• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Ads that you like

Del

First Post
I get a chuckle about IBM's new Arthurian marketing campaign. "A giant sloth has attacked ... leading to great unrest among the customer base ."

I really REALLY appreciate that if they must throw ads in our face ... they don't talk to us like we're 10 years old.

Any ads you like?

orchid blossom

Explorer
Not new by any stretch of the imagination, but I'm fond of the Staples commercial that plays at back to school time using the song "It's the Most Wonderful Time of the Year."

jonesy

A Wicked Kendragon
Hesburger has this great ad where a vampire is on a hotel elevator. The elevator stops and he begins to walk out, then looks to his left, looks to his right, and finally looks towards the camera with a horrified expression on his face. The text "valkosipulikerros" (=garlic floor) appears. Then it is combined with the word "hampurilainen" (=hamburger), which changes the meaning approximately into "large garlic hamburger". Then a price tag appears. :p

mojo1701

First Post
orchid blossom said:
Not new by any stretch of the imagination, but I'm fond of the Staples commercial that plays at back to school time using the song "It's the Most Wonderful Time of the Year."

Staples again: The one with the little girl reluctantly shopping, then looks to the camera, and says, "I thought you said that school's out forever." And then her father is Alice Cooper, who says, "No, I sang 'School's out for the summer.' Nice try, though."

Kahuna Burger

First Post
There's this CHase credit card comercial with a story of a life through credit cards to that "I'm 16 just for a moment" song... love that. The hubby likes the version where he graduates from ND at the begining. ;)

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
I love the entire Capitol One Barbarian campaign...

but my favorite of all time came a few years ago:

Bud Light Commercial

Surfer Dude wearing colorful surfer jams, flip-flops (& nothing else) walks up to a beach bar that has a sign:"No Shirt, No Shoes, No Service." He stops dead cold at the door, thinking, then you see that he has an idea.

Shift to bar's interior- dreadlocked bartender says "Welcome, can I get you...something?" as he realizes that the guy has entered the bar with the surfer jams pulled over his head (having torn a hole in the crotch).

"A Bud Light!"

"Forget something?" he says to the Surfer Dude, glancing down meaningfully.

"My wallet!" he shouts, doing as many would do- slapping both hands on his butt cheeks looking for his wallet.

INTERLUDE: Closeup on Bud Light while announcer speaks about the product.

"Here's your change...ooops!" says the Bartender, as the change rolls off the bar.

"Got it!" the Dude says, bending over to pick up his money.

And the little old lady behind him snaps a picture.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

demiurge1138

Inventor of Super-Toast
The Capital One barbarian campaign, Bud Light's Real Men of Genius and Geico ads are all great. But the winner is...

The Burger King. Associating tasty fast food and soul-crushing Lovecraftian horror was a stroke of genius! I want to eat there even more, so that the Burger King doesn't come into my room at night and eat my face!

Demiurge out.

TracerBullet42

First Post
I love the Nextel commercial in which the three guys are dancing about in the office to Salt-N-Pepa's "Push It."

I want to work in that office!

ssampier

First Post
I like a lot of the classic or "old ads" such as Tootsie Pops, "How Many Licks Does it Take to get to the center of a Tootsie Pop?" I also have a love-hate relationship with the Vonage TV ads (usually a sound track of music with random "stupid things" playing on screen). I dislike most Geico commercials, but I do have a certain like for the Salmon 'n Bear combo.

I liked some older credit card commercials (Citi Bank?). A person was approaching a salesperson. The salesperson responded like many automated answering systems, "Press 1 if you'd like to buy Ruby Red Lipstick."

And I find the Burger King King character fairly creepy. Is he a stalker?

Last edited:

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads