A Candlekeep Mystery (IC)

Leatherhead

Possibly a Idiot.
"WHOA!" Argenti takes a moment to ready herself after the weight of the falling elemental knocks her off her feet. "Cairn! Are you all right down there?"

Last edited:

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
"There is one humanoid under me that isn't well." Cairn responds as he pulls himself back and as he reaches the edge of the opening gratefully grabs solid stone for support. This 'rope' thing made of weak organic materials saved him some pain, but he doesn't fully trust it. But Ethian-leader proved himself worthy of the title.

FitzTheRuke

Legend
Like sand in the hourglass, dried moss clumps slid past Cairn as he pulled himself up through the hole, partly burying the body in the lower chamber.

OOC: Leave it behind or go investigate?

DEFCON 1

Legend
Supporter
From the back of the line Hawthorne shouts "Someone's down there? Are they moving? Cairn... check on him if you can... we should pull them out of that hole." He glances at the rope they shortened up between them all and scrunches his face. "Do we have enough slack for him to get the person? Ethian-- Argenti-- can we give the big guy a bit more length?"

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
"He, the trapped one, only needs some water, I believe, you, the fleshy ones, need water for your blood."
Cairn pulls himself fully back.
"This one can lower one of you, lighter weight on the rope."

FitzTheRuke

Legend
Lowering Cairn was definitely going to be the harder task (when compared to someone else). On the other hand, they would have to retreat into the hall and rearrange the ropes to lower someone else.

OOC: Can be done, though. Who's going?

FitzTheRuke

Legend
OOC: How deep is the pit? Can I reach the body with my telekinesis?
OOC: The body is only about 30 feet away from the stable part of the cavern, but if you need to see it, you'll have to go through the loose dried moss. It's like an hourglass, and the moss is the sand (though it clumps up and stops running through after a moment). The weight of a person will push it (and them) through, though. Body is in the lower chamber.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases