D&D 5E [5e +] So what are you currently doing with 5e

Ackbladder

Explorer
We put our RotRL Pathfinder game on hold (characters had just hit 6th-level) in order to try out 5E. I GM'd a fairly straight forward LMoP, albeit with some geographical changes since I was gonna have it lead into Forge of Fury followed by Red Hand of Doom for the Rich Baker hat trick. Sadly, the group earned a well-deserved TPK in the middle of the actual mines through some pretty dumb play.

Since 5E rules were a big hit, and everyone in the group preferred them over Pathfinder, I'm now running the Shattered Star AP converted to 5E. So far it's ok, hopefully I'll get a little quicker and smoother at converting as we go along, since the stat blocks get pretty beefy as the AP goes on. I'll likely replace the 3rd volume (which seems weak to me) with a conversion of Ravager of Time and a homebrew swampy dungeon-crawl.

I'm also playing a dwarven eldritch knight in a HotDQ campaign on Roll20. It's ok - good GM, but adventure doesn't seem up the standards of LMoP or most of my favourite AP's.

I'm really hoping we see a 3rd-party license agreement from Wizards soon so we can get some quality AP's or adventures to run (not impressed with any of Wizards offerings or announcements so far - ToEE in FR? WTF Wizards?).

SkidAce

Legend
Supporter
I am currently running a PBP game set in my homebrew setting. The campaign follows a group of heroes working for the bronze dragon Spitfire . So far, the heroes have been tasked with turning an ancient red dragon against Spitfire's bitter rivals, a pair of twin green dragons. We started at first level and are now at fourth. We have been playing since the beginning of July. The characters have reached 4th level. It is by far the most fun I have had running a PBP game.

I am also playing in a PBP game in a neutral setting, playing through the Mines of Madness. This has been quite a fun adventure so far. We somehow haven't lost any of the PCs (3rd level) and have bought the inn at the local village. Our group necromancer plans to run the inn with undead. My half-orc (dworc) character has the hopes of re-opening the mine if they should succeed in the adventure. This has also been on of the best PBP games I have played in.

The two games each have 3 players (including myself and the other DM) in common.

I also played in a 5th edition conversion of Heirloom (a living FR adventure). It was a decent city adventure.

PbP has saved my hobby...all us ex-mil folks spread across the world have been playing one for 2 1/2 years.

And to be on topic, we switched to 5E when Basic came out.

/tangent: How do you manage your game? Our's is https://unconquered-kingdoms.obsidianportal.com/

Gradine

The Elephant in the Room (she/her)
Going to start an online campaign soon as a Half Elven gentleman rogue. Should be fun.

Working up a conversion guide for Tyranny of Dragons for Eberron. It's been a ton of fun mining all of the little ways that being set in Eberron makes a difference. I hope to be done with Hoard of the Cold Sun soon and move onto Rise of Masvirik.

guachi

Hero
A few months ago I started playing an Adventurers League game. Enjoying my Ranger 2/Rogue 4.

I FINALLY might be starting my Mystara based campaign soon. Lots of changes to fit in with the particulars of the world.

JohnLynch

Explorer
I'm currently running Lost Mine of Phandelver and next week will finish it. I gave my players two plothooks. One would have led to the GDQ 2nd ed series with the other leading to the end of Book 2 of Serpent's Skull. They've chosen to go on Serpent's Skull.

The local gaming club has a games night this Thursday. So I'll be running a one-shot for the first level of a megadungeon I'm working on. I've got half of the first level built which should be enough.

pogre

Legend
Starting a new group in a semi-sandbox campaign on Wednesday. Continuing to run my sons through a 5e campaign at home. All original adventures thus far - stuff that I will use for the Wednesday night campaign. I've enjoyed running the 5e rules a lot. My 11-year-old runs Labrynth Lord, so I play a bit too - just not 5e.

JoeCrow

Explorer
As Dm: running a home-brew campaign that started as the Caves of Chaos with the playtest stuff a couple of years ago that I tacked onto the edge of a campaign world that a friend and I'd been tinkering with. Basically we were trying to build a world with all of the cool fantasy stuff we liked in it (dinosaurs!/ancient wizard empires!/swashbuckling pirates!/creepy vampire princes!/clockwork-steampunk weirdness!/pseudo-celtic druids!/vikings!/noble knightly orders!)

Now they've managed to attract the attention of the Cult of Chaos (Tharizdunian whackos), the agents of the black dragon Skallatrice Tenebraxus (ancient shadow dragon that's the reason there's Five Kingdoms now instead of Six), an illithid mastermind, and a demon cult of were-wargs. And they're only 5th level.

Playing: PbP game on a forum over at Proboards. I'm a human rogue. Good to actually be able to play again.

Remove ads