[Adventure] Dungeons and Them (DM:johnmeier1, judge:????)

pacdidj

First Post
"Oh merciful Merkari! Devinihm, you're alive! I should have known you'd have a few tricks up your sleeve. We're a wily and resourceful lot, those who've been touched by the fey realms of Arcadia. Glad to have you back dearie," she says giving the wilden a grandmotherly pat on the back.

Following the others she rounds the corner into the next room, and draws a sharp intake of breath. "Oh, my!," she breathes, "My psychic intuitions are all a-tingle dearies. So many imprints of so many souls in pain. It's hard to make sense of them. Let me meditate a moment and see if I can weave the arcane strands together to find out more."

"Bippity, boppity...," she intones, "bippity, boppity, boo... Bippity, boppity..."

Arcana (1d20+9=16)

"Hmm, yes well... this must be the place the greebles brought their victims for the tongue-tyings, and tongue-lashings," Mab declares somewhat lamely, "that's what the, um, psychic echoes are saying. But it's obviously not where they keep their treasures and figgy pudding. Maybe we should press on dearies. I don't like the look of this place."

Last edited:

dimsdale

First Post
Max moves his way through the group to get in front to get a better look. The sight of the torture equipment brings back a flash memory of his father, wondering if those responsible for his death put him through such torture as shown in this room before they killed him. In a small fit of rage he equips his sword, holding the hilt tightly, taking a closer look at the gadgets and equipment in the room.

OOC: Grasping here: History check: 1d20+12 = 18 Max's skills are based on social interactions.

Anger continues to swell with in Max, to a breaking point. In a final fit of rage he whips his shield into the mirrors with the intent to break it.

OOC: Let me know if this is too much for one turn.

Last edited:

Luinnar

First Post
That is more like it! What should I break next? Draglin says in response to the mirror breaking. Draglin had an attention span the size of a dragonfly, and was never really good at anything useful unless it involved running, jump, lifting or hurting.

johnmeier1

Explorer
As Max breaks the mirror the shards scatter across the room. A wail of tortured souls arises, horrible to hear and suprisingly...

OOC: I need everyone to roll Initiative. dimsdale please move Max adjacent to the "m" mirror square. Everyone else stay where you are and only say one short thing (if you want to do anything I will allow 1 move action BEFORE Max broke the mirror.

All torture devices are labeled, but it doesn't really matter what the are, since all are rotten wood and rusted metal they could be smashed/tipped over/jumped upon with various Athletics DCs

[sblock=pacdidj] Mab found an enchantment on the mirror, too late but you are not surprised[/sblock]

dimsdale

First Post
Max shield returns to him. He looks left and right, and begins to prepare for his next move.

OOC: initiative roll: 1d20+5=8 and map is updated.

OOC: Max has a power called Battlefront shift: It allows anyone to move an additional amount of squares equal to 1/2 the ally's movement rate. One person can use it. If you want it before the encounter starts. Let me know and Max will grant it to you via RP. Forgot to use it last encounter. Only one character can use this power per encounter.

Iron Sky

Procedurally Generated
Dante moves slightly into the room, watching for foes.

OOC: Moved forward a bit. I used Max's Battlefront shift last fight. Don't need it this round.

[sblock=Initiative 27]1d20+7=27[/sblock]

Remove ads