A Candlekeep Mystery (IC)

FitzTheRuke

Legend
Kaliban had heard of creatures such as these. He was able to name it as a "Meenlock" and to supply that it was some sort of telepathic tormenting fey.

OOC: I suppose it's possible that someone knows more, if anyone would like to venture their own Int roll. Not Crock Jon or Shedrick. They have no idea.

Leatherhead

Possibly a Idiot.
Argenti studies the creature, one of many she isn't familiar with in these lands. It's face is far to insectoid for the genasi to come to any conclusions about it's intentions.

"Is this one of the local bugs?" She asks while fidgeting with one of her green stones. "Can we not just squish it with a rock?"

OOC: Argenti did her best, but her best isn't good enough for this sort of thing, hah.
Insight check: 1D20+3 = [3]+3 = 6

DEFCON 1

Legend
Supporter
Hawthorne shakes his head after hearing what the deep gnome had to say regarding these creatures, and he squints at the struggling thing in Crack Jon's arms. When Argenti brings up squashing it with a rock, the look on the young man's face can obviously indicate he isn't thrilled with the idea.

"I don't know... that seems rather... drastic? But if Ethian says this poor fey thing will only bring us issue, I don't know what's our other choices."

He takes a few moments to think about what little he knows about this thing's history, but also with what they determined just based upon their encounter with it thus far (not going to roll Arcana or Religion as I'm not proficient with either.)

Confident that Jon has a solid grip and that out here in the open the fey has little strength to fight against the halfork, Hawthorne considers the alternatives. "All right, so what do we know? We know this is a fey, we know that it moans and cries and can make us feel hopeless. We also know that when there is darkness about it can seemingly pass through areas portalling about. That leads me to think that if we determine we don't want to just destroy the thing... something I'm not exactly keen to do as it is defenseless although I'll submit to the group's opinion on that score... our other best option would be to tie it down someplace out in the open in direct sunlight so that it can't port away. Then we just try to get up to the caves and get everything taken care of before the sun sets down."

He glances up at the sky and what sunlight and/or cloud cover might be throwing down, then looks around the small village to see if there is anything the would be solid enough to tie the meenlock to but which would not produce any shadows that the creature could fall through.

Steve Gorak

Adventurer
This fey has not harmed us meaningfully, we’re the ones that encroached on its space. The two options I see are either to release it, or to tie it up. Violence isn’t justified. I would prefer to release it, but I’m afraid it may be our downfall. This is why I want to consult Sehanine”

FitzTheRuke

Legend
At the moment, the best spot to keep the creature was in an open grass-covered garden on the hill behind the manor-house. Nothing could stop shadows from passing over the area by late afternoon, but such was the best they could do.

"I could stay and guard it." suggested Ruznami, who was interested in studying the creature.

OOC: And is currently missing his player.

Kobold Stew

Last Guy in the Airlock
Supporter
Crock Jon listens to the conversation, and is ready to take orders. He considers the creature in his grasp, still struggling. Does it appear to be in pain from the sunlight? Are they talking about torturing it? If not, he says nothing and does as he is told.

FitzTheRuke

Legend
"I could stay with Sage Ruznami, to watch his back," suggested Shedrick to Hawthorne, hoping that he wouldn't have to go into the haunted mine.

DEFCON 1

Legend
Supporter
With the dwarf and his batman both stating their willingness to watch over the creature in the middle of the garden up on the hill, Hawthorne nods and motions to Crock Jon. "Then let's do that. Take this thing up the hill and we will stake him off in the garden so there are no shadows for it to escape within. Ruznami, Shedrick... let's make sure it stays put, but don't risk your lives over the thing. Keep a safe distance once we get it secured. The rest of us? Let's just do a quick investigation of the manor house... get our geared stowed... then make our way to the mine once we are ready so we can get that done hopefully before the long shadows of late day give us issues."

He nods to everyone and then begins walking up the hill to get the stake set up for the meenlock to be tied to.

Remove ads