Aaaaaarrrrgh!!!! - Dragonlance CS

Melkor

Explorer
I know Dragonlance was released at Gencon, and quite a few of you lucky *ahem* people got ahold of it. I've been trying for weeks to lock down a release date and noone seems to know.

I've heard August, I've heard September. Does anyone know the exact date ?

Thanks.

Last edited:

7thlvlDM

Explorer
I know you can order the Dragonlance Campaign Setting straight from MargaretWeis.com, and it was suppose to ship in 2-3 days of purchace, although it's been a few weeks now and I still don't have mine :(

Melkor

Explorer
The ones at MargeretWeis.com are on backorder. Apparently, she went through the first run of books she got.

It would be nice if someone could post the 'street date'....Somebody has to be sleeping with somebody who's brother works at the printer where the books are coming off of the press! :)

William Ronald

Explorer
Melkor,

Did you ever get to run that game for your friends yet? How did it go? Also, did the suggestions from the board help?

If you ever get a chance to meet Margaret Weis or Tracy Hickman, please try to do so. I have briefly met both, and found them to be very pleasant people to talk with for a few minutes.

Melkor

Explorer
Thanks for asking William.

Well....Too make a long story short - I decided to run Forgotten Realms when I couldn't get my hands on the Dragonlance Campaign setting book. If you remember, my group hasn't gamed in over a year, so we had this weekend o' gaming planned in August...

I put together the start of a similar campaign as the one I was looking to do in Dragonlance (where the 'bad' guys have almost won and things are looking pretty bleak). My players even got together and made up characters.
I took the various characters and molded the campaign to each one (each player was playing two characters).....I put some work into it, and it's turning out to be one of the best adventures I think I have ever written.
Then Thursday night, one of the players calls me and says his brother in law is getting married in Florida on our weekend o' gaming - so he wont be able to make it. The campaign really gets a jumpstart with the characters he was supposed to use, so I'm going to shelf it until he can play.

So now, I've got 2 players (possible a 3rd new addition) for the gaming weekend, but I've got to come up with something else.....So I'm once again crossing my fingers and praying that I am somehow able to get ahold of the Dragonlance CS at least a few days before we play so I can plan. :) Our game is set for August 22nd - 24th.....And if all goes well, we will be going bi-weekly after that.

I'm really going to try and make it to Gencon next year. I would love to meet Margaret Weis and Tracy Hickman....I read Dragon's of Autumn Twilight when I was in Jr. High way back in 1987.

I'll let you know how the game goes (if things fall into place)!

Remove ads