7 Years of D&D Stories? And a "Big Reveal" Coming?

When asked what he was working on, WotC's Chris Perkins revealed a couple of juicy tidbits. They're not much, but they're certainly tantalizing. Initially, he said that "Our marketing team has a big reveal in the works", and followed that up separately with "Right now I'm working on the next seven years of D&D stories". What all that might mean is anybody's guess, but it sounds like there are plans for D&D stretching into the foreseeable future! Thanks to Barantor for the scoop!

When asked what he was working on, WotC's Chris Perkins revealed a couple of juicy tidbits. They're not much, but they're certainly tantalizing. Initially, he said that "Our marketing team has a big reveal in the works", and followed that up separately with "Right now I'm working on the next seven years of D&D stories". What all that might mean is anybody's guess, but it sounds like there are plans for D&D stretching into the foreseeable future! Thanks to Barantor for the scoop!

delericho

Legend
LOL I bet "big reveal in the works" refers to a licensed product.

Could well be. Or it could be the official announcement of that "Alice in Wonderland" storyline.

Though, hopefully, it will be some upcoming supplements. Or Dragon/Dungeon coming back. Or the OGL. (Okay, probably not the OGL.)

Guess we're back to wait and see.

Manchu

First Post
I'm just in denial. Instead of Ravenloft, Dragonlance, Dark Sun, or heck even Spelljammer ... we get ... Alice in Wonderland.

Iosue

Legend
A publishing strategy built entirely around "stories" holds little or no interest to me. Not that there aren't a place for those, but I am worried that is *all* we'll get -- one AP at a time with tie ins to the video games, novels, comics and board games with no smaller modules, no Dragon or Dungeon and no well detailed campaign setting publications. I mean, only time will tell, but the mention of "D&D stories" leans that way, I think.
I see this sentiment a lot, but I don't get it. For sure, big cross platform stories will be their flagship product, aimed at a mass market rather than the established RPG market. But that doesn't mean no Dragon/Dungeon, and no other products.

chriton227

Explorer
I'm just in denial. Instead of Ravenloft, Dragonlance, Dark Sun, or heck even Spelljammer ... we get ... Alice in Wonderland.

To be fair, Alice in Wonderland was in published D&D products long before Dragonlance, Dark Sun, Spelljammer, or Forgotten Realms, and the same year as the original Ravenloft. Alice in Wonderland and Through the Looking-Glass were the basis of EX1 Dungeonland and EX2 The Land Beyond the Magic Mirror way back in 1983.

Iosue

Legend
Actually, the fact that Perkins says he's working on the next seven years of stories gives me hope for the magazines. Getting ahead on their plans for the big releases should give him the breathing room to get the magazines up and running again in the near future.

Remove ads

Remove ads