[Adventure] Dungeons and Them (DM:johnmeier1, judge:????)

pacdidj

First Post
"Oh dear," Mab whispers, clucking her tongue at Max's impetuousness, as she dives for cover, hiding behind one of the rotting torture devices.

[sblock=Actions/Stat block]Start= Initiative (1d20+7=21)

Minor=

Move= Walk to E38, gaining cover behind 't', Stealth (1d20+19=24) to become hidden

Standard=

End=

[sblock=statblock]Auntie Mab - Human Rogue 7
PC:Auntie Mab (pacdidj) - L4W Wiki
Conditions: none
Passive Perception: 21, Passive Insight: 19, Init: +7
AC: 21, Fort: 18, Reflex: 22, Will: 19 Speed: 6
HP: 56/56, Bloodied: 28, Surge Value: 14, Surges left: 8/8
Action Points: 0, Second Wind: not used, Milestones:
:bmelee:Basic Atk: Distance Dagger +9 vs AC, 1d4+1 dmg
:branged:Ranged Basic Atk: Throw Distance Dagger +14 vs AC, 1d4+6 dmg, Range 10/20
Powers-
Gloaming Cut, Sly Flourish, Fast Hands, Chameleon
Heroic Effort, Eyebite, King's Castle, Fleeting Spirit Strike, Snap Shot Blinding Barrage, Bloodbath
Prison of Salzacas, Steadfast Amulet, Cannith Goggles
Combat notes: +1 to all defenses vs. traps, 2d8+1 extra damage against targets Mab has CA against on light blade weapon attacks, scores critical hits against demons on a roll of 19-20

Tristram - Rat Familiar
HP:
1/1; AC: 21, Fort: 17, Ref: 21, Will: 18
Skills:
+18 Thievery (+20 vs. Locks, +21 vs. Traps), +24 Stealth

johnmeier1

Explorer
suddenly... next to Max and Draglin appear mirror reflections of the two warriors. Next to the others in the room appear duplicates of them, rising out of the shadows of the torture devices. In the far corner appear the twins of Devinihm and Jonathan, from the deeper darkness cast by the bright sunrod over the fiendish torture devices. As each person looks into the eyes of their twin, they seem malevolence, but to the others the twins are identical.

OOC: This combat will be pretty much standard, I was going to experiment with custom rules and they all break down. Basically you can tell which are the bad guys or not, but in this first turn before any attacks happen I will leave it a bit confusing by keeping labels the same and not including positions in status. First of all

Surprise round: Auntie Mab goes first, pacdidj followed by bad guys

[sblock=mechanics] Map updated
Rolling initative for bad guys

[/sblock]

[sblock=status]
Devinihm
Jonathan
Auntie Mab
Draglin
Dante
Virgil
Max

Devinihm
Jonathan
Auntie Mab
Draglin
Dante
Virgil
Max
[/sblock]

Last edited:

covaithe

Explorer
[sblock=judge]
OOC: renau1g, can I give them the 300 quest XP (50 each) now and you approve it? It is okay with the DM (me) if jkason uses that now to level up (extended rest was on ride to the keep)

I think renau1g is still buried with work, but this is okay with me.

[/sblock]

pacdidj

First Post
"Dastardly dopplegangers!," Mab breathes, beholding her evil twin. "You'll never catch me you soothsaying charlatan!," she goads, and before the twin can cry out, Mab is gone around a corner.

She pauses just long enough to hurl a knife into the clone of Devinihm that has appeared across the room, which costs her dearly as evil Max slices into her thigh. But the wound is not deep, and Mab once again dives for cover, hiding behind one of the torture devices. She can still see her evil twin though, glaring at her from across the room.

[sblock=Actions/Stat block]Start=

Minor=

Move=

Standard= :ranged:Fleeting Spirit Strike vs. Evil Devinihm (M35), shifting to G35 before attack = hits AC 26 for 21 damage
Effect= provokes OA from Evil Max, which hits (assuming he has the same MBA), for 15 damage

Effect= Mab shifts to I32, and makes a Stealth check to become hidden behind 'i' = Stealth (1d20+19=32), Mab should be hidden from all but evil Virgil and evil Mab, since I think they have line of sight.
End=

[sblock=statblock]Auntie Mab - Human Rogue 7
PC:Auntie Mab (pacdidj) - L4W Wiki
Conditions: none
Passive Perception: 21, Passive Insight: 19, Init: +7
AC: 21, Fort: 18, Reflex: 22, Will: 19 Speed: 6
HP: 39/56, Bloodied: 28, Surge Value: 14, Surges left: 8/8
Action Points: 0, Second Wind: not used, Milestones:
:bmelee:Basic Atk: Distance Dagger +9 vs AC, 1d4+1 dmg
:branged:Ranged Basic Atk: Throw Distance Dagger +14 vs AC, 1d4+6 dmg, Range 10/20
Powers-
Gloaming Cut, Sly Flourish, Fast Hands, Chameleon
Heroic Effort, Eyebite, King's Castle, Fleeting Spirit Strike, Snap Shot Blinding Barrage, Bloodbath
Prison of Salzacas, Steadfast Amulet, Cannith Goggles
Combat notes: +1 to all defenses vs. traps, 2d8+1 extra damage against targets Mab has CA against on light blade weapon attacks, scores critical hits against demons on a roll of 19-20

Tristram - Rat Familiar
HP:
1/1; AC: 21, Fort: 17, Ref: 21, Will: 18
Skills:
+18 Thievery (+20 vs. Locks, +21 vs. Traps), +24 Stealth

[sblock=Immediate Interrupt]If Mab loses cover from any enemy she is hidden from, she will use Chameleon as an immediate interrupt, to make a stealth check vs. their passive perception. On a success, she remains hidden from that enemy, and can remain hidden without any cover or concealment until the end of her next turn.[/sblock]

OOC: I'm away this weekend, so I hope I don't hold up the battle. If I'm holding everyone else back, please NPC mab's turn or assign her to another player. She would likely try to continue with this strike and bolt for cover behind the furniture tactic.

Last edited:

johnmeier1

Explorer
OOC: Okay, all PCs can go except for Devinihm and Max

Max does lash out with his weapon at Mab and yells I got your evil twin, Auntie! as she rushes by. Her knife flies into Devinihm and he becomes a swarm of insects, lessening the blow. Max then calls out to the room Let's get them urging his Auntie Mab, Dante and Virgil forward. The room is even more confused that it started out.

Mab says "The greebles have obviously made a deal with the dark fey!" and quickly moves and disappears from sight of some in the room, not able to reach her twin quickly enough.

Draglin swings two swords at his twin shouting Foul beast, you have not fooled Sir Draglin of Draconia! both blows hit, the second so massive the other Draglin is knocked to the ground.

One Virgil bites at the foot of one Dante, though only they know for sure which. In reaction the other Dante strikes out with his chain against his twin, entangling their chains together in a locked battle.

"I will keep them occupied" Jonathan hefts his weapon and tosses it far across the room. It lands and creates a swarm that assaults Dante and Devinihm, while making movement dangerous. The other Devinihm, in swarm form moves forward dangerously, some of the larger insects ranging further out than before.

[sblock=mechanics]I added MBAs and defenses targeted below as well as triggered actions. I like the "evil" moniker.
Evil Max does do about the same damage and to hit as Max so I will keep that roll if you don't mind. pacdidj, Mab was at 54/56 so she should be at 39/56 now.
Evil Devinihm takes half damage in swarm form.

Evil Max will use "Battlefront Shift"
Evil Mab will use "Chameleon" to become invisible to Virgil and Max, attack rolls they are both Dazed TENT
Evil Draglin will use "Dual Strike" on Draglin HIT for 14 and HIT for 6, knocking him prone.
Evil Virgil will use "Bite" on Dante HIT for 15 damage and Virgil now has 5 ongoing (save ends)
Evil Dante will use "Ruffling Sting" on Dante HIT for 10 damage and Dante is restrained (save ends)
(Iron Sky if you want to use Disruptive Strike on the first one, you can since you had that trigger)
Evil Devinihm will move ahead (NOTE: Aura 3 - end turn inside and take 5 psychic damage and he can slide 2 squares)
Evil Jonathan will use "Swarming Bats" on C32 MISS so 6 damage (thunder/lightning fyi) and slide 1.
Zone (indicated on map) End turn in the zone and take 10 damage (t/l)
[/sblock]

[sblock=status]
Evil Devinihm -10/?? hp AC?? Fort?? Ref?? Will?? MBA +9 vs Will, Aura 3: End turn inside and take damage
Evil Jonathan ??/?? hp AC?? Fort?? Ref?? Will?? MBA +11 vs AC, Used: "Swarming Bats"
Evil Auntie Mab ??/?? hp AC?? Fort?? Ref?? Will?? MBA +12 vs AC, Status: Invisible to Virgil and Max
Evil Draglin ??/?? hp AC?? Fort?? Ref?? Will?? MBA +13 vs AC, Trigger: Adjacent enemy shifts
Evil Dante ??/?? hp AC?? Fort?? Ref?? Will?? MBA +16 vs AC, Trigger: melee attack (interrupt: shift 1)
Evil Virgil ??/?? hp AC?? Fort?? Ref?? Will?? MBA +11 vs AC, Status: 5 ongoing (save ends)
Evil Max ??/?? hp AC?? Fort?? Ref?? Will?? MBA +13 vs AC, Used: "Battlefield Shift"

Devinihm B31 38/51hp AP 1
Jonathan C29 43/45hp AP 1
Auntie Mab I32 39/56hp AP 0 Hidden: stealth 32
Draglin J37 44/64hp AP 0 prone
Dante C32 25(or 40)/57hp AP 0 restrained (save ends)
Virgil E33 78/78 Dazed (TENT Evil Mab)
Max H36 62/62hp AP 0 Dazed (TENT Evil Mab)
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Luinnar

First Post
Another one of those foul dragon creatures! Draglin shouts. It was hard for him to remember he was not a tall human with long blonde hair like the knights of old.

How dare you besmirch the name of Draconia! Take this foul knave! he says, with a flash of steel he delivers a flurry of blows at the fake Draglin.

[sblock=actions]
Move:Stand up

Minor:Bravo on Evil Draglin, Good Draglin gets +2 to hit and +2 damage EONT.

Standard:Rain of Blows on Evil Draglin
Rolls
32 vs AC, 12 damage
36 vs AC, 11 damage
22 vs AC, 15 damage
Evil Draglin is marked EONT.

If he is not dead:
Free: Quick Short Sword
MBA vs Evil Draglin 25 vs AC 20 damage.

End of turn take 5 damage from zone.
[/sblock]

[sblock=Draglin Stat Block]
Draglin, Dragonborn Fighter 7
Passive Perception 15, Passive Insight 13
AC 24, Fort 21, Reflex 20, Will 14
HP 39/64 Bloodied 32 Surge Value 17, Surges 7/10
Speed 6, Initiative +7
Action Points: 0

Basic Attack Short Sword; +15, 1d6+13(+14 w/ CA) creature is marked hit or miss, if used because of an OA from movement the creature stops moving (but may take another action to move again).

Combat Challenge: At Will Immediate Interrupt Melee
Trigger: When a marked enemy shifts or makes an attack that doesn't include Sir Draglin.
Effect: Sir Draglin makes a melee basic attack against that enemy

Footwork Lure
Dual Strike

Combat Challenge

Distracting Spate
Battle Fury Stance
Rain of Blows
Kirre's Roar
Dragon Breath
Feral Hide Armor +2
Amulet of Life +1

Bravo

Tempest Dance
Rain of Steel
Quick Short Sword +2

Current Effects:
[/sblock]

johnmeier1

Explorer
[sblock=quick status update] Not bloodied, Evil Mab can also slide you 2 squares

Evil Draglin Draglin 43/?? hp AC 24 Fort?? Ref?? Will?? MBA +13 vs AC, Trigger: Adjacent enemy shifts (Interrupt: Attack +11 vs Ref, damage and immobilized)

Draglin I36 39/64 AP 0
[/sblock]

jkason

First Post
OOC: Okay, all PCs can go except for Devinihm and Max

OOC: Devinihm has a Free action ability from his Demon-Hunter's boon which is triggered by the thunder/lightning attack. It's not an interrupt, so I don't think it effects this specific attack, but might be relevant before he gets a chance to act, since it seems the NPC's are going to get to act twice (I'm assuming there was a surprise round):

[sblock=details]Demon-Hunter's Boon (Daily Free Action ) Item
Trigger: Devinihm takes Acid, Cold, Fire, Lightning, or Thunder damage
Effect: Gain resist 5 against that damage type until the end of the encounter.[/sblock]

The power gives resist to one type when Devinihm takes damage of that type, but I'm not sure how that works with mixed types? I'm assuming he can only choose lightning or thunder, but I don't know how that interacts with lightning/thunder damage.

Last edited:

johnmeier1

Explorer
[sblock=pacdidj]You can use that now on Devinihm, though you have to choose Lightning or Thunder. It triggers and free actions can be used outside your turn. I believe from that encounter we had with the demons, it also would prevent 5 of the damage from this attack (reducing it to 1)[/sblock]

jkason

First Post
Devinihm, wilden druid

[sblock=pacdidj]You can use that now on Devinihm, though you have to choose Lightning or Thunder. It triggers and free actions can be used outside your turn. I believe from that encounter we had with the demons, it also would prevent 5 of the damage from this attack (reducing it to 1)[/sblock]

As the electrified bats swarm him, Devinihm shudders. The dark scar along his neck and shoulder flares to life, crackling as it seems to soak up electrical energy.

OOC: Thanks much. I'll pick lightning. :)

Remove ads