[Adventure!] Daunton's Dead Rises Again DM: Dimsdale.

dimsdale

First Post
GM: : Here is the MAP of the current situation. A couple of you have sent me a PM. Let's say the actions that everyone takes happens simultaneously. As the witch moves forward along the edge of the the wall before looking at the bones the paladin and the rune priest have the chance to state what they want to say to the witch before she continues her action. It is then up to the witch to decide what she wants to do :)

Last edited:

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
Sora Daar would advance one square up from current position (next to the wall, behind bone pile), but she stops after Labraundos warning.

"Aye, there is a trap here. The walls are set to collapse or open, look at that crack at the top of the wall. I could trigger the trap with my maul, while we stand here in the hall."

dimsdale

First Post
Ooc: just checking weather Sora is in the hallway or outside with the others before the rune priest's maul strikes the floor. If that is the plan anyway...

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
Sora Daar would advance one square up from current position (next to the wall, behind bone pile), but she stops after Labraundos warning.

OOC: [MENTION=79956]dimsdale[/MENTION] , Sora stopped after hearing the warning. It is up to you if she made the first step before the warning. I just hope for the best :)

dimsdale

First Post
As the witch moves back into the hallway the giant slams his maul onto the floor. A pressure plate is triggered. In an instant the floor splits in two. Fifteen feet of the floor to the right and left of the center rotate 90 degrees (the right floor CCW and the left floor CW) slamming into the side of the wall, perfectly fitting along the groove 15 feet above the ground on either side of the hallway. Had Sora been on the floor at the time she would have instantly been killed.

As the floor is now gone you peer into where the floor once was. At least 10 feet below below what once was the floor is swirling black mist. You can't see through the mist. There is a 6 inch wide beam which connects the hallway where you are located to the door on the other side of the hallway (50 feet). The beam itself is centered exactly in the middle where both sides floor lifted away towards their respective walls. Upon further inspection of the beam it looks to be sturdy.

GM:
Skill challenge complete: You survived the trap of death.
XP added after next encounter.

[sblock=walk across the beam?]
Need to make a skill check every 25 of beam [acrobatics first roll 10, second roll 15] to make it across the beam to the door on the other side. Failure means you fall
[/sblock]

map has been updated

Last edited:

Neil1889

First Post
"Hmmm. I'm not good at this sort of balancing act. Sora Daar, can you tell us anything about the mist? Is it magical?" says Labraundos.

Remove ads