A Season of Bones

As the others slowly retreat to their quarters, Merit Thrast stands and walks slowly down the corridor to the entrance to Nikolieva's room. He stands in front of the door for a moment, then draws his short sword from its scabbard. He draws it back, then shoves it into the door with a crunch.

Within Daran's mind, he hears Nikolieva's voice.

"It's time. Come quickly."

Thrast pulls his blade roughly from the wood with a grunt, then slams it through the heavy door once again. His hand grips the sword so tightly that his palm drips with blood.

"Help," he murmurs. "I cannot..."

He draws the sword again, and doesn't even turn to face Daran when the half-elf rushes from around the corner.

The rest of you are roughly awoken by the noise, and the guards seem to have retired.

Walking Dad

First Post
Jalaan

Jalaan grasps his crystal orb, if possible and is on his way. He has no need for more equipment.

[sblock=OOC]

[sblock=Mini stat block]
Jalaan
Perception: 18 Insight: 13 Low-light Vision
AC 20 Fortitude 17 Reflex 19 Will 20
Initiative: +3
Hit Points: 51 / 51 Bloodied: 25
Temporary Hit Points: 0
Resist: Fire 8
Saving Throw: -
Action Points: 1 Second Wind: 1
Healing Surge:12 Surges per day: 8 / 8
At-Will Powers: Thought Projection, Dishearten, Mind Thrust, Psychic Anomaly
Encounter Powers: Infernal Wrath, Psychic Surge, Distract, Send Thoughts, 4/4 Power Points, Intellect Fortress, Shared Recovery
Daily Powers: Mental Trauma, Force Spheres 4/4

Condition:

[/sblock][/sblock]

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
Daran heard the words, and something smelled about this, like the dead in the sun after too long. He would not strike first, however. Let anyone know that he was attacked before attacking.

Come, Thrask. The door is defenseless. Come for someone bigger! The words were forceful. But would they be enough?[sblock=OOC]Battlemind's Demand on Thrask. Stay adjacent in case he tries something funny. Ready to use Demoralizing Strike if he attacks me.[/sblock]

Thrast draws his blade again from the door. His movements are mechanical - appearing to be the product of somnambulism of some kind. The sword hangs heavily in his bloody hand. The former champion's eyes fill with the tears of a man at the precipice of death.

He raises the sword over his head, but as he swings down, it appears Thrast makes an adjustment so that the blade whizzes past Daran's head and smashes against the stone floor. With only the splintered handle of his sword left, Thrast grunts in pain.

[sblock=ooc]No need for initiative order. This isn't really much of a combat. He crit missed and broke his sword, so he's pretty much worthless.[/sblock]

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
Daran rolls his eyes and with one hand grabs Thrask by the scruff and slams him against the wall. So, you want to explain yourself, fool? Even I can see somethings up. Daran spares a glance for Nikolieva's room to see if she will emerge.

Nikolieva seems to be watching the action intently from the corner of her room. She sits ramrod straight, her eyes glowing a brilliant purple.

"Kill him, Daran! I cannot hold him at bay much longer!"

Thrast struggles weakly against Daran's grip, but he does not seem able to speak.

Walking Dad

First Post
Jalaan

Jalaan reaches the two struggling men. "Excuse me, I hope I don't interrupt you with something private, but I want to sleep."

[sblock=OOC]

[sblock=Mini stat block]
Jalaan
Perception: 18 Insight: 13 Low-light Vision
AC 20 Fortitude 17 Reflex 19 Will 20
Initiative: +3
Hit Points: 51 / 51 Bloodied: 25
Temporary Hit Points: 0
Resist: Fire 8
Saving Throw: -
Action Points: 1 Second Wind: 1
Healing Surge:12 Surges per day: 8 / 8
At-Will Powers: Thought Projection, Dishearten, Mind Thrust, Psychic Anomaly
Encounter Powers: Infernal Wrath, Psychic Surge, Distract, Send Thoughts, 4/4 Power Points, Intellect Fortress, Shared Recovery
Daily Powers: Mental Trauma, Force Spheres 4/4

Condition:

[/sblock][/sblock]

Remove ads