• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

#6 Revelations release date!

d2OKC

Explorer
Super excited to read through this this weekend!

Edit: Woah! I'm only about three pages in and I've already stumbled across something that blew my mind! What are the spoilers rules here? Do we assume that anyone that would be reading this would be privy to the secrets in the modules?

Last edited:

We should probably implement a policy of noting in the first post of a thread whether it will be for GMs or for players, but I figure generally players should know not to peek into discussions of upcoming adventures.

Ajar

Explorer
Unrelated question: I didn't miss the follow-up subscriber/backer-only villainous conspiracy poll, did I? That hasn't happened yet, right?

Added: Also, RW, I've got descriptions from all but one of my players. I'll be in touch soon.

I have not done that poll because it seemed like everyone who was interested already had their say, and a second poll would be an unnecessary complication. I'd do it if enough people seemed interested, but that seems unlikely.

I do, though, need to figure out who gets free PDFs of the first act.

Ajar

Explorer
I ask because I wonder whether my custom faction might have more success without the other poll options prejudicing the other respondents. ;)

(Yeah, the second poll. I'm looking at concepts for Dame Constance for my Grand Design Kickstarter contribution.)

Shrander

First Post
I've just started playing this adventure but an issue came up during Brakken's trial. We've established, during the banquet near the end of Cauldron-Born, that Brakken can read people's surface thoughts and send psychic messages.

He might not have been "listening" during the initial attack, but I don't see any reason he wouldn't try it during the trial itself. And how likely is it that the orcs will be able to get through the trial without thinking something like "Just stick to the story a little longer and we'll get paid" or "I don't like how that judge is looking at me, does she know I'm lying?"

Of course, Brakken wouldn't publicly admit that he's reading his accusers' thoughts, which would probably only get him in more trouble. But is there anything stopping him from just telepathically letting the PCs know that his accusers are fakes?

(This came up in my group when one of the PCs, who has a Medallion of the Mind, announced that he wanted to mentally contact Brakken while the trial went on -- and I realized that he wouldn't even have needed the medallion.)

My thought is that Brakken would not use any psychic abilities once he knew he was being put on trial by an Executore dola Liberta. He'd want to be able to cover his ass and say honestly that he's not reading anyone's minds or anything like that, so he'd turn off his telepathy.

Plus, he has no reason to suspect there's anything nefarious afoot here. Now if the party asked him to listen to surface thoughts (or if they did anything like that themselves), it'd be easy to figure out what's up. But you have to have a reason to want to scan someone's thoughts. It's not an 'always on' thing for Brakken.

skotothalamos

formerly roadtoad
I'm wondering what the Ber races think of razorclaw shifters. We have a razorclaw monk in our group and I had to share the various prejudices with her. I guess we'll come up with something. :)

Remove ads