D&D 5E A Compilation of all the Race Changes in Monsters of the Multiverse

Over on Reddit, user KingJackel went through the video leak which came out a few days ago and manually compiled a list of all the changes to races in the book. The changes are quite extensive, with only the fairy and harengon remaining unchanged. The book contains 33 races in total, compiled and updated from previous Dungeons & Dragons books...

Over on Reddit, user KingJackel went through the video leak which came out a few days ago and manually compiled a list of all the changes to races in the book. The changes are quite extensive, with only the fairy and harengon remaining unchanged. The book contains 33 races in total, compiled and updated from previous Dungeons & Dragons books.

greg-rutkowski-monsters-of-the-multiverse-1920.jpg

Faolyn

(she/her)
If they wanted to alienate their older fan base, they made a critical success. I'm not going to buy anything else. Maybe it's time for me to heavily mod 5ed to a closer step towards 1ed...
I think you mean "if they want to alienate me, they made a critical success." I'm probably not going to buy this product, but only because I don't need it and have a limited budget, not because it upsets or alienates me.

Edit: Wrong Edit.

Last edited:

Faolyn

(she/her)
Her pose doesn't strike me as significantly different from the dragonborn standing next to her. Though it makes a little more sense for the dragonborn because it looks like he's on home plate looking to get to first base. They both look ridiculous.
The problem is that the dragonborn is covering his chest with his arm, while the woman has her cleavage out for all the monsters to see. They might both indeed look ridiculous, but really only one is designed to be eye candy.

Edit (Right Edit): There's also the way she's posing so that it emphasizes both her breasts and her butt. If they could have gotten away with one of those comic book broken spine poses for her, I bet they would have.

SkidAce

Legend
Supporter
All I can say now with this rework is:

Bugbear Assassins.
Since the late 80s;

Bugbears in white sheep skins hiding in the snow. i.e. "Bugbears in sheep's clothing",
Bugbear ninjas,
Two bugbears in a horse suit,
Bugbears camo'ed as trees. "I say, was that tree there before?" etc etc.

These changes will only make it even better worse for the players.

I mean they cant decide whether they hate bugbears or Koblod Kommandos more....

Yaarel

He Mage
yeah...I dont think it will. I'll wait for the release of the solo book, then I take one ancestry at a time and rewrite them to fit my vision of that ancestry. Starting by removing Darkvision from most of them :p

I love most of these changes, mind you.
Sounds good to me!

Swapping darkvision for a cantrip feels balanced and can help flavor.

For my Norse-esque campaign, I will probably make the alfar Elemental, along with the jotnar.

Remove ads

Remove ads