D&D General aasimar

esteban1997

Explorer
do aasimars get wrinkles as they age and do their hair greys im asking because some say they mature at the same rate some say they dont and they age slower so which one is true?

Last edited:

Charlaquin

Goblin Queen (She/Her/Hers)
What the book says is “Aasimar mature at the same rate as humans, but they can live up to 160 years.”

steeldragons

Steeliest of the dragons
Epic
I kinda always imagine aasimar with platinum blond or silvery white hair anyway...or golden goldest goldy blond. So, as for their aging hair, maybe it loses some "luster" or "shine"...They aren't using the right conditioner as much as they used to. But I wouldn't imagine an aasimar "going grey." Even if they "go bald," which I don't know if they do, it would be in a dignified and visually appealing way, like Sir Patrick Stewart.

Wrinkles...I guess so...at a "slower" or less noticeable rate than a normal human...Like, when the aasimar is 70, I would expect them to have a solid "someone in their 50's" look.

I picture aasimar aging in a distinguished, wisdom evoking, and joyful-life-experience affirming way. Like a Sir Ian McKellen/Dame Judy Dench way. Not in a "folds of flab and decaying flesh falling off their face" disgusting Emperor Palpatine/Mitch McConnell way.

esteban1997

Explorer
I kinda always imagine aasimar with platinum blond or silvery white hair anyway...or golden goldest goldy blond. So, as for their aging hair, maybe it loses some "luster" or "shine"...They aren't using the right conditioner as much as they used to. But I wouldn't imagine an aasimar "going grey." Even if they "go bald," which I don't know if they do, it would be in a dignified and visually appealing way, like Sir Patrick Stewart.

Wrinkles...I guess so...at a "slower" or less noticeable rate than a normal human...Like, when the aasimar is 70, I would expect them to have a solid "someone in their 50's" look.

I picture aasimar aging in a distinguished, wisdom evoking, and joyful-life-experience affirming way. Like a Sir Ian McKellen/Dame Judy Dench way. Not in a "folds of flab and decaying flesh falling off their face" disgusting Emperor Palpatine/Mitch McConnell way.
and what happens to their skin does it loose its lustrous to it?

steeldragons

Steeliest of the dragons
Epic
and what happens to their skin does it loose its lustrous to it?
Do your aasimar's "glow/sparkle/emit light?" If so, perhaps than diminishes...that could be a "flavor/thematic" thing of your world.

For me, personally, t'would seem to me, the closer they come "in line" with their [presumably celestial] "afterlife," a.k.a. the older/closer to death they become, they would get MORE luminous, not less.

Perhaps it works "both ways"...if you have/allow aasimar characters that are Evil-aligned, perhaps their "glow" lessens, more and more, til, in their final years, they possess no luminosity at all... OR it becomes more of a hellfire flame sort of effect vs. a glowing "aura/halo/light"?

Bottom line, for me, is that this is YOUR [and/or your DM's] call. How do aasimar work/age/bodily and esoterically function in YOUR setting/game? This is D&D. There is no, "This is how it MUST be." Aasmar in Faerun need not be the same as Aasimar in Eberron or Golarion or my homebrew or anywhere else.

Remove ads