D&D 5E 5e witches, your preferred implementation?

Cadence

Legend
Supporter
Googling around for other things, I stumbled across this (which has some information from a half page about witches and a few pages of witch NPC class in Dragon #43). The class is by Bill Muhlhausen (revised and edited by Kim Mohan and Tom Moldvay). The small article about witches is by Moldvay.

1643143179024.png

The powers gained at various levels include: Brew poisons and narcotics, Brew truth drug, Brew love potion, Read Magic-User, Druid & Cleric scorlls, Candle Magic, Acquire familiar, Brew flying ointment, Manufacture control doll, Fascinate, Limited Wish, and Shape Change. There is also a full spell list.

Last edited:

MGibster

Legend
Googling around for other things, I stumbled across this (which has some information from a half page about witches and a few pages of witch NPC class in Dragon #43). The class is by Bill Muhlhausen (revised and edited by Kim Mohan and Tom Moldvay). The small article about witches is by Moldvay.
Every time I see Margaret Murry's name pop up in relation to European witches I involuntarily twitch a little. I could certainly live with Muhlhausen's version of the witch in 5E. I'm not sure it's action oriented enough for D&D but it could certainly work.

View attachment 150696

The powers gained at various levels include: Brew poisons and narcotics, Brew truth drug, Brew love potion, Read Magic-User, Druid & Cleric scorlls, Candle Magic, Acquire familiar, Brew flying ointment, Manufacture control doll, Fascinate, Limited Wish, and Shape Change. There is also a full spell list.

Sounds like it could be a rustic Artificer subclass, that uses an herbalist kit as their tool-implement.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases