Adventure: Hey! That's Not Wayne's Basement! (DM: H.M.Gimlord, Judge: Ozymandias79)

Phoenix8008

First Post
[sblock=tactics]
HMG said:
The cost is that you have to have one move action end in G23 and charge, bullrush, doublemove, etc... to the new destination.
Unless you use up an AP, you can't finish one move action, then do a double move which requires two more move actions.
Another option is the Run move action. Gives you +2 squares of movement at the cost of having -5 to attack rolls and granting CA till start of next turn and if you leave a square adjacent to an enemy, that enemy can make an OA against you. I don't think the last part really affects us as we wouldn't be running away from an enemy that is already adjacent to us.

So running is Talon's only way that I see to get to G23 in one action with the chance to do another action once I see what is ahead.

Another quick question: Is this still considered the same encounter I assume? We haven't had 5 minutes of rest I'd estimate, but I wanted to make sure. Not trying to say it should be a new one, I actually want it to be the same encounter so that my bonuses from my Longtooth Shifting are still in effect.[/sblock]"Me and Dayna go to left once we get in rrroom unless we can attack." Talon tells the others before running down the steps and scrambling into the smoky darkness around the smoldering pile of junk.
[sblock=Actions/Stat block]Start= Regeneration 2 while bloody, +2 damage for rest of encounter

Move= Talon Run to square G23(Dayna G24 if possible) and see what I see. Plan to move to the left wall after that and attack if possible target. Preferred positions are Talon F24, Dayna F25. If we are able to reach G23/G24, we could shift to F24/F25 unless there is an enemy to attack. Use a charge if there is an enemy at least 2 squares away, otherwise it would have to be a bull rush if they are closer since I have to do something that moves me out of G23 spot.

Minor=

Standard=

End= -5 to attack rolls and grants CA till start of next turn (Run), Regeneration 2 while bloody and +2 damage for rest of encounter

[sblock=Talon Stat block]Talon- Male Longtooth Shifter Beastmaster Ranger 1
Conditions: Regeneration 2 while bloody, +2 damage for rest of encounter, -5 to attack rolls and grants CA till start of next turn
Passive Perception: +13, Passive Insight: +18, Initiative: +3
AC: 16, Fort: 14, Reflex: 14, Will: 13 -- Speed: 6
HP: 21/26, Bloodied: 13, Surge Value: 6, Surges left: 6/8
Action Points: 0, Second Wind: not used
:bmelee: Basic Attack: +5 vs AC - Longspear 1d10+3
:bmelee: Basic Attack: +3 vs Reflex - Savage Rend 1d8+3 and slide target 1 square
:ranged: Ranged Basic Attack: +5 vs AC - Longbow 1d10+3
Powers-
At-Will:
Circling Strike, Predator Strike, Wild Shape
Encounter: Longtooth Shifting, Enclose the Prey, Savage Rend
Daily: Partnered Savaging[/sblock][sblock=Dayna stat block] Dayna - Wolf Companion 1
Conditions: -5 to attack rolls and grants CA till start of next turn (Run)
Passive Perception: +17, Passive Insight: +12
AC: 15, Fort: 13, Reflex: 13, Will: 14 -- Speed: 7
HP: 18/22, Bloodied: 11, Surge Value: 5, Surges left: 1/2
:bmelee: Basic Attack: Bite, +5 vs. AC; 1d8+2 (Dex)
Racial Abilities: Combat Advantage- When a wolf has CA, it gets +2(Wis mod) to damage rolls.[/sblock][/sblock]

BenBrown

First Post
[sblock=tactics]

The smoldering remains of the fire are creating a blinding wall of smoke through which you cannot see. This is a typical SWAT team search warrant entry. You have to pick your destinations (but not necessarily all your actions) ahead of time and play them by ear, because until you get to square G23 you won't be able to see anything.

Since the only way Fenwick can get past G23 is with a double move or with charging (I've already used my AP), I guess that's the move. Fenwick can reach two squares further with a charge.

move: move as far as g23, then charge one or two squares further, depending.

I'm thinking this would probably work more smoothly with a strict initiative order. Not that I'm suggesting that, I just think the entry into an unknown situation would work better when somebody in particular has to declare the first move.[/sblock]

H.M.Gimlord

Explorer
[sblock=P8]Yes. It's the same encounter. BTW. You're not bloodied anymore. Riardon used inspiring word on you.[/sblock]

[sblock=OOC]OK. Here's how we'll do it.

It seems that it's my own darn fault for scaring the living begeezuz out of you. I'm going to assume that you all will be moving through G23. Talon will likely run to G23. So I'll start you off there.

Once there, you have the following options:

1. Continue with the remaining squares of movement in your move action to a chosen location and perform your other actions there (OAs, readied actions, and all)
  2. If your move ends in G23, charge, bullrush, shift, or move to a new location.
  3. Stay in G23 and perform your actions there.

Option 3 is open to only 1 of you. Please choose who (if anyone) will stop and perform actions at G23, and I will reveal the map for your continued moves and actions. I, like you, have grown tired of the indecision I have brought upon you.[/sblock]

Theroc

First Post
[sblock=OOC]
Okay, I'm assuming that means Rujah will get to finish his move after breaking the barricade, but my standard action will be spent breaking it.[/sblock]

Rujah continues slamming his hammer into the barrier, determined to break it.

[sblock=Actions]
Thorn Strike again (Attack/Damage/Str check)
1d20+6=8, 1d10+4=12, 1d20+4=8
Move: to G23, will move remainder based on what he sees.[/sblock]

[Sblock=Statblock]
Rujah Neth Male Dragonborn Warden 1
Initiative: +0, Passive Perception: 10, Passive Insight: 10, Senses: Normal
AC:18, Fort:15, Reflex:12, Will:13
HP:30/34, Bloodied:17, Surge Value:11, Surges left:12/12
Action Points: 1
Powers:
Warden's Fury
Warden's Grasp
Thornstrike
Weight of Earth

Thunder Ram Assault(Used)
Dragon Breath(Used)

Form of Winter's Herald

Conditions:
Full bio in signature[/sblock]

Last edited:

Theroc

First Post
[sblock=Theroc]About the standard action. Unfortunately, yes. That's how it's going to end up. Sorry.[/sblock]
[sblock=OOC]
No problem. If I can get adjacent to the baddies on my move, if nothing else I can mark them all, giving me new options and protecting my allies.[/sblock]

H.M.Gimlord

Explorer
Rujah clears the rubble away with a groan and charges through the smoke.

Jin sees elbows and maceheads protruding into the hallway from beyond the smoke, "The entry's flanked on either side."
[sblock=OOC]More apologies groans, but WE WILL MOVE AHEAD. I'm going to leave the previous post to your imagination. You’re all piled up at G22 now.

Squares remaining in first move action:
Riardon: 2
Talon: 0 (2 if you run here)
Dayna: 2
Jin: 3
Rujah: 4 (sorry, got this wrong the first time)

I'll post enemy readied actions after you pick your destinations and actions.

First one to post goes first.[/sblock]
[sblock=status]
Rujah (9): J17 30/34 HS 12/12 AP 1
Jin (9): I16 27/27 HS 6/6 AP 1
Riardon (6): K17 25/34 HS 8/8 AP 1
Fenwick (13): K18 19/31 HS 10/11 AP 0
Talon (11): G17 21/26 Bloodied HS 6/8 AP 1
Dayna (10): H18 18/22 HS 1/2 AP Uses Talon's

Spiretop Drake 2 (15): Unknown 20/29
Human Bandit 1 (15): H23 18/37 Bloodied
Human Bandit 2 (15): F23 37/37
Human Noble (15): Unknown 60/60[/sblock]
[sblock=Map]
OpenCaskRound75Thehideout.jpg
[/sblock]
[sblock=Enemies]Spiretop Drake (Lvl 1)
Size: Small
Perception: +3
HP: 29; Bloodied: 14
AC: 16; Fort: 11; Ref: 14; Will: 13
Speed: 4; fly: 8 (hover)

:bmelee: Bite (Standard, at-will): +6 vs Armor Class; 1d6+4 damage.

:bmelee: Snatch (Standard, at-will): +4 vs Reflex; 1 damage, and the spiretop drake steals a small object from the target, such as a vial, scroll, or coin.

Flyby Attack (Standard, at-will): The spiretop drake flies up to 8 squares and makes one melee basic attack at any point during that movement. The drake doesn’t provoke opportunity attacks when moving away from the target of the attack.

Human Bandit (Lvl 2)
Size: Medium
Perception: +1
HP: 37; Bloodied: 18
AC: 16; Fort: 12; Ref: 14; Will: 12
Speed: 6

:bmelee: Mace (Standard, at-will) Weapon:+4 vs Armor Class; 1d8+1 damage, and the human bandit shifts 1 square.

:branged: Dagger (Standard, at-will) Weapon: Ranged 5/10; +6 vs Armor Class; 1d4+3 damage.

Dazing Strike (Standard, encounter) Weapon: Requires mace; +4 vs Armor Class; 1d8+1 damage, the target is dazed until the end of the human bandit’s next turn, and the human bandit shifts 1 square.

Combat Advantage: The human bandit deals an extra 1d6 damage on melee and ranged attacks against any target it has combat advantage against.

Human Noble (Lvl 5)
Perception:
+3
HP: 60; Bloodied: 30
AC: 19; Fort: 17, Ref: 17, Will: 18
Speed: 5
:bmelee: Longsword (Standard, at-will) Weapon: +10 vs Armor Class; 1d8+3 damage.

Appoint Champion (Standard, at-will): Close burst 10; targets one ally; the target makes a basic attack as a free action and shifts 1 square before or after the attack.

Inspirational Authority (Standard, encounter): Close burst 10; targets one ally; the target uses an at-will, encounter, or recharge attack power as a free action.

Urge hesitation (Standard, encounter) Charm: Close burst 5; targets enemies; +9 vs Will; the target cannot use a standard action during its next turn.

Protected: A human noble gains a +2 bonus to all defenses while an ally is adjacent to it.[/sblock]

Last edited:

BenBrown

First Post
[sblock=tactics]If Riardon goes first, he could Opening Shove one of these idiots out of the way, which means we wouldn't each take two OAs coming in until we kill them. Since Walking Dad can't post on weekends, that won't exactly move things along, but tactically, it's one of the better moves.[/sblock]

Tenchuu

First Post
[sblock=OOC]Are we all going to take OAs? Seems like the GM fast forward would be putting us in the lurch then. Can we shift as we finish out move action?[/sblock]

H.M.Gimlord

Explorer
[sblock=OOC]Yes. Technically, you have already received OAs (which will be resolved after you post the remainder of your actions) while you 'moved out of' G22 and will thus take a -5 penalty due to the smoke. This is just par for the course of entering a bottle neck. Good news is, if IC keeps up its trend of skewing to the left, as it has of late, you don't have anything to worry about ;).

This first round is going to be mechanically heavy, and I anticipate some mistakes and negotiating on both sides, but I think it will tell a good story:). [/sblock]

Remove ads