A world in Darkness IC- Calling Wilphe and Nac Mac Feegle

Zerth

First Post
OOC: You can sleep in light armor without getting fatigued, so Sychella and Gor have no problem sleeping armored. I forgot, that Gor had light armor, which means he will also always sleep with armor donned, when traveling in dangerous territory. And yes, Racid's Endurance feat allows him to sleep in medium armor also.

Quirhid

First Post
Racid stops to listen the sound. He starts to unpack his shield and loosen the straps of the hammer and one of the throwing axes. What do you say, Sychella. Is it near? he asks when he sees the half-drow listening carefully.

It might be those beasts that they were talking about in the town. Racid suggests. Don't bother to get ready for a fight... They're all mine! Har, Har...

PugioilAudacio said:
OOC: Wouldn't sleeping in armor bring on fatigue or something? Or do you have the feat for that (Racid)? Falgor has only his plain homespun robes:)

OOC:With endurance feat, Racid can sleep in light or medium armor without being fatigued. I took this feat only for this reason. ;)

Ghostknight

First Post
ooc: When asking for skill checks, please include the overall skill modifier in the ooc text, it just makes things easier for me. Additionally, when I post results of checks, unless it would be obvious what the result is, I will not post the roll so you do not know if a check is succesful/unsuccesful until subsequent events unfold.

Sychella:
Your weather sensing leads you to believe that the night will remian clear, but relatively dark as it is only a new moon. As you listen, you cannot identify what the howl is or how far off the creature is.

Gor:
From the way the howl reverberates, you believe the creature to be a long way off.

Zerth

First Post
The minotaur listens for awhile and then walks to Sychella looking at bit more relaxed. "Gor think it safe to continue moving. Howling sound like it coming far away."

Ghostknight

First Post
The group continues over the stream. As Racid enters the stream, the water rises up, and feels something under his feet. Sychella is confronted by a srange creature jumping out of the bush in front of her. Six feet tall, it has a face that looks like it is a permanent mask of fear, long arms end in sharp claws and have sharpened extensions added to them. Its body is grey and unclothed, a vsmall puch is strapped to its waist.

It stands there, seemingly waiting for your reaction.

Falgor on the other side of the stream sees the creature but can also hear some movement from the bushes nearby.

Quirhid

First Post
"What in the name of -," Racid starts. He puts his free hand (the other holds his shield) in the water to see what it is. "There's something underwater over here!" he yels for the others.

Zerth

First Post
"Graaa! Is this a trap?" Gor roars in confusion and moves closer to Sychella to protect her. The minotaur won't attack, however, until he is sure, they are being attacked.

Wilphe

Adventurer
Sychella puts her left hand out as a gesture to prevent Gor charging foward just yet and looks at the creature in front of her. <Obviously intelligent if it's wearing a pouch, and it hasn't done anything hostile yet>
She breaks in broken common, "We not enemy. What you want with us?"

OOC: It seems that we are just crossing the stream, I hoped we could ford upstream for a bit and break our trail - but if it is too deap and fast then we can't do that.

Ghostknight

First Post
The creature looks at the group. looks quizzically up into the air as it hears the rustling in the bushes behind Falgor fading, and Howls

ooc Will saves vs Fear DC 14 Sychella 17+3, Gor 15+2, Racid 16 -1, Falgor 16 +5. Everyone is shaken.

As the howl reverberates through you fear clutches at you but you resist, standing your ground and preparing for the worst. The creature is seemingly surprised at the lack of rapid movement away from itself and seems ready to wade into combat.

ooc initiative rolls: Creature 26, Racid 22, Falgor 18, Gor 11, Sychella 5. The creature has acted this round. Please post responses and include AC, to hit and HP in title

ooc
Effects of shaken are as follows

Shaken: A shaken character takes a -2 penalty on attack rolls, saving throws, skill checks, and ability checks.

Shaken is a less severe state of fear than frightened or panicked.

Last edited:

Remove ads