• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Academy of Drell, Part II

Tokiwong

First Post
Keith listens though his mood seems aloof... and his brow almost arches ever so slightly, but his face never really changes at the mention of Charlotte...

You have something to say then say it... I am sure it will be nothing less then the idle prattle you have blessed us with this evening. Or perhaps you have another bit of tumbling to astound us with? To think that this one has been given talent in the arcane arts... how droll.

"As I suspected you have led an interesting life... your pedigree speaks volumes for your actions."

Keith looks less then amused, but continues to walk at a measured pace...

Buffoon...

Last edited:

Dalamar

Adventurer
Still feeling a little uncomfortable from Kith's sign of trust, Sildarin tries to stay in the back of the group. He listens to what everybody is saying but stays silent himself.

You could've said: Thanks. Or atleast something.
I know, I just... wasn't expecting for it and ... well, you know me.
Unfortunately.
C'mon! You know how much you like me. Besides, you remember how you said you wanted to learn to heal?
Yeah... I'm interested.
I just remembered that you will, at some point, be able to channel my powers through yourself.
Carry on
This means, that I'll be able heal through you, when the time comes.
Whippee!!
I thought you might like that.

Last edited:

GnomeWorks

Adventurer
I swear, I will kill him. For now, I can be calm... but when his guard is down, and all this is figured out...

Charlotte shakes her head. "No, Kith, I will not retell that tale... if you can't remember, then all the better."

She watches as Kith creates the little fire sprites. "Interesting. Nice trick. Keep them away from me, or else." She says, pointedly tapping her rapier.

Just skewer him already. He deserves it.

Not now, like I said before, he might prove useful. But once it all blows over...

Skewer him!

My sentiments exactly...

Tokiwong

First Post
Hmm he takes delight in annoying Charlotte.... why?

Keith feels Charlotte's hand clench tightly around his for a moment, but he pays it little mind as he watches Kith continue his Prestidigitary antics...

"How... charming..." he says with a detached manner, "if the arranged marriage does not work out I am sure you will have quite the career as a court jester..."

That was a little rude... but well needed...

Keith glances to Sildarin, "And I too would like to thank you for your noble efforts to help Yodwin... quite a sacrifice for one so timid..."

Last edited:

GnomeWorks

Adventurer
How do I want to kill him... through the stomach, perhaps, to be able to see the surprise on his face...

Charlotte continues on, ignoring Kith.

At Keith's comment to Sildarin, she looks at Keith. "I think I missed something here... what did Sildarin do?"

Tokiwong

First Post
Keith shrugs... "Something about taking Yodwin's wounds into himself..."

Somehwat brave for the frightful Sildarin...

Keith glances to Charlotte... "That is about the gist or at least as far as I know..."

And now the guards come...

Keith gestures to Rallyn and the guard... "Perhaps we have been saved..." he says coyly, "the guard has decided to show..."

GnomeWorks

Adventurer
A job well done. I'm surprised he had the guts to do anything other than stand about and wet himself... he can't talk to anyone without fumbling and screwing up...

Oh well... is it nice to talk about him like that? Perhaps, perhaps not. Truth, though. And the truth hurts - although, moreso at times than others...

Charlotte looks to Sildarin. "Well done, Sildarin. I may not know how you did it, but at least you saved the old guy."

Charlotte glances at Rallyn and Serbanas. "It certainly took them long enough..." She mutters under her breath, barely audibly.

Tokiwong

First Post
At least they are here...

Keith waves for them to come hither... as he glances to Charlotte, "Well at least we can get this business wrapped up... and possibly find out more of the attackers... I am somewhat intrigued at what they wanted..."

More then that... but for now that shall suffice...

Keith slides his hand from her grip and crosses his hands across his chest, "Besides I wouldn't mind wrapping this up up quickly to pursue more pleasant past times..."

Last edited:

GnomeWorks

Adventurer
This whole thing is somewhat... wierd. Why would anyone want a book so badly as to attack students to get at it?

"Well, as we heard - that voice was after a book. As to why he had brought his shadow friends along, I certainly don't know." Charlotte says, a thoughtful look on her face.

Charlotte makes no comment as Keith mentions 'more pleasant past-times', although she has a slight smile upon her face.

I wonder what he is thinking...

Tokiwong

First Post
*Pleasant Thoughts Inserted Here*... Now that would be nice... but for now... focus on the task at hand... there will plenty of time for that later...

Keith's calm look never changes as he takes a moment to regard Charlotte's faint smile...

I wonder what she is thinking... one can only speculate.

Remove ads