[Adventure] Dungeons and Them (DM:johnmeier1, judge:????)

Iron Sky

Procedurally Generated
Dante examines his foes, searching them carefully as he does so. "These ones do not seem to be like the Draglin, some different race or breed."

Virgil, meanwhile, sniffs around for boots. The enemy being mostly dust, he doesn't have much luck and so takes a table leg to munch on instead.

[sblock=Rolls]Arcana 1d20+4=12, Nature 1d20+12=22, Perception 1d20+14=23.[/sblock]

OOC: Dante will take one of Max's Inspiring Words for 1d6+15=21 hp, putting Dante at 56/57. Dante will trigger one of Virgil's surges, healing him to full.

[sblock=Statblocks]Dante, Male Human Ranger 8
Passive Perception:22(24), Passive Insight:17
AC:23, Fort:23, Reflex:22, Will:20 -- Speed:6
HP:56/57, Bloodied:28, Surge Value:15, Surges left:4/6
Initiative +7, Action Points:0
Powers: Twin Strike, Throw and Stab, Off-Hand Strike, Disruptive Strike, Ruffling Sting, Heroic Effort, Invigorating Stride, Second Wind, Boots of the Fencing Master, Jaws of the Wolf, Snarling Wolf Stance, Healing Lore, Amulet of Resolution, Vanous' Combined Awareness

MBA: +15 vs. AC, 2d4+11 damage (Crit 2d6+19)

[sblock=Notes]*Dante makes an OA on any enemy that makes a melee attack on Virgil as long as the enemy is within reach 2 of Dante or Virgil is adjacent to Dante.
*Dante deals +1 damage when he has CA.
*Dante deals +2 damage to bloodied enemies.
*Dante gains +1 AC/Ref whenever he shifts.
*Dante can draw his spiked chain as part of an attack made with it.
*The first enemy to hit Dante takes 5 ongoing damage(save ends).
*Dante does +1 damage on his first attack of an encounter.[/sblock]

Virgil, Beast Companion(Lizard) 8
Passive Perception:14, Passive Insight:14
AC:23, Fort:20, Reflex:20, Will:18 -- Speed:6
HP:78/78, Bloodied:39, Surge Value:18(23), Surges left:1/2
MBA: +12(+14 if OA) vs. AC, 1d8+4 damage.

Note: Virgil's OA uses Dante's Immediate Reaction.[/sblock]

dimsdale

First Post
Dante examines his foes, searching them carefully as he does so. "These ones do not seem to be like the Draglin, some different race or breed."

Virgil, meanwhile, sniffs around for boots. The enemy being mostly dust, he doesn't have much luck and so takes a table leg to munch on instead.

[sblock=Rolls]Arcana 1d20+4=12, Nature 1d20+12=22, Perception 1d20+14=23.[/sblock]

OOC: Dante will take one of Max's Inspiring Words for 1d6+15=21 hp, putting Dante at 56/57. Dante will trigger one of Virgil's surges, healing him to full.

[sblock=Statblocks]Dante, Male Human Ranger 8
Passive Perception:22(24), Passive Insight:17
AC:23, Fort:23, Reflex:22, Will:20 -- Speed:6
HP:56/57, Bloodied:28, Surge Value:15, Surges left:4/6
Initiative +7, Action Points:0
Powers: Twin Strike, Throw and Stab, Off-Hand Strike, Disruptive Strike, Ruffling Sting, Heroic Effort, Invigorating Stride, Second Wind, Boots of the Fencing Master, Jaws of the Wolf, Snarling Wolf Stance, Healing Lore, Amulet of Resolution, Vanous' Combined Awareness

MBA: +15 vs. AC, 2d4+11 damage (Crit 2d6+19)

[sblock=Notes]*Dante makes an OA on any enemy that makes a melee attack on Virgil as long as the enemy is within reach 2 of Dante or Virgil is adjacent to Dante.
*Dante deals +1 damage when he has CA.
*Dante deals +2 damage to bloodied enemies.
*Dante gains +1 AC/Ref whenever he shifts.
*Dante can draw his spiked chain as part of an attack made with it.
*The first enemy to hit Dante takes 5 ongoing damage(save ends).
*Dante does +1 damage on his first attack of an encounter.[/sblock]

Virgil, Beast Companion(Lizard) 8
Passive Perception:14, Passive Insight:14
AC:23, Fort:20, Reflex:20, Will:18 -- Speed:6
HP:78/78, Bloodied:39, Surge Value:18(23), Surges left:1/2
MBA: +12(+14 if OA) vs. AC, 1d8+4 damage.

Note: Virgil's OA uses Dante's Immediate Reaction.[/sblock]

OOC: inspiring word is HS + 2d6 for 8th level warlord :)

johnmeier1

Explorer
The only door out appears to be locked.

[sblock=Perception 25] There is a poison needle trap on the door. Thievery 24 to bypass, 28 to disarm and dismantle. It will attack the person opening the lock either with key or pick[/sblock]

Iron Sky

Procedurally Generated
As Dante finishes searching the bodies, he glances at the door, noticing nothing in particulare.

[sblock=Perception]1d20+14=24[/sblock]

OOC: inspiring word is HS + 2d6 for 8th level warlord :)

OOC: Dante is topped then. Thanks!

Anything interesting on the bodies?

Last edited:

pacdidj

First Post
"Let's see that door dearie," Auntie Mab says, following Jonathon's indications. "Ah, yes. I see what you're talking about. Just a poison needle trap. Nothing to worry about really. Though I could use an extra set of hands or two when I, um, magic it off."

OOC: Mab's got +18 Thievery vs. locks, and +19 vs. traps, so she could probably do this safely, but it'd be even better with a couple of aid rolls. She gets +4 bonuses from each successful Thievery aid another from the Grasping Magpies feat if anyone else has a decent Thievery bonus.

[MENTION=73730]johnmeier1[/MENTION] - can Mab tell if the needle trap makes only melee attacks, or if it can actually shoot needles, and if so in what direction? Thievery take 10 to examine yields a 29.

jkason

First Post
OOC: The first combat encounter is over, though the adventure is not yet at an end. I am holding back Rewards for now, though a short rest is obviously in order. Please post your use of Healing Surges (though for each two uses of Inspiring Word, Max will need a short rest to use again. You can then continue with your investigation In Character

OOC: As far as I'm aware, Devinihm isn't dead yet, but he either needs to keep rolling death saves unless someone throws healing his way?? Pretty please?

Also, johnmeier, when I signed Devinihm in, you'd said you were willing to make an early XP award so he could get the last 9 xp he needed for 5th level? Is that no longer the case?

johnmeier1

Explorer
OOC: Yes, someone (Max, dimsdale) please throw healing Devinihm's way.
jkason, I totally forgot and assumed that I did it already and you were 5th level. So I will do that earlier reward now (later encounters are set and no other time is available to level up) I think that the RP just moved much faster than I thought.

renau1g, can I give them the 300 quest XP (50 each) now and you approve it? It is okay with the DM (me) if jkason uses that now to level up (extended rest was on ride to the keep)

pacdidj - the needle only makes melee attacks adjacent to the door.

pacdidj

First Post
(After Devinihm is healed)

"Oh," Auntie Mab says, upon inspecting the lock further. "How quaint. It only pokes you with a needle, it doesn't even shoot them. Looks like I won't need that set of hand after all dearies. This is a job for Tristram. He's so small, he should be able to avoid the needle with ease. Wake up love," she prods, scooping the rat out of her cloak pocket and setting him on the floor.

"Tristram, Auntie needs you to work your magic on that lock over there. Here, take this pick-, er that is, magic wand," she amends, handing the rodent a bent bobby pin, "and see if you can get rid of that nasty poison needle for Auntie and her friends."

*Meep!,* says Tristram, scurrying off to do as instructed.

"Stand back dearies, wouldn't want anyone to get stuck while Tristram's working," she cautions, making sure no one but the rat is standing next to the door.

Thievery, w/ bonuses from Prison of Salzacas and Demon Hunter's boon, to disarm or bypass poison needle trap. (1d20+18+2+1=36)

Mab gives a satisfied smile when she hears a small click, informing her that the trap is no longer functional. "Oh, there's a good boy," she says, picking up the rat and ruffling his fur, while Tristram patiently puts up with his mistress' doting affections.

"Alright dearies. It's safe now. We should be able to use that key to unlock it. Who wants to go first? Sir Draglin maybe?"

Remove ads