[Adventure] KOGANÙSAN (DM: Sanzuo, Judge: TwoHeadsBarking)

Rapida

First Post
Brenwar takes his cue from Shale and stands at the door ready to defend against the creature. "We shouldn't negotiate with demons," Brenwar says flatly.

Tenchuu

First Post
OOC: I'll take up the second blocking position. So, if I have this right, the attack formation is:
Brenwar - G1
Halleck - H1
Shrakk - G0
Karma - G-1
Shale - H-1

This gives us room to maneuver in and out of my spot for me and Shrakk. If the barbarian comes back, I volunteer him to my spot.

Someone

Adventurer
OOC: Sounds good enough to me too; we could even advance 1 square and still block the hallway completely, if I understand correctly the rules on corners. That'd keep everyone inside the map too

Sanzuo

First Post
As the party talks to each other in hurried whispers and quickly rearranges themselves, the demon snake opens one eye revealing a softly glowing green orb. The glowing eye brightens as it realizes it has several potential meals in its lair and slowly, almost lazily, unwinds itself from the dais.

demonsnake.jpg

HISSSSSSSSSSSS

[sblock=Perception Checks]None of you see any traps in the immediate vicinity. The room is very plain except for the dais and the large stone block.[/sblock][sblock=Initiative Rolls:]
  1. Shrakk - 25 (Act Now)
  2. Halleck - 19 (Act Now)
  3. Karma - 18 (Act Now)
  4. Demon Snake - 15
  5. Shale - 15
  6. Brenwar - 11

Reminder: Shrakk, Halleck and Karma may act in any order or delay if they wish. The enemy acts. Then everyone may act.[/sblock][sblock=Status]Demon Snake
? / ? HP
AC: 17 Fort: 18 Ref: 16 Will: 15
Special: If you hit the snake with a melee attack you automatically take 5 acid damage.

• Brenwar: Fine
  • Shrakk: -1 healing surge
  • Halleck: -1 healing surge
  • Kavac: Fine
  • Shale: Fine
  • Demon Snake: Fine
[/sblock][sblock=Map]
battle02map02.png
[/sblock][sblock=Terrain]The squares with steps are difficult terrain and the top of the dais is 1 square high.
The hallways are 1 square high and the room is 3 squares high from the ground and 2 squares high from the top of the dais.[/sblock][sblock=Notes]I made some adjustments to the map. Let me know if this formation is ok with everyone.[/sblock]

Tenchuu

First Post
"Is that the best bark you can rally, Demon!?" Halleck mocked, "We do not fear your petty hiss, or your feeble attacks. Make ready to meet your end with haste!"

His words did not seem to effect the snake, though he was confident he had raised the spirits of his allies. "Shrakk, are you ready to fell the beast? I would throttle the demon with my bare hands, but I do not wish to steal all of the glory." He said with a grin. "I can damage the beast just as well from the back line."

[sblock=Action Block, Mini-Stats]
Daily Stirring Shout, Miss (what a wasted damage roll, too! I hate you IC!!!), However, at least the effect still affects, healing 4 on a hit, making the poison-on-hit net to 1 damage.

However, since this targets allies, and I assume I am not my own ally (though, if I'm not my ally, then who really is?), perhaps we need to rotate the line. I also have a ranged attack I can use from the second line to debuff enemy attacks. Where is that barbarian when you need him???

If Shrakk agrees, I will retcon to move back and let him move up. But if he doesn't want to, then I'll stay put and hope for the best. Damn dirty snakes!

[sblock=Action Block]
Move: Shift to H3
Minor: ??
Standard: Stirring Shout (Will)

• Target: Snake
  • Attack: 1d20+4=6 Miss
  • Damage: 2d6+4=0 damage
  • Effect: Until the end of the encounter, whenever an ally hits the target, that ally regains 4 hit points (char mod).
[sblock=ignore]
Against the target of this exploit, you gain a bonus to defenses equal to your Charisma modifier (+4) until the start of your next turn (due to Feat). The target can make a melee basic attack against you as a free action and has combat advantage for the attack. If the target makes this attack, an ally of your choice within 5 squares of the target can make a basic attack against the target as a free action and has combat advantage for the attack.
[/sblock]
[/sblock][sblock=Halleck Stat block]Viscount Ambrose Halleck - Male Half-Elf Hybrid Bard/Warlord 1
Initiative: +0, Passive Perception: +12, Passive Insight: +14

Defenses:

AC: 18, Fort: 13, Reflex: 13, Will: 15 -- Speed: 5 (-1 Pen from armor)

Vitality:
HP: 25/25, THP: 0/8 Bloodied: 12, Surge Value: 6, Surges left: 7/8
Action Points: 1/1, Second Wind: not used
Languages:
Common, Elven, Goblin

Basic Attacks
:
:bmelee: Basic Melee Attack: +6 vs AC - Longsword 1d8+3
:ranged: Ranged Basic Attack: N/A

Powers:
At-Will:
Brash Assault, Vicious Mockery
Encounter: Righteous Brand, Inspiring Word, Majestic Word, Shout of Triumph, Battlefront Shift
Daily: Stirring Shout

Weapons:
Longsword

[/sblock]
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Otakkun

Explorer
OOC: I was actually waiting for something like that power to attack. I intend to charge it this round (for the extra damage) so I'll be taking point with Brenwar. You guys just debuff it from a safe distance.

"Sure, I'll take it form here. Brenwar, grab it's attention while I grab its flank!"

[sblock=ACtions]Move (6) to I-9
Minor - Oath of Enmity
Standard - Charge (I-13): Charge with Overwhelming Strike (1d20+10=18 vs AC, 1d12+7+1d8=25 damage.)
Ready Iron Mind if the creature tries to grapple.
Ready Divine Guidance for any encounter or daily powers used.
Take 5 damage, heal 4. [/sblock]

[sblock=Combat Stats]Shrakk, Githzerai Avenger 2
Speaks in DarkOrange
HP 34/35 Temp HP 0
Initiative +4
AC 18, Fort 14, Reflex 16, Will 16
AP 1, Surges 8/9
Second Wind [ ]
Iron Mind [ ]
Angelic Alacrity [ ]
Distracting Flare [ ]
Channel Divinity: Divine Guidance [ ]
Channel Divinity: Abjure Undead [ ]
Aspect of Might [X]

Special
Shift 3 when using second wind.
+2 bonus to saves vs. daze, dominate & stun.
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Tenchuu

First Post
OOC: I edited my post to include a move.

Also, I have the battlefront shift to give a free shift of half-speed at the beginning of the encounter. Brenwar, it's available for your use if you want/need it.

Remove ads