D&D General A possible reason why in A Earlier Thread The Earl didn't know that the women that the women that wanted to marry his son was A Future Queen?

JMISBEST

Explorer
Here's a follow up thread on what I think is a plausible reason for how in the thread on how would The Earl react to the news that he unknowingly refused to let his son marry a future queen as to why The Earl didn't know that the women that the women that wanted to marry his son was A Future Queen?

1 of the posters said that theirs no way The Earl would not know that she's A Future Queen

Then I though what if she was on a visit to a far away foreign land, took a liking to The Earls son, asked to marry him and The Earl asked "are you nobility

The Future Queen said "no", she's not lying, after all she isn't nobility, she's not only royalty she's A Future Queen, then before revealing she's A Future Queen she took a 1 minute pause for dramatic effect

Unfortunately that 1 minute pause for dramatic effect resulted in her being thrown out of The Earls castle since she wasn't nobility and as she hadn't instantly revealed she was royalty The Earl assumed she was A Commoner and had her tossed out

JMISBEST

Explorer
I'm no public speaker, but isn't the recommended duration of a dramatic pause about 1-7 seconds?
I thought about that and I figured that because she's royalty her idea of how long a dramatic pause should last is both unique and very dangerously long

Ooops I've just realized that I meant to put very dangerously long but by mistake I only put dangerously long. Sorry. I've now corrected the mistake

Last edited:

I'm no public speaker, but isn't the recommended duration of a dramatic pause about 1-7 seconds?
1-2 seconds is considered a hesitation
1-2 seconds is also a moment (i.e. give me a second to do this / give me a moment)
3 seconds is a countdown.
4 seconds is a song by Chris Brown
5 seconds (of Summer) is an Australian pop rock band
6 seconds is the duration of a round of combat in 5e
7 seconds is a great song by Youssou N’Dour
1 minute is the duration of a round of combat or a time unit within AD&D
1 minute, furthermore is usually the moment of silence asked out of respect for tragedies or the anniversary of tragedies whereby people partake in contemplation, prayer and reflection; and now
1 minute is the unique and dangerously long dramatic pauses held by nobles within JMISBEST's D&D

According to google dramatic IRL pauses lasts between 3-7 seconds.

Last edited:

JMISBEST

Explorer
1-2 seconds is considered a hesitation
1-2 seconds is also a moment (i.e. give me a second to do this / give me a moment)
3 seconds is a countdown.
4 seconds is a song by Chris Brown
5 seconds (of Summer) is an Australian pop rock band
6 seconds is the duration of a round of combat in 5e
7 seconds is a great song by Youssou N’Dour
1 minute is the duration of a round of combat or a time unit within AD&D
1 minute, furthermore is usually the moment of silence asked out of respect for tragedies or the anniversary of tragedies whereby people partake in contemplation, prayer and reflection; and now
1 minute is the unique and dangerously long dramatic pauses held by nobles within JMISBEST's D&D

According to google dramatic IRL pauses lasts between 3-7 seconds.
5 things

The 1st is that Google only(?) says how long dramatic pause's last in real life not how long they last in Dnd

The 2nd follows on from the 1st and is that I find it plausible that in DnD a normal dramatic pause made by a normal person would last roughly 17-20 seconds

The 3rd is that she's isn't nobility nor is she normal(?) Royalty, she's A Future Queen

The 4th is that being not just royalty but also being A Future Queen means that its very plausible, unlikely yes but its also very plausible, that her idea of the length of a dramatic pause is both unique and dangerously wrong

The 5th is that this isn't my DnD, rather its that my idea of a plausible reason as to why The Earl had her tossed out is because her idea of the length of a dramatic pause is both unique and dangerously wrong and resulted in her not being quick enough in revealing that she's A Future Queen

The 5th is that this isn't my DnD, rather its that my idea of a plausible reason as to why The Earl had her tossed out is because her idea of the length of a dramatic pause is both unique and dangerously wrong and resulted in her not being quick enough in revealing that she's A Future Queen
Did his son not know to tell his father of this Future Queen or of her being nobility?

JMISBEST

Explorer
Did his son not know to tell his father of this Future Queen or of her being nobility?
I didn't think of that but I would guess that the most likely reason is that she forgot to tell The Earls son that she's A Future Queen, that she forgot that she'd forgot to tell The Earls son that she's A Future Queen and as a result of forgetting that she'd forgot to tell The Earls son that she's A Future Queen she assumed she had told The Earls son and that he'd told his father

1 thing I want to clarify is that she's both royalty and A Future Queen but she is technically both nobility and royalty and that's because her fathers the 1 that's of royal birth and she inherited The Title of Senior Baroness from her mother who was A only child

Last edited:

Immeril

Explorer
1 thing I want to clarify is that she's both royalty and A Future Queen but she is technically both nobility and royalty and that's because her fathers the 1 that's of royal birth and she inherited The Title of Senior Baroness from her mother who was A only child
So The Future Queen lied to The Earl?

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases