A Candlekeep Mystery (IC)

FitzTheRuke

Legend
Not sure if I understood what is happening; please redeploy rolls as needed...
OOC: Not knowing what's happening is probably about right! (It's just that Crock Jon has been damaged by two meenlocks, who have a paralytic.) I haven't dropped out of rounds yet, though. Just waiting on Argenti to roll round... uh, whatever # we're on. I'll use your rolls at the top of next round, though.

Kobold Stew

Last Guy in the Airlock
Supporter
OOC: NP: you had said that these might not be synchronous, and I thought you were getting us all together, chronologically.

Leatherhead

Possibly a Idiot.
Argenti was in a panic, everyone, even the enemy, had suddenly stopped moving, and there were too many voices to keep track of.
"I have to trust I heard you right, Carin." The genasi says as she drags Ethan's stiff body along the rope.

OOC: Sorry for keeping you waiting!
Dragging Ethan to square AN 10.

FitzTheRuke

Legend
Argenti pulled Ethian away from the suddenly slothful meenlock, who released him and stood twitching its antennae as Cairn shambled past it. She shook the elf, who stood in a stupor, a twisted expression of fear and confusion on his normally calm face.

FitzTheRuke

Legend
GM: Encounter: Black Dragon Agents vs Meenlocks in the Mossy Maze
MineMossMaze5.jpg

(General Features)
Difficult Terrain: Everywhere (Moss is heavy, terrain uneven)
Visibility: Dark (Underground); Obscured by moss (You can only see adjacent 5')
Name * AC * HP * Hit Dice * PasPrc * Spells * (Notes)
(PCs)
Argenti AC14 HP 31/31 THP 0/7 HD 4/4 PP13 SS 2/2
Cairn AC18 HP 35/43 THP 0/7 HD 4/4 PP13** 2W 1/1 AS 1/1
Crock Jon AC14 HP 1/36 THP 0/7 HD 4/4 PP12* SD 4/4
Ethian AC19* HP 10/27 THP 0/7 HD 4/4 PP16* PIns16 SS 4/4 3/3 CD 0/1 (Paralyzed)
Hawthorne AC14 HP 25/31 THP 0/7 HD 4/4 PP17 PInv17 PIns15
Kaliban AC18* HP 35/35 THP 0/7 HD 4/4 PP10* PED 4/4 (d6's)
Meenlocks AC15 HP 37ea PP14*
-ML1 28/37; ML2 17/37; ML3 0/37 (dead); ML4 13/37;
GM: End Round Four; Begin Round Five

DEFCON 1

Legend
Supporter
The waist-high moss would be difficult to push through, but Hawthorne's intention was always to try and circle around, rather than go deeper into the tunnels. He takes a deep breath, looks down at Kaliban, and says something as humorously as possible so as to try and not offend his much shorter ally. "We need that path on the far side. You okay with standing on my shoulders with weapon drawn as I try and push us through this green sludge?"

OOC: If Kaliban agrees to it, Hawthorne will reach down and lift the snirfneblin up and place him feet-first upon his shoulders, holding him in place with his hands. He will then try and cross the chamber, getting over to the passage at AJ20/21. If the opening is higher on the wall, he'll help Kaliban hoist himself up into the tunnel, then try and climb up himself (although I doubt I'll have enough movement available to do it this round.)

FitzTheRuke

Legend
If Kaliban agrees to it, Hawthorne will reach down and lift the snirfneblin up and place him feet-first upon his shoulders, holding him in place with his hands. He will then try and cross the chamber, getting over to the passage at AJ20/21. If the opening is higher on the wall, he'll help Kaliban hoist himself up into the tunnel, then try and climb up himself (although I doubt I'll have enough movement available to do it this round.)
OOC: Sounds good. Gimme an Athletics check and @VLAD the Destroyer Kaliban gimme an Acrobatics. DCs aren't terribly high, it'll mostly inform my description.

DEFCON 1

Legend
Supporter
The deep moss proves very difficult for Hawthorne to move through, and he curses silently to himself that he spent so much of his childhood indoors and not working on any of his physicality.

OOC: STR (Athletics) check: (9)-1=8

Remove ads