A Season of Bones

JALAAN

The audience cheers as you scan the crowd for the red-haired man. Before you see him, you hear his presence in your mind.

"That was well done. I thought he had you that time. I'm excited to watch you fight The Beast."

The voice fades, but you catch a glimpse of a red-haired man, his back to you, as he exits the coliseum.

MUZDUM

[sblock=ooc]You were fighting Falstaff, not Yorick. Your opponent is still quite alive.[/sblock]

Falstaff's heavy blade gleams in the sun as he chops his axe deep into Muzdum's arm. Thick, dwarven blood gushes from the wound. The templar doesn't even bother trying to escape the grab. Instead, he scoffs aloud.

"It's not over yet, dwarf. I'm not - dead - yet!"

[sblock=Battle Info]
Muzdum 23 HP
Falstaff: 12 HP
AC 22 Fort 17 Ref 16 Will 20[/sblock]

Voda Vosa

First Post
"Too bad fer ye boy, I warned." states the dwarf. He puts his weight backwards, making the templar take a step forward, and then started running backwards, dragging Falsafar with him. Near the wall of the arena, he slams the man against the wall, then to the ground, and once he's down, the dwarf rises his axe, and chops his head off.

Slamming rush, sliding the templar towards the end of the arena and kills him. 27 vs AC for 20 dmg

With the final blow, the crowd erupts in applause.

Krik stands up, along with Ja'Cart, in the stands.

"The battle is over! Applaud, my friends! Applaud!"

The crowd goes wild as you stand among the bloody sands of the pit. In this moment, you feel what it is to be a champion - to be loved by the people for your burning, violent achievements.

When evening comes, the four of you are reunited, along with the mysterious Nikolieva, who sits in the corner, nursing a massive bottle of foul-smelling alcohol. Ajax brings in a sumptuous feast. For the first time since the tournament began, your weapons are not confiscated.

Merit Thrast arrives late. His face is tear-soaked, and he seems to make a point of avoiding Daran's eyes. He has just come from the burial of his oldest friend.

Ajax approaches the group before the end of the feast.

"Be ready for a short day tomorrow. You'll all go to battle as a team against one big beast. The idea is to...thin the ranks for the finals. Good luck."

[sblock=Level up!]Level up to 6. WEEEE![/sblock]

[sblock=Tournament Info]Remaining Warriors:

Ja'Cart
Daran
Jalaan
Muzdum

Nikolieva
Merit Thrast

After tomorrow's event, the final round of eliminations will begin.[/sblock]

Last edited:

Walking Dad

First Post
Jalaan

OOC: Updated quick sheet for after level up and extended rest.

Any indication if the big monster fight is the day's only fight?

[sblock=OOC]

[sblock=Mini stat block]
Jalaan
Perception: 18 Insight: 13 Low-light Vision
AC 20 Fortitude 17 Reflex 19 Will 20
Initiative: +3
Hit Points: 51 / 51 Bloodied: 25
Temporary Hit Points: 0
Resist: Fire 8
Saving Throw: -
Action Points: 1 Second Wind: 1
Healing Surge:12 Surges per day: 8 / 8
At-Will Powers: Thought Projection, Dishearten, Mind Thrust, Psychic Anomaly
Encounter Powers: Infernal Wrath, Psychic Surge, Distract, Send Thoughts, 4/4 Power Points, Intellect Fortress, Shared Recovery
Daily Powers: Mental Trauma, Force Spheres 4/4

Condition:

[/sblock][/sblock]

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
[sblock=Daran]Updated to 6. Took Body Adjustment. Lots of THP now.[/sblock]Daran is all smiles at dinner, eating heartily. However, he keeps his eyes on the others when they are not looking, a shrewd gleam in his eyes. After a while, he grabs one of the gourds of drink and saddles up to Nikolieva, his look both friendly and open.

My dear Nikolieva, I see they have given you the rot gut. Here, this is at least palatable. They should treat you better than this dear. He words are as honeyed as the drink is not. But then his tone lowers, a whisper between friends. I'd keep my eye out, if I were you. After all, you note are weapons our now with us. Who is to say anyone with a grudge or a vendetta won't strike out? He looks without looking at the sour Thrast. Of course, two sets of eyes are better than one. We can help each other. After all, its harder to sneak up on two sharing quarters than one... His smile is mysterious, suggesting whatever she wants to read into it.[sblock=OOC]Some Bluff & Diplomacy to get her on my side, esp. w.r.t. Thrast. Don't trust that bugger not to try something tonight.[/sblock]

Voda Vosa

First Post
Muzdum relaxes and drinks as he uses to. Having weapons at hand was something nice. He was still planning on Killing the King. He just needed to gather some support.
"Hey, dat King Andondins... adondis...What was his name? He's a jerk." he says to the bug creature and the mentalist. "Wont mind putting an axe between he eyes." he blinks, pretending to be drunk. Just in case.

Muzdum updated

Vertexx69

First Post
With a rush of breeze, Ja'Cart seems to just appear at the banquet table once the food has been laid out. With a full two days passed since his strange transformation, a midnight blue undertone is now visible on his grasping tentacles that writhe about him with a mind of their own.

Walking Dad

First Post
Jalaan
"Hey, dat King Andondins... adondis...What was his name? He's a jerk." he says to the bug creature and the mentalist. "Wont mind putting an axe between he eyes." he blinks, pretending to be drunk. Just in case.

"Dangerous words. I would never want to draw the ire of a dragon king. True enemies are nearer and easier to combat. Besides, he had never wronged me directly." Jalaan responds.

[sblock=OOC]

[sblock=Mini stat block]
Jalaan
Perception: 18 Insight: 13 Low-light Vision
AC 20 Fortitude 17 Reflex 19 Will 20
Initiative: +3
Hit Points: 51 / 51 Bloodied: 25
Temporary Hit Points: 0
Resist: Fire 8
Saving Throw: -
Action Points: 1 Second Wind: 1
Healing Surge:12 Surges per day: 8 / 8
At-Will Powers: Thought Projection, Dishearten, Mind Thrust, Psychic Anomaly
Encounter Powers: Infernal Wrath, Psychic Surge, Distract, Send Thoughts, 4/4 Power Points, Intellect Fortress, Shared Recovery
Daily Powers: Mental Trauma, Force Spheres 4/4

Condition:

[/sblock][/sblock]

Voda Vosa

First Post
"What about the slaves? I know he did *somethin'* to them" shots back the dwarf. "Ye sure know more with yer mind stuff or somethin'"

Remove ads