• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Adventure: Into the Wild

Mal Malenkirk

First Post
OOC: Call Primera above his head

GM: No room. This is the lower deck; I don't know what medieval/renaissance ships you've been on, but the roof typically ain't 10 feet high! ;)

I Put Primera on the same level.

The assassins are unleashed! They slash madly and causes grievous wounds. They will need to go down fast because nobody can take such punishment for long.

Rocco, staring in th eyes of the seductress, feels an overwhelming desire to please her. What would please you mistress? The head of Dante? With pleasure! Dante very nearly dodge a beheading from his ally thanks.

[sblock=Actions]
Assassin, minor
Shapshifter feint vs fef 1:Haruka 2:Nementah 3:Max 4:Virgil 5:Ashir (1d20+10=17)
Hate when I do that...
Haruka miss with 17
feint vs reflex 1:Nementah 2:Max 3:Virgil 4:Ashir (1d20+10=23, 1d20+10=27, 1d20+10=27, 1d20+10=28)

Disruptive strike vs Assassin attacking Virgil (1d20+12=29, 2d4+8=13) hit for 13, feint still 'hit' with -6

Everyone beside Haruka is 'hit' by the feint and the assassin's get CA

Standard attack
vs AC 1:Haruka 2:Nementah 3:Max 4:Virgil 5:Ashir (1d20+12=28, 1d6+6=10)

AGAIN! Haruka hit for (if you check the link you'll see +2 and +2d6 as if there was CA but that's because I expected to roll the other 4 and just would have edited Haruka's...)

Attack vs AC 1:Nementah 2:Max 3:Ashir 4:Virgil (1d20+12=24, 1d6+6+2d6=17, 1d20+12=25, 1d6+6+2d6=20, 1d20+12=23, 1d6+6+2d6=15, 1d20+12=23, 1d6+6+2d6=15)

Hit Nementah with 24 (she had +2 cover from the table) for 17
Hit Max with 25 for 20(!)
Hit Ashir with 23 for 15 (shield?)
Hit Virgil with 23 for 15

OA of Dante vs Assassin
vs Assassin that attacked Virgil (1d20+12=16, 2d4+8=13) missed

I doubt you could do both an Immediate Interrupt and an Opportunity action triggered by the very same action so it was lucky there were two actions that could have triggered so I didn't need to make that ruling! The feint couldn't trigger the OA (no weapon tag) but by the reading any attack roll could trigger disruptive strike which is why it fell that way.

Recharging bad ass assasin power
Recharge =6 1:Cargo 2:Lower 3:Main 4:I2 5:I4 (1d6=3, 1d6=5, 1d6=3, 1d6=4, 1d6=2) no recharge

Succubus:

I think I screwed up. Dominating Rocco who had no actions in the surprise round was a waste. I shoulda used the succubus kiss instead. Anyway I read it, at the end of my turn, Rocco will have had no action and the domination end in a waste. Ugh. In order not to look silly, I'll try to dominate Rocco 'again' even though I really didn't to have him attack anyone yet.

Doiminate Rocco will (1d20+12=26)

Rocco attacks Dante
vs Dante (1d20+12=18, 1d6+12=17)

Vizier
Word of command on ally to slide and grant a basic attack
vs Max (1d20+12=16, 1d6+6+2d6=11) miss
[/sblock]

[sblock=S&S]
Assassin cargo Hold: Assassin's Quarry Recharging
Assassin Lower Deck: Ass. Q. Rech.
Assassin Main Deck: Ass. Q. Rech.
Assassin Quarter Deck I2: Ass. Q. Rech.
Assassin Quarter Deck:I4 39/61 Ass. Q. Rech. QUarry (Dante)

Vizier: Infernal advice recharging

Ashir: 15 (10) /46 Ongoing 5 (s.e.)
Haruka: 28 (23) /59 Ongoing 5(s.e)
Dante: 27 (22) / 42 Ongoing 5 (s.e)
Max: 11/46
Rocco: Dominated TENT
Nementah: 23/40
Virgil: 39/54

Vizier Devil (The scepter pic)
HP 80; Bloodied 40
AC 21, Fortitude 19, Reflex 19, Will 21
Perception 16
Resist 10 fire
OA: Scepter (Weapon)
Attack: Melee 1 (one creature); +12 vs. AC
Hit: 2d8 + 4 damage, and the devil slides the target 1 square.

Succubus
Perception 18;
HP 90; Bloodied 45
AC 23; Fortitude 17, Reflex 21, Will 23
Resist 20 fire
OA: Corrupting Touch (standard, at-will)
+14 vs AC; 1d6+6 damage.

Death Squad Assassin
Perception 16
HP 61; Bloodied 30
AC 21; Fortitude 18, Reflex 20, Will 19
OA: Assassin's Longblade (standard, at-will) Weapon
+12 vs AC; 1d6+6 damage.
The death squad assassin deals an extra 2d6 damage against any target it has combat advantage against.
[/sblock]

Attachments

• Round1-1.jpg
    Round1-1.jpg
    125.1 KB · Views: 168

dimsdale

First Post
Max counter's the assassin's attack, but misses. Agghh. Come'n Max! He then shifts to get some distance from the foe and throws his shield, with the intent to knock him off the boat. But the assassin dodges the attack. The shield comes back to Max an a few seconds later. It is obvious that max has not mastered his new sword and shield. Hopefully he'll have the chance to do so in the future.

[sblock=action]
attack: 1d20+12 vs assassin AC: miss

minor: inspiring word on self: 1d6+10 (HS) = 12
movement: shift to D1

AP: throw shield at assassin: 1d20+7 vs AC = 16 miss again!

[/sblock]

Iron Sky

Procedurally Generated
Dante's eyes narrow on the Succubus as he dodges Rocco's blow. "Kill the savok that protect the Umbara, it must be killed now!"

He proceeds to swing both ends of his kama chain into the chest of the assassin in front of him, wounding the other assassin as he wrenches the blades free of the first assassin's falling corpse.

[sblock=Actions]Start of turn: take 5 damage.
Standard: Jaws of the Wolf:
Attack 1: 1d20+12=21 AC vs I4 Assassin, hit, 4d4+8=20 damage.
Attack 2: 1d20+12=28 AC vs I4 Assassin, hit, 4d4+8=21 damage, dead.
Move-->Minor: Quarry I2 Assassin.
Minor: Off-Hand Strike: 1d20+12=30 AC, hit, 2d4+8=13 damage + 1d6(2) = 15 damage.
Saving Throws: Save vs 5 ongoing: 1d20=8 +4(Heroic Effort) = 12, success. Nice try saving throws, I have the upper hand now!

[sblock=Statblocks]Dante, Male Human Ranger 5
Passive Perception:20, Passive Insight:15
AC:19, Fort:19, Reflex:18, Will:17 -- Speed:6
HP:22/42, Bloodied:21, Surge Value:11, Surges left:5/6
Initiative +6, Action Points:0
Powers: Twin Strike, Throw and Stab, Off-Hand Strike, Disruptive Strike, Heroic Effort, Invigorating Stride, Second Wind, Jaws of the Wolf, Spitting Cobra Stance, Amulet of Resolution

Opportunity Attack: +12 vs. AC, 2d4+8 damage (Crit 2d6+16)
Notes: *Dante makes an OA on any enemy that makes a melee attack on Virgil as long as the enemy is within reach 2 of Dante or Virgil is adjacent to Dante. *Dante deals +1 damage when he has CA.

Virgil, Beast Companion(Lizard) 5
Passive Perception:13, Passive Insight:13
AC:20, Fort:17, Reflex:17, Will:15 -- Speed:6
HP:39/54, Bloodied:27, Surge Value:13(18), Surges left:2/2

Opportunity Attack: +11 vs. AC, 1d8+3 damage.
Note: Virgil's OA uses Dante's Immediate Reaction.[/sblock][/sblock]

I doubt you could do both an Immediate Interrupt and an Opportunity action triggered by the very same action so it was lucky there were two actions that could have triggered so I didn't need to make that ruling! The feint couldn't trigger the OA (no weapon tag) but by the reading any attack roll could trigger disruptive strike which is why it fell that way.

OOC: I don't know of anything in the rules that says you can't take an Immediate and OA action triggered by the same thing. There's a blog post here that talks about it.

Also, it's the Melee keyword rather than Weapon keyword that lets Dante take OAs.

As a side note: Tactics. I just realized that Ashir was on the quarter deck with us and I could have let him soften everyone up with some AoE goodness before I launched my Daily assault. Guess I need to look at the map a little closer before I post my turn. Oh well.

Last edited:

FourMonos

First Post
Renquist snarls in rage, "Lauto will claim your soul, fool."

With a quick hand, Renquist draws his sword and shield and focuses the will of the god of death on the assassin. He strike is true, but it draws only a flesh wound.

[sblock=ooc] Mal, and I correct in assuming I have no weapons drawn or at the ready? [/sblock]

[sblock=actions] Minor: Draw sword/shield
(Move convert to) Minor: Divine Challenge Assasssin. -2 to hit any target other than Renquist and takes 6 damage.
Standard: Enfeebling Strike: 1d20+8, 1d8+4 → ([19, 8], [1, 4]) Roll Lookup . Hit AC 27 for 5 damage, Assassin is -2 to hit TENT. [/sblock]

"Fey Lady, that dark being... the warlock... is below deck by herself. I think you better go and see if she needs help."

[sblock=ooc] May be time to back Namentah up, he is marked (-2) and enfeebling strike (-2) so lower chance to hit Namentah with OA [/sblock]

[sblock=ministats]
Renquist, Revenant paladin of Lauto
Init: +2 Speed: 5 Perception:14 Insight: 19
AC: 21/20 (23 if not bloodied) NAD: F: 16 R:15 W:17 (AC reflects no active shield)
HP: 41/41 Surges: 12/12 Surge Value: 10 AP: 1
Languages: Allerian, Old Allerian
Str:12 Dex:12 Wis:16 Con:14 Int:8 Cha:17

Powers:
At-Will: Ardent Strike, Enfeebling Strike, Divine Challenge, Lay on Hands (3/3)
Encounter: Channel Divinity: Divine Mettle, Channel Divinity: Divine Strength, Second Wind, Valorous Smite, Dark Reaping, Call to Arms, Call of Challenge
Daily: Radiant Delirium

Special: AC is 23 (21 w/o shield) when not bloodied. Gains 3 DR TSNT if Renquist spends a healing surge. [/sblock]

Last edited:

"They proved capable. She will live for a moment. Let's get this monster down!"

Nementah draws her totem and moves under the protection of the paladin. The spirits swarm around the assassin, but his will proves stronger this time.

[sblock=Actions]
Minor: Draw totem
Move: to I1 (if not called into before, Primera moves to J1)
OA: OA vs Nementah AC; damage (1d20+12-4=11, 1d6+6=11) - heh! :)

Standard: Haunting Spirits vs Will (assassin); psychic damage (1d20+7=9, 1d6+5=7) - meh! Two 2s in a row!

[/sblock]

OOC: Mal, Nementah's spirit get most of it's advantages by being adjacent to allies, so can we say she is called in J1?

FourMonos, you will be hard pressed by yourself to do 60 damage vs opponent with superior accuracy. I'll move altough he'll probably hit me even with -4, but I won't be hit by other attacks...

FourMonos

First Post
OOC: Oh don't misunderstand my intentions MetaVoid, I can't take this guy down by myself, but I was thinking if we both did a fighting retreat, we could meet up and take them 3 versus 2. The two of us are lousy DPS and I think we need Hakura to take them out ...and THB needs some heals

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads