Adventure: Hey! That's Not Wayne's Basement! (DM: H.M.Gimlord, Judge: Ozymandias79)

H.M.Gimlord

Explorer
[sblock=Status]Barricade (15): G22 7/40 Smoldering HS 0/0 AP 0 Attitude: Defiant[/sblock][sblock=OOC]I have target locations for Jin (G23), Fenwick (H23), and Riardon (F23).[sblock=Fenwick]You're going to have to end your first move in G23. From there, you will be able, hopefully ;), to see clearly enough to pick a target to charge or a destination to which you can doublemove. I'll give you the choice at that time, but you must choose one of these options since Jin is planning to end his move in G23.

As another option, you could talk to Jin about moving to a different square.[/sblock]Still waiting on Talon, Dayna, and Rujah for destinations.[/sblock]

Phoenix8008

First Post
[sblock=OOC]I'd prefer Talon to move to F25 and Dayna to F24. This would require double moving though. The farthest Talon can make it on a single move would be G22 where the rubble is. Dayna could move one square farther, but somebody is already there, so she couldn't stop there.[/sblock]

Theroc

First Post
[sblock=OOC]
So, Rujah won't be able to enter the room once he takes the barricade down? As he'd only have one move action available. Or does it just take two spaces, like the room above? Not sure where Rujah will move until he can see what's in the room. [/sblock]

H.M.Gimlord

Explorer
[sblock=Theroc]
So, Rujah won't be able to enter the room once he takes the barricade down? As he'd only have one move action available.

Why wouldn't you be able to? Rujah has a 6 speed. There's plenty of room.

Or does it just take two spaces, like the room above? Not sure where Rujah will move until he can see what's in the room.

Once the barricade gives way, it becomes difficult terrain, so 2 spaces for G22 and away you go. you have 4 squares of movement within the room.[/sblock]

[sblock=P8]
I'd prefer Talon to move to F25 and Dayna to F24. This would require double moving though. The farthest Talon can make it on a single move would be G22 where the rubble is. Dayna could move one square farther, but somebody is already there, so she couldn't stop there.
Keep thinking. I think you may have more options than this, but If you do end your move in G22, don't forget that it offers you total concealment and that you can attack vicariously through Dayna during your first round.[/sblock]

[sblock=OOC All]It seems that G23 is prime real estate, so you might want to get your heads together as to who you want to end up there. Feel free to discuss this in spoilers per Tenchuu's precedent and present me with the final descison.[/sblock]

BenBrown

First Post
[sblock=tactics discussion]
It seems that G23 is prime real estate, so you might want to get your heads together as to who you want to end up there. Feel free to discuss this in spoilers per Tenchuu's precedent and present me with the final descison.

Basically, we don't want to be caught in lightning bolt order up the passageway.

Rujah: current pos. g21, speed 6
Riardon: current pos. g20, speed 6
Jin: current pos. g19, speed 6
Fenwick: current pos. g18, speed 6
Talon: current pos. g17, speed 6
Dayna: current pos. h18, speed 7

Fenwick & Dayna can not move any farther than g23. Talon can not move any farther than g22 without double-moving. Everybody else should move beyond g23, so as to get the most people into the room as possible.

[/sblock]

Theroc

First Post

Basically, we don't want to be caught in lightning bolt order up the passageway.

Rujah: current pos. g21, speed 6
Riardon: current pos. g20, speed 6
Jin: current pos. g19, speed 6
Fenwick: current pos. g18, speed 6
Talon: current pos. g17, speed 6
Dayna: current pos. h18, speed 7

Fenwick & Dayna can not move any farther than g23. Talon can not move any farther than g22 without double-moving. Everybody else should move beyond g23, so as to get the most people into the room as possible.

[/sblock]

[sblock=Tactics discussion]
I intended to move into the room, I'm just slightly confused about WHERE to move him, until I know where my enemies are, so I can approach them.[/sblock]

BenBrown

First Post
[sblock=Tactics discussion]
I intended to move into the room, I'm just slightly confused about WHERE to move him, until I know where my enemies are, so I can approach them.[/sblock]

Yeah. I'm not quite sure why we're being asked for our next moves before we can see where we're going. It makes me suspicious.[/sblock]

Theroc

First Post
[sblock=OOC; HM]
Will Rujah be able to see into the room once he breaks the barrier? I mean, obviously he's going to be looking into the room once it falls, so will I be able to choose my move once that happens?[/sblock]

H.M.Gimlord

Explorer
[sblock=OOC,All]Rujah posed a good question. The answer to his question is no. The smoldering remains of the fire are creating a blinding wall of smoke through which you cannot see. This is a typical SWAT team search warrant entry. You have to pick your destinations (but not necessarily all your actions) ahead of time and play them by ear, because until you get to square G23 you won't be able to see anything. [sblock=Suggestion]Using an action that allows you extra movement (Charge, Bullrush, Doublemove, some other power etc...) once you enter G23 could be to your advantage. It will allow you to pick a target based on what you see. The cost is that you have to have one move action end in G23 and charge, bullrush, doublemove, etc... to the new destination. Because your movement doesn't end in G23, it still allows for multiple characters to choose this option.

For example: Fenwick picks his target as G23 and says he will pick an enemy and charge from there. This is great, and it still allows others to do the same.[/sblock][sblock=If you end your first move in G22]Before combat starts (i.e.: you're the first one to get to G22): You could possibly 'perceive' hidden creatures provided your passive Perception is greater than the stealth check. Remember, however, that you will be blinded (-10 to PP) and your enemies might be hiding (beating by less than 10 only reveals presence and not location). This is darn near impossible, but you can try.

If you wait until combat starts: You'll automatically perceive creatures in squares adjacent to G22, but you'll have a -5 to hit due to total concealment. Good news is, so will they, because you have it too ;). Since you have total concealment, you could possibly roll a stealth check and remain hidden, readying an action for a surprise hit during someone else's turn.[/sblock][sblock=if the square you choose is occupied]Here's the sequence of events:

1. Moves are posted
  2. Map is revealed
  3. Illegal moves are resolved
  4. Remaining first-round actions are executed.[/sblock]
I hope this clears things up.[/sblock]

Tenchuu

First Post
[sblock=Tactics, Updated Action]
I can change my move to G24, but if I fall in some pit trap as a result, I'm not going to be happy. Of course, if I move to G23, and there are adjacent hidden enemies, I'd want to end my move and declare a new action, rather than give an opportunity attack.

Alternative Tactic 1: Rujah or whoever runs in, and yells back what he sees, giving us some idea of what to do better.

Alternative Tactic 2: We all coordinate so we end our turns in roughly the same area, so if there is an enemy near by, we're all in good position to attack.

Alternative Tactic 3: I could move to the smoldering pile, use/waste my incredible perception roll seeing the adjacent squares and whatever beyond my smoke penalized roll can see, and then I could communicate that to the rest of the group.
[/sblock]

Remove ads