(Adventure) Feral Smackdown Battle Royale

GnomeWorks said:
Troi isn't taking the scimitar. :)
...but Telerin won't mind spending 100gp to find out what it is.

I have to say, Uriel, these games have been great. It'll be sad to see you take a break, but I understand. I think your pacing's been great...though it does seem fast compared to the other LEW, you shouldn't be ridiculed for that. You've done great. :)

Uriel

Living EN World Judge
I had actually meant Telerin, my mistake.

You know, I made a comment in the middle of the night about stopping DM duties in LEW and nimisgod posted a Nooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ok, so I retracted it and told him to retract his post and we would just forget it.
Well, he didn't get around to doing that, so now there are folks commenting on that very quote...

Nimisgod: Dammit, you furbrained hobbit! :D
Everyone else: Thanks for the compliments on the game as well as the other input.

I think that I will just run 1 game here, as I have 5 in the PbP threads.

So, you (as players) merely need to figure out who wants to move elsewhere (I think that there are other games forming up) and who wishes to pursue the Druid/whatever other course you choose in a game run by me.

I would like to keep it at 6, 7 max...

Several of you have mentioned goals for your characters that take you in other directions, let's have a discussion on what folks would like to do next.

-Uriel

Last edited:

GnomeWorks

Adventurer
Well, unless someone convinces him otherwise, or something happens that would cause him to go, Troi isn't currently planning on going along after the druid.

dpdx

Explorer
Rurik will not go after the druid, so as to take a plausible break to return home and buy the aforementioned gear. After a reasonable amount of game time, he'll return to the Red Dragon and await the next adventure.

That being said, and despite my teasing earlier about the battle scene, I have to say I very much appreciate how well this game was run, Uriel, ESPECIALLY the pacing. As you could probably suspect, gaming with me in two other PbPs, this is how fast I think it ought to run. Bravo, and although I certainly understand the reasoning for backing off, you have nothing to apologize for in that regard.

on edit: Just to contribute a little more to the discussion on equitable comp, the masterwork weapons do not value at more than even our jewel pouches from earlier. 500 > 330, re: the waraxe, and buying out 10 other shares, that comes to 300 from Thurgan, making 30 for each of the rest of us. The only weap worth considerably more than that is the scimitar. And there are other MW weapons that have gone unclaimed.

Rurik (after further review, I'll admit - I was ready to post my objection) is not going to harp on 30 gold after he just got 1600, and would generally be agreeable to leave the other weapons at the monastery so the monks can defend themselves with more than just kung fu.

On the other hand, Rurik thinks a dwarven waraxe belongs with a dwarf, obviously, and Rurik has yet to see any of his people among the monks. So Thurgan can skip paying Rurik a share of the community weapon, for what it's worth.

As for Telerin and the scimitar, if Telerin's going after the druid, that counts for something, but Rurik wouldn't turn down a little consideration down the road, either.

YMMV.

Last edited:

Guilt Puppy

First Post
Sturm'll be taking a bit of a break as well, mostly because I want a bit of a break from LEW... Maybe a week or two just hanging around the Red Dragon. He'll give Ish some well-wishes on his continued quest, and challenge Rurik to some farewell fisticuffs, then head on out and enjoy what cash he has left over after buying his new toys.

Good game everyone :)

Keia

I aim to misbehave
Thurgan is uncertain of which way to head. He wanted to open his own smithy in town, though 1,800 gp is probably not enough of a fund to get that started. As such, he will probably keep adventuring until he has the necessary funds. Though he may head back to look for other work if the group doesn't need his skills.

OOC: Has any work been done on players opening shops and the whatnot?

Remove ads