• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E 5e EPIC MONSTER UPDATES

Blacklight85

First Post
Yes,
All the gods actually. They are unique and singular - there is no average god :) Actually, many of these epic threats have maxed hit points.

Oh that's good to know. Well time to recheck the statblocks I'm making. Actually I'm close to finishing the statblocks you gave me only 2 to go. I have to ask what are the creatures you allow max hit points. I'm assuming all gods and what else?

dave2008

Legend
Oh that's good to know. Well time to recheck the statblocks I'm making. Actually I'm close to finishing the statblocks you gave me only 2 to go. I have to ask what are the creatures you allow max hit points. I'm assuming all gods and what else?

If it is a unique creature, like an arch-devil, demon lord, gods, arch-fey, eldritch titans, etc., it has max hit points. If it is simply an epic monster (like a dragon, repeater, lich, etc.) it has average hit points.

ATroper

First Post
The Avatar looks really good. But there is one detail I noticed in the Magic Weapons trait that seems amiss. It says that the Avatar of Bane also wears a +2 epic breastplate, but only the epic shield is accounted for in the variations of its AC.

dave2008

Legend
The Avatar looks really good. But there is one detail I noticed in the Magic Weapons trait that seems amiss. It says that the Avatar of Bane also wears a +2 epic breastplate, but only the epic shield is accounted for in the variations of its AC.

The armor thing is difficult in 5e since it is not cumulative. Breastplate is 14 + dex (max 2), so that would only give bane an AC of 18. So i decided maybe "epic' armor allows you to add 1/2 or possibly full dex. So at full dex you get 14+10+2 = 26. That is wear if came from, but as I was undecided if that was truly the route I wanted to take (i figured the greater god version differently), i just called it natural armor.

When I get to the 2nd drafts i will have to have epic armor codified as well.

dave2008

Legend
I have added the kobold god Kurtulmak to the lesser gods sections.

Up Next:

5) Kurtulmak
6) Hruggek
7) Kozilek
8) Emrakul
9) Sehanine
10) Torog
11) Maglubiyet
12) Rillifane Rallathil

dave2008

Legend
I have added the bugbear god Hruggek to the Lesser gods section. This is the last new update for 1-2 weeks. I will be posting some updated epic threats that @Blacklight85 helped out with (updated to the new format, some proofreading, and some updated abilities, etc.), and then preparing an updated compiled PDF. After that is complete, here is the schedule for the next new epic updates:

6) Hruggek
7) Kozilek
8) Emrakul
9) Sehanine / Selune
10) Torog
11) Maglubiyet
12) Rillifane Rallathil

Praeceps

First Post
Hey there, love this thread and all the work you've done. I have a question though to these god's attributes. For example, Pelor is listed to have a strength of 34 (+16), but usually a 34 would be a +12 as far as I know. This rings true to almost all of the Pelor's stats and a few of the others I have seen so far. Is there a reason for this in particular that I am missing? Also, I apologize if this was already asked earlier, but I figured this would be easier than looking through all 86 pages of posts. Thanks!

Rubies

First Post
Go to the first page of the thread and click on "5e Epic Monsters by CR table" you will see an epic bonus row you add that modifier to its ability score modifiers, AC, Attack Bonus, Save DC, and damage to each attack.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads