatar version of him this weekend too, and then it is on to:

4) Bane
5) Kurtukmak
6) Hruggek
7) Kozilek
8) Emrakul
9) Sehanine
10) Torog
11) Maglubiyet
12) Rillifane Rallathil

ATroper

First Post
I had a look at the updated Empyrean, he seems really good. The only think I noticed was that all his stat scores were the same but the modifiers had increased by one. Wouldn't they all have been the same as before, just perhaps skill prof may have increased?

That's due to the +1 epic bonus for the Empyrean. I was surprised by the addition as well. >.>

dave2008

Legend
I've just seen Bane....HE IS AWESOME!! I'm excited to see what an avatar of Bane looks like!

I'm glad you like him. I will get to the avatar later this weekend, but it is not going to look a lot different. The attacks will be weaker, DCs and bonuses lower, and not quite so many combat options.

dave2008

Legend

[MENTION=6880074]ATroper[/MENTION] has it. It is the epic bonus, I must have done the original update before I fully codified the epic bonus system. Of course that is all going away in the 2nd drafts.

Blacklight85

First Post
I have added Bane to the Greater Gods section. I will probably make a CR 29 avatar version of him this weekend too, and then it is on to:

4) Bane
5) Kurtukmak
6) Hruggek
7) Kozilek
8) Emrakul
9) Sehanine
10) Torog
11) Maglubiyet
12) Rillifane Rallathil

Mate I just noticed, is the hit points of the gods supposed to be maxed out? Bane' hit points should only be 1224. Is this the case with all greater gods?

dave2008

Legend
Mate I just noticed, is the hit points of the gods supposed to be maxed out? Bane' hit points should only be 1224. Is this the case with all greater gods?

Yes,
All the gods actually. They are unique and singular - there is no average god :) Actually, many of these epic threats have maxed hit points.

Remove ads