D&D 5E 5E Survivor - Subclasses (Part IV: Clerics)

CleverNickName

Limit Break Dancing
And we have a winner! All hail the champion of the Cleric class, the Tempest Domain!

1663354422069.png

This subclass will represent all clerics in the Final Round, where it will face off against the Battle Smith, Totem Warrior, College of Lore, and all other finalists yet to be discovered. Does this Subclass have the chops to win against all the other contenders? Time will tell!

Ancalagon

Dusty Dragon
I have to say, I'm very surprised that the knowledge cleric lasted this long - not because I don't like it, but because it's generally not well seen...

Gradine

The Elephant in the Room (she/they)
I mean, this really was the best top two we could have asked for (well, that would have been Trickery & Community, but this was definitely the next best thing)

CleverNickName

Limit Break Dancing
Of the two, the Tempest Cleric is the stronger contender to represent the whole cleric class. The Knowledge Domain is a great domain, and criminally underrated, but it wouldn't last long in the final round.

DND_Reborn

The High Aldwin
Tempest is TOO focused to represent the whole cleric class! Knowledge domain is universally useful for pretty much any cleric concept IME.

FWIW, in nearly five years of 5E now, NO ONE in any of my groups has EVER even considered the Tempest domain... It is much too specific. Don't get me wrong, I think it would do well for what it does, but no I cannot even remotely consider it better for a contender to represent the whole cleric class.

CleverNickName

Limit Break Dancing
Tempest is TOO focused to represent the whole cleric class! Knowledge domain is universally useful for pretty much any cleric concept IME.

FWIW, in nearly five years of 5E now, NO ONE in any of my groups has EVER even considered the Tempest domain... It is much too specific. Don't get me wrong, I think it would do well for what it does, but no I cannot even remotely consider it better for a contender to represent the whole cleric class.
I'm just sayin', lots of people would see Tempest Cleric in the finals and think "Oh yeah, I remember that one, it was fun." I don't think we can say the same thing about the Knowledge Cleric. Tempest isn't better, but it is more recognizable and more frequently played (according to D&D Beyond anyway).
1663367093334.png

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases