• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Adventure: Get Me to the Church on Time (DM: BenBrown, Judge: Renau1g)

Tenchuu

First Post
"An wha 'appen to ya tongue?" Spider asked, slowly saying his words, and sticking his own tongue out at the end to point at it. Apparently, the half-orc didn't understand that Tyris could hear perfectly fine.

"It don matta. Iffin ya 'ate dem terribba 'oblins, den ya come wit I an I, to kill dey 'oblins. But, iffin ya no fighta, den stay 'ere, and I an I will seeya back ta civilization. Ismene, lead da whey. I an I issa eaga ta meet dis Ruthak. As fo dey plan, I agree ya issa good bait."

OOC: Let's see the map and finalize the trap.

VanderLegion

First Post
"An wha 'appen to ya tongue?" Spider asked, slowly saying his words, and sticking his own tongue out at the end to point at it. Apparently, the half-orc didn't understand that Tyris could hear perfectly fine.

"It don matta. Iffin ya 'ate dem terribba 'oblins, den ya come wit I an I, to kill dey 'oblins. But, iffin ya no fighta, den stay 'ere, and I an I will seeya back ta civilization. Ismene, lead da whey. I an I issa eaga ta meet dis Ruthak. As fo dey plan, I agree ya issa good bait."

OOC: Let's see the map and finalize the trap.

Tyris moves up to stand beside Spider and draws his garrote out from beneath his cloak, indicating his willingness to kill goblins, as well as his preferred method.

OOC: Move to F9

Mewness

First Post
"I cannot understand the rest of what he meant to say," says Goldenhorn. "Perhaps he arrived using the same wild magic that caused Eraden to vanish. It seems to have taken away his voice, poor fellow!"

horticulture

Slightly entitled.
"'bout time ta be done o' this talkin'. Findin' meself a might bored wit' all this jibber-jabber," the dwarf huffs and, readying his axe and shield, moves to follow the bandit and her party.

He nudges Tyris hard in the ribs as he passes. "Hopin' yer no afraid o' gettin' a bit o' gobbo on yerself, what."

BenBrown

First Post
"Right," says Ismene. "Time to get rid of some pests. Edgar, take the kids back to the Grove. We'll catch up with you afterwards. The rest of you, let's get going, and, um, be careful. That spot that swallowed up your friend is still. . ." as if on cue, the wild magic portal buzzes again, and several large objects are spat out of it, bouncing off the ravine wall.

Ismene looks at them warily, as do her followers.

"Take them if you want," she says to Mallaby, "I don't think I want to touch them."

"Oh, I'm sure they're fine," Mallaby says, "While I would not wish to lose any of my brave companions when our goal is so close, I believe that the gods are smiling upon our journey. We may have lost a companion, but we have gained one in return."

He walks up to Tyris.

"My friend," he says, "My name is Lord Adelin Mallaby, and if you wish to travel with us, I would be glad to have you. From what I have seen so far, I doubt you will be a raconteur, but there is a time for silence, too. With such valiant behavior as you have displayed, you will be a welcome addition to our merry band. We are, as I said, close to our goal, for I am on my way to be married.
"Let us then proceed, as for the time being we are accompanied by some lovely traveling companions," his arm sweeps around, encompassing Ismene, Thais, and Carlotta, "who are sure to make the journey more enjoyable, despite the threat of goblins."

Ismene shakes her head and smiles. "All right, lord mushy, let's push on."

Thais steps forward and produces a large waterskin from under her robes. "Please refresh yourselves. This is water from a spring we know of. It's quite refreshing, and you all look a little battered from your fight."

The wild magic spot buzzes once more and vanishes--at least it looks like it does. The pile it spat out contains a coat of mail and a very large sword, as well as a belt with a small bag of gold and two stoppered vials attached to it. A little further away lies an equally large axe, which was probably spat up by the portal, although it's difficult to tell.

"These are magical, I believe," says Thais. "It only stands to reason. I think they are safe to touch, though."

[sblock=rewards]From the portal:
Fey Strike Greataxe +1
Rebuking Chain Armor +1
Vanguard Fullblade +1
2 Healing Potions

(Dwarven Plate Armor +1 distributed earlier)

It's Levelin' Time!

Encounter #1 (Joompin' Spider!): 308 XP per character
Encounter #2 (Hobgoblin Slavers): 246 XP per character
Encounter #3 (Charmin' Your Way Across the Bridge): 140 XP per character
Encounter #4 (Bears & Bees): 266 XP per character

Totals, including time XP and gold (3 months) and accumulated gold from prior encounters:
For Goldenhorn, Graval, Spider & Zardi: 1461 xp, 503 gp
For Tyris: 266 xp, 30 gp

The water from Thais's refreshing spring gives everyone the equivalent of an extended rest. Everybody starts with full HP, all their healing surges and one Action Point. Also, on the journey, Tyris has time to prepare his poisons.[/sblock]

Last edited:

Mewness

First Post
Goldenhorn takes a draught from the proffered waterskin and carefully picks up the shining mail shirt. "It seems safe enough. I only hope that some warrior has not found himself suddenly without protection in battle."

[sblock=Goldenhorn]Ingvar Goldenhorn Male Minotaur Cleric|Runepriest 2
Initiative: +1, Passive Perception: 17, Passive Insight: 15, Senses: Normal
AC:19, Fort:15, Reflex:12, Will:17
HP:32/32, Bloodied:16, Surge Value:8, Surges left:10/10
Action Points: 1
Righteous Brand
Word of Binding

Goring Charge
Divine Glow
Healing Word
Rune of Mending
Second Wind

Moment of Glory
Shield of Sacrifice

Conditions:

Rune of Destruction: Allies gain a +1 bonus to attack rolls against enemies that are adjacent to me.
Rune of Protection: While adjacent to me, allies gain resist 2 to all damage.

Defiant Word: Whenever an enemy misses Goldenhorn with an attack, he gains a +4 (non-cumulative) bonus to damage rolls against that enemy until the end of his next turn.

Full sheet: Goldenhorn[/sblock]

VanderLegion

First Post
Nodding to Lord Mallaby, Tyris moves off to gather his gear that was scattered by his journey through the portal. He keeps his poison making supplies close at hand for the journey.

OOC: I'll craft a vial of Id Moss poison during the journey.

Tenchuu

First Post
"An I an I issa takin dat great big 'oblin cutta, if ya don 'ave no objections," Spider said, moving to take the fullblade.

horticulture

Slightly entitled.
"Might fine stash o' goodies, don' fer doubtin'," Graval states, looking over the sudden pile of magical items. "Now, let's get movin'! Got some gobbos ta kill!"

[sblock=OOC]Changes for level 2:
[/sblock][sblock=Stats]Graval Metalrent - Male Dwarf Fighter 2
Init: +3, Passive Percept: 18, Passive Insight: 13
AC: 22, F: 17, R: 15, W: 13, Spd: 5
HP: 37/37, Blood: 18, Surge: 9, Surges left: 12/12
Second Wind: avail, AP: 1/1, Milestones: 0
Str: 18, Con: 16, Dex: 14, Int: 8, Wis: 14, Cha: 11

Basic Attacks:
:bmelee: Basic Melee Attack: +8 vs AC - Battleaxe; 1d10+4
:ranged: Ranged Basic Attack: +8 vs AC - Throwing Hammer; 1d6+4

Powers:
Combat Challenge, Brash Strike, Footwork Lure
Hack and Hew, Dwarven Resilience, Glowering Threat
Driving Attack, Dwarven Armor

Misc:
  • If an enemy marked by Graval shifts or makes an attack that doesn't include him, he uses Combat Challenge (+8 vs. AC; 1d10+4) as an Immediate Interrupt against them; on hit, he pushes them 1 square after dealing damage.
  • Graval makes OAs with a +2 to hit. If hit, the enemy stops moving. They can use another move action to continue.

Conditions:
Nil[/sblock]

Remove ads