• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Academy of Drell, Part II

Jeremy

Explorer
Rallyn returns with the guards, and-more importantly-Serbanas and crosses the courtyard, as the new arrival goes chasing away from two other figures--Is that Maerath?--he continues towards Keith, Charlotte, and Kith...

Kith is a nice guy, I wonder why those two have such frosty looks on thei--- Keith turns an impatient stare on Rallyn as Charlotte echos with an irritated sigh.

Sheez, what'd I do? Of all the people to imitate, Charlotte picked the arrogant introvert.

Be nice.

Rallyn grunts and continues walking, paying more attention to what was apparently Arana and the passerby who have vanished into the shadows.

Tokiwong

First Post
All of this is beginning to almost bore me...hopefully something fruitful happens soon...

"So did you learn anything of import Rallyn?" Keith says offhandedly.

novyet

First Post
"Were you able to find anything useful out Rallyn?" Ellie motions over to Rallyn. Ellie is also doing her best to try and ignore the antics of the others and concentrate on the task at hand.

"Sildarin, you seem awfully quiet, is something bothering you?"

evileeyore

Mrrrph
Kith’s hand claps across his face and his head shakes as Keith and Charlotte discuss their “plans” for later.

will those two learn to focus on the task at hand…

He looks up as he hears the others accost Rallyn.

"So did you learn anything of import Rallyn?" Keith says offhandedly

"Were you able to find anything useful out Rallyn?" Ellie motions over to Rallyn.

“More importantly, did you find a Healer for yourself and Yodwin?” Kith asks. "And how are you doing?"

Ellie turns to address Sildarin separately…

“Well, I suppose recovering our weaponry can wait. Besides I don’t think there are anymore Shadow-Minions to worry about. Glad to see you found Serbanas. Serbanas, I hope he didn’t have to roust you from a pleasant evening repast?”

Kith pauses to judge Serbanas’ mood.

Sense Motive 15 (taking 10+5 bonus)

“Why don’t we head in and talk to Yodwin?”

Last edited:

poilbrun

Explorer
"You see, I'd prefer to go back at the library rather than staying here only the three of us. we don't know what's happening there, may be Yodwin's awaken, and I'd like to be there when he explains what happens. Furthermore, for all we know, that creature my not be alone. Even if I have no doubt that we could take care of one of these creatures, I don't know if we'd be up to a fight with several of them..."

...and I'd really like to have a look at that book. It's rather strange that Yodwin would give me a book only hours before the attack. And since that armored guy didn't find the book in the library, it may mean that Yodwin had given the book to keep somewhere where it would be safe.

Zhure

First Post
Rallyn returns with Serbanas and unknowingly walks close the the hidden Arana and Victor who are pursuing another of those inky amorphous creatures. He reports that he was unable to find a healer out this late at night.

Ellie addresses Serbanas, asking about his evening and wonders at his mood. He seems unflappable.

"Rallyn has told me of the altercation with strange creatures," Serbanas says with little emotion, "have you determined their origin?"

Kith'sSense Motive indicates Serbanas seems completely at ease. You know he rarely expresses emotion, though it is rumored he has occasionally flown into fits of rage.

Maerath silently ponders the nature of the gift of the book shortly before the attack... then openly suggest the group re-enter the library for safety's sake as well as perhaps a chance to talk at greater length with Yodwin.

The group re-enters the library. The lighting is still muted, but nowhere near as drastically as when the mysterious man in armor was here. The corners are dark but not as foreboding as they were before. No odd shapes flap about in the darkness.

Yodwin's study door is open and he is seated on his simple bed. He appears to be meditating, sitting cross-legged, eyes closed.

Jeremy

Explorer
Rallyn Loddry

Rallyn answers Kith, Ellie, Charlotte, and Keith.

"Coles is unavailable for comment, and the only information to be gained is from what we have seen and from what Yodwin can tell us. Unless Maerath was right about the importance of that book he's got stashed in his room."

Rallyn continues walking past the group and tries to give a reassuring look to Ellie and a nod of sympathy for what Kith must be going through.

"Thanks Kith, that passerby who did the singing--? He took care of my injury. I wasn't as hurt as I look, those two creatures spent most of their time incapacitated, I was merely feigning to keep their interest on me."

The little gnome gives a wry wink with his wrinkled face and continues leading Serbanas to question Yodwin.

Dalamar

Adventurer
Sildarin flushes, once again, as Ellie questions him
"No.. I'm fine... I just... don't... like at... tention..."

He pauses for a moment before continuing.
"My psicrystal... he's... well... you couldn't... have... a moment... of peace if... he could talk..."

He tries to smile but fails miserably.

Tokiwong

First Post
Keith turned on his heels and followed Rallyn with a dispassioned look... "No time like the present."

At last perhaps Serbanas can get to the root of this mystery... perhaps we can learn something of merit.

Keith walks a measured pace...

Now if only we could silence Kith's antics all would be right in the world...

evileeyore

Mrrrph
“Well, It’s good you weren’t seriously injured. To bad about that Healer though, I was hoping someone with some advanced skills would take a look at Yodwin.”

“Keith hold on a moment”, Kith stops them a bit away from Yodwins room.

“Serbanas, I didn’t get a good look at those Shadow creatures, but I didn’t recognize them, and Rallyn has already briefed you. So you know that score, but what you probably don’t know…”

Kith fidgets for a moment, and half turns to address the other students as well, his voice dropping to be heard only by them, “Umm, well, now I don’t want Yodwin getting into any unnecessary trouble over this. See Yodwin’s been lying to us. I might think it’s just be he doesn’t want the kids here to get into danger, except he not only lied to me, but insisted Coles wasn’t to be disturbed concerning the matter. I think something shady is going on. Yodwin is either in trouble somehow, or being subtly influenced.”

Remove ads