[5e] Eye of Fear and Flame

Matau99

Explorer
This is just a little thing I made while reading Fifth Edition Foes and finding that there wasn't an Eye of Fear and Flame. So, I quick drew one up.

EYE OF FEAR AND FLAME
Medium undead, chaotic evil
Armor Class 20 (natural armor)
Hit Points 78 (12d8+24)
Speed 30 ft.
STRDEXCONINTWISCHA
17 (+3)14 (+2)14 (+2)18 (+4)17 (+3)19 (+4)
Saving Throws Int +7, Wis +6, Cha +7
Skills Acrobatics +5, Arcana +10, Perception +9, Stealth +5
Senses truesight 120 ft., passive Perception 19
Damage Resistances piercing and slashing from nonmagical weapons
Damage Immunities cold, necrotic, poison
Condition Immunities exhaustion, poisoned
Languages Common
Challenge 7 (2,900 XP)

TRAITS
Turn Resistance. The eye of fear and flame has advantage on any roll against being turned.
Ethereal Jaunt. By spending two turns concentrating, the eye of fear and flame can magically shift from the Material Plane to the Ethereal Plane, or vice versa.
Spell Reflection. If blindness or a similar targeted vision-affecting spell or effect is cast on the eye of fear and flame, it is reflected back at the caster, who must save against their own spell save DC.

ACTIONS
Eye of Fear. As a bonus action, the eye of fear and flame can replicate the cone of fear effect of a wand of fear.
Eye of Flame (Recharge 5-6). As an action, the eye of fear and flame can cast fireball as a 7th-level spell (DC 15, Charisma-based).
Claw. Melee Weapon Attack: +5 to hit, reach 5 ft., one target. Hit: 5 (1d4+3) slashing damage

What do you think? Faithful to the original? Does it punch above, at, or below its CR?
Whatever your verdict, I hope you like it!

EDIT 1: Wrong size hit dice
EDIT 2: Removed useless default reaction section
EDIT 3: Copied stats from attachment to page
EDIT 4: Made Ethereal Jaunt more like the original EoFaF

Attachments

• Eye of Fear and Flame.docx
    31.2 KB · Views: 261
Last edited:

Remove ads