A Season of Bones

[sblock=ooc]I'm loving the IC chatter. Please keep it up![/sblock]

Nikolieva's eyes glance furtively at Daran.

"You would do right to be wary. I've probed Thrast's mind. He intends to extract vengeance upon us all tonight. I was going to tell Ajax, but..."

Her dirty face takes on a kinder demeanor.

"...but perhaps we may deal with him ourselves. What shall we do then, brigand?"

Walking Dad

First Post
Jalaan

"What about the slaves? I know he did *somethin'* to them" shots back the dwarf. "Ye sure know more with yer mind stuff or somethin'"

"Yes, what about them? They were weak and pathetic in body and mind. I did something to their minds, too. And if they were innocent? Who cares. My people have a blood dept to pay. Innocent souls are a good wager." Jalaan responds.

[sblock=OOC]
Jalaan isn't evil, just pragmatic and a bit egoistic.

[sblock=Mini stat block]
Jalaan
Perception: 18 Insight: 13 Low-light Vision
AC 20 Fortitude 17 Reflex 19 Will 20
Initiative: +3
Hit Points: 51 / 51 Bloodied: 25
Temporary Hit Points: 0
Resist: Fire 8
Saving Throw: -
Action Points: 1 Second Wind: 1
Healing Surge:12 Surges per day: 8 / 8
At-Will Powers: Thought Projection, Dishearten, Mind Thrust, Psychic Anomaly
Encounter Powers: Infernal Wrath, Psychic Surge, Distract, Send Thoughts, 4/4 Power Points, Intellect Fortress, Shared Recovery
Daily Powers: Mental Trauma, Force Spheres 4/4

Condition:

[/sblock][/sblock]

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
[sblock=OOC]I'll be on travel all next week in SLC for a conference; been preping for that so thus the slow down. I'll try to post 1/d, but no promises; games I'm running may suffer for that week. Thanks![/sblock]

stonegod

"...but perhaps we may deal with him ourselves. What shall we do then, brigand?"
Daran smiles, keeping his voice low, seeming like he's talking trivialities. A trap, of course. Do you suspect he would go after you or me first? I say, we let him think one of us is alone, but instead, he is facing the both of us. I can prime the others as well.

Nikolieva nods to Daran.

"Very well, Cross-Blade. I shall retire to my bedchamber. But do not entangle your allies in this. Let you and I enjoy this skirmish together. When Thrast reaches my room, I will call out to you from within your mind. When that moment comes, draw your blade and spill Thrast's blood."

During the meal, Krik cautiously approaches Ja'Cart.

"My...sir, are you feeling prepared for tomorrow's festivities?"

His voice echoes with tremulous fear.

"You appear...rather ill."

Vertexx69

First Post
A pleasurable hum rumbles around in the abomination's throat type area, as the question hangs in the air. His head pivots around to lock the youngling in his unblinking gaze. The eerie blue glow from Ja'Cart's multi-faceted eyes casts a sickly pall across Krik's face. "The changes are... amazing, and ongoing. What is this, even for?" One of his new tentacles rises up and turns over, revealing a viscous and sparkling black slime on the gripping surface.

"I think it'll come off when I hit someone with the... appendage, but who knows. Maybe it will burn the flesh from those in my path off of their very bones."
The maniacal excitement in his voice is almost palpable, and the sharply accented voice of the beast echoes around the victor's hall as he seems to have lost either the ability or the inclination to speak softly.

The pulsating lights beneath his shell swirl and burst brighter then fade in alien patterns that elicit nightmarish memories in all that look at them for more than a few moments. The far realm seems to be straining to break out of the foulborn Thri Kreen like a door bulging under the strain heavy shoulder leaning on it from the other side.

He resumes eating with gusto, much to disgusted shudder of those near by. The augmented jaws of the monk snap loudly together with each bite, a testament to both the psychic and physical strength behind every action he takes.

OOC: I pulsated the blues in his speech to accent the lights that are constantly emerging from within him.

stonegod

Daran nods then gets up, lets out a big yawn, then retires. In his sleeping area, he makes it appear he is resting there best he can before hiding in a corner and waiting.

OOC: Insight to get a feel for her story, Bluff to make the distraction.

Once Daran has retired, Nikolieva stands up and bids everyone goodnight. Those of you still in the Victors' Hall notice for the first time that the psion carries with her a slightly unnatural sense of beauty and grace about her. It appears almost as if she is letting off a disguise for the first time.

"Good night. Tomorrow, we fight the beast." Her words resound throughout the room, punctuated only by the loud snapping of Ja'Cart's mandibles.

---

Once Nikolieva has gone to bed, Krik leans in to Ja'Cart in order to continue their conversation, shifting into his native Kreen speech.

**That's all well and*good* but you've got******to remember that the fleshlings***are afraid of you**and don't know what*to think**but I know what to think*yes I do**I think you're going to win this tournament**and I want to know*******what you're going to do when you meet the*king

(A * denotes a clicking noise that emphasizes the words around it)

---

Ajax looks about, then finally exits the Victors' Hall. It has gotten quite late.

Walking Dad

First Post
Jalaan

Satisfied that he won his argument with the dwarf, Jalaan stands up to get some rest, too.

[sblock=OOC]

[sblock=Mini stat block]
Jalaan
Perception: 18 Insight: 13 Low-light Vision
AC 20 Fortitude 17 Reflex 19 Will 20
Initiative: +3
Hit Points: 51 / 51 Bloodied: 25
Temporary Hit Points: 0
Resist: Fire 8
Saving Throw: -
Action Points: 1 Second Wind: 1
Healing Surge:12 Surges per day: 8 / 8
At-Will Powers: Thought Projection, Dishearten, Mind Thrust, Psychic Anomaly
Encounter Powers: Infernal Wrath, Psychic Surge, Distract, Send Thoughts, 4/4 Power Points, Intellect Fortress, Shared Recovery
Daily Powers: Mental Trauma, Force Spheres 4/4

Condition:

[/sblock][/sblock]

Vertexx69

First Post
[sblock=In Thri Kreen]Much of my training is in fighting many at once. If they stray too close to the next enemy, it could prove... fatal. Many of them don't even understand the trap they are caught in, but I will save them from it.[/sblock]

As Ja'Cart scans the empty banquet table for more food but finds none, he rises to call it a night. The guards give the abomination a wide bearth, even their weapon are held out of reach of the idly flailing and grasping tenacles that cause the thri kreen to appear to be moving in several directions at once.

Remove ads