(Adventure) Feral Smackdown Battle Royale

Kahuna Burger

First Post
WizWrm said:
For Velbrik, it will depend on what, if anything, he finds in his research.

kirin will also need research (and shopping) before she is ready to plunge into feral hunting again... Her player will also need to rant at length about how bloody hard it is to NOT kill people in D&D and how annoying it is that clerics don't have access to any subdual weapons... I mean they aren't pacifists, but geesh, curing the cursed and possessed should at least be an option... :mad: tanglefoot bags it is....

Uriel

Living EN World Judge
Keia said:
Thurgan is uncertain of which way to head. He wanted to open his own smithy in town, though 1,800 gp is probably not enough of a fund to get that started. As such, he will probably keep adventuring until he has the necessary funds. Though he may head back to look for other work if the group doesn't need his skills.

OOC: Has any work been done on players opening shops and the whatnot?

As far as I know, nothing has progressed in this respect.

Uriel

Living EN World Judge
Kahuna Burger said:
kirin will also need research (and shopping) before she is ready to plunge into feral hunting again...

I'm not sure if any of you will be 'Feral Hunting' anytime soon.
Troi is layed up (not that anyone else is required to help him along, the Monks can/will do just fine on that) and the Druid is long gone (via Wildshape Eagle form).

Kahna Burger said:
Her player will also need to rant at length about how bloody hard it is to NOT kill people in D&D and how annoying it is that clerics don't have access to any subdual weapons...
I mean they aren't pacifists, but geesh, curing the cursed and possessed should at least be an option... :mad: tanglefoot bags it is....

That is the Curse of 'SRD/Official only',K-B.
I house rule that clubs and quarterstaves can be used without a penalty for subdual damage. I wasn't about to try to implement that, however, as it would set a precedence that others could point at and use for their own 'cans of worms'.
I do not recall Kirin trying to take any prisoners, however.
The game (Core, anyways) does not have rules for therapy of any sort to cure the cursed/mad/whatever. There are rules out there (CoC D20 for one), but they don't fall under the LEW Rules Umbrella.

Your rant should be directed at Creamsteak as well, since (1)I was the DM here and (2) I actually have subdual options for Clerics, or anyone else,for that matter in the HRs above.I am hardly unbiased.

Uriel

Living EN World Judge
Ankh-Morpork Guard said:
Telerin definatly wants to go after the Druid...oh, and Uriel, what should be done about IDing the scimitar?

1: You'll have to figure out some way of finding him, as he flew off in bird form. North, Bron Bekkle said...

2: Trip to The City, 100GP,1 day, Voila!

Kahuna Burger

First Post
Uriel said:
I do not recall Kirin trying to take any prisoners, however.

yes, because with a +1 BAB, little time for player input and open disrespect for everything she did or said, she was in such a position to do so... ;) I gave up trying to effect the tone or direction of the game after a while. Slaughterfest it was destined to be, slaughterfest it was... She made comments to the effect that she would like to expirement with redeeming the turned and I did try to find wounded afterwards, but I suppose she should have leaped into the fray and grappled in order for her sentiments to be taken seriously... :eek:

Mechanicly and the way the RP was going, there was no way to do so. If she embarked against the same foes again, it would be with the hope of curing them if possible and killing them as a last resort... which is one of the reasons why I doubt her participation in any further feral adventures would work out. :(

Uriel

Living EN World Judge
Kahuna Burger said:
...which is one of the reasons why I doubt her participation in any further feral adventures would work out. :(

Gotcha.
Sorry that you felt ignored/Kirin felt disrespected by the other characters etc...
As far as the little time for player input, I feel that there was plenty of time, as I was hardly sitting around and posting for 8 hours straight in locomotive fashion.
You should peek in on a game that I just joned in the PbP threads,the Drow House Millithor game.
I wake up and there are 20 new posts...talk about having to play catch-up.

I wish that you had had more fun, but not everyone can enjoy every game equally.

Right, that's a NO for Kirin.

Last edited:

dpdx

Explorer
Okay, I've been trying to live and let live ever since my contribution to Kahuna Burger's unhappiness, for which I've apologized, but I've had enough.

Try this on: Could it possibly be that Kirin's lectures, bitching, attempts to anoint herself leader, attempts to lecture and bully the other characters, and overall 'if I don't get my way, I'm taking my healing potions and going home' second-grade attitude of victimhood, actually LED to the 'general disrespect for everything [she] did'?

Last edited:

Sparky

Howdy all, been enjoying everyone's antic-- er, heroics and am glad to see everyone. If it wouldn't cramp the party's style to have a 1st level tag-a-long, I'd be interested in filling out the ranks if there seems to be a gap.

Uriel, I have a few ideas for characters that could tidily slipstream in, if you're game. If you are game, or even not, please PM me.

I've enjoyed it folks. Congrats and see you around LEW.

Aranel

First Post
Uriel: Loved the game, sad I wasn't around for the last bit ...now i have to find some random things to beat up I guess...

As for Aranel...eh...so far the city elf has done nothing but run around the wilderness after freaks of nature ^^; But I dunno, she'll follow the gold, if theres no profit following the druid she's back to the city, however if he's changed into a golden goose she just might follow the chase.

Anyone need a trapfinder?

Remove ads