D&D 5E 5e Players: How often have you been allowed to use 3PP?

How often have you been allowed to use 3PP as a 5e player?

• Poll closed .

EzekielRaiden

Follower of the Way
Simple question. In the games you've played (not run, played) how often were you allowed to use 3PP? Even if you didn't use it yourself.

Note: You cannot change your vote. Vote wisely.

Note that I am not talking about table-specific homebrew. It has to be an actual product, that someone could acquire (buy, PWYW, etc.) on something like DM's Guild, DriveThruRPG, etc. or through some sort of publication like EN5ider.

ETA: if even one product is allowed, that counts. This is not "how much 3PP do you allow," it is only whether 3PP, of any kind, is allowed in games you've played.

Last edited:

EzekielRaiden

Follower of the Way
Usually I don't ask so it's hard to say.

If I bother asking it's normally a yes.

Normally I just ask prospective DM what they allow and go from there. Current one said humans or close to it preferred (CoS).
Then that would sound like "more often than not," to me, given you've said games with relative strangers are "50/50." If you never asked, it's not a point for or against, so it doesn't really count.

the Jester

Legend
Well, every group I am in allows either the homebrewed material from my game- there's a ton of it, it's pretty well balanced, and those DMs are or have been players in my game and have seen my work in the past- and/or allow certain third party material outside of that.

Zardnaar

Legend
Then that would sound like "more often than not," to me, given you've said games with relative strangers are "50/50." If you never asked, it's not a point for or against, so it doesn't really count.

More when I do ask the answer is usually yes. I dint ask all the time if that makes sense.

Remove ads