• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[Adventure] Leader of the Pack ( DM: Velmont, Judge: ??? )

VanderLegion

First Post
Vander shakes his head, trying to shake off the feeling that came over him, then looks around to see if anyone else noticed his sudden urge to kill. He leans back against the wall behind him and takes a few moments to catch his breath.
OOC: Use 1 healing surge to get back to full hp, 5 surges remaining.
[sblock="Stats"]Vander Legion Male Human Monk/Assassin
Initiative: +6, Passive perception: 18, Passive Insight: 13

Defenses:
AC: 19, Fort: 17, Reflex: 18, Will: 14 (12 after -2 from moon frenzy)

Vitality
HP: 35/35, Bloodied: 17, Surge Value: 8, Surges Left: 5/7
Action Points: 1/1, Second Wind: unused

Languages:
Common,

Basic Attacks:
Melee Basic Attack: +8 vs AC - Transcendent Ki Focused Spear 1d8+6
Ranged Basic Attack: +10 vs AC - Transcendent Ki Focused Shuriken 1d4+5

Powers:
At-Will: Fallen Needle (Standard/Minor), Five Storms (Standard/Move), Executioner's Noose, Assassin's Shroud, Stone Fist Flurry of Blows, Shadow Step
Encounter: Eagle Claw Strike (Standard/Move), Inescapable Shadow
Daily: [-]Masterful Spiral[/-], Supreme Flurry
Item: Transcendent Abduction Ki Focus

Weapons:
Transcendent Abduction Ki Focus +1
Spear (Main Hand)
Ki Shuriken +1 (Off Hand)

Conditions: Werewolf Moon Frenzy Stage 1 (-2 will)

Transcendent Abduction Ki Focus: Blinking - When Vander hits with a teleportation attack power, he has concealment until the start of his next turn. Reaching - Vander has +1 reach with melee attacks.
Ki Shuriken: Once per turn when Vander uses flurry of blows, it does +2 damage to its targets.
Pointed Step Style: When flurry of blows is triggered by an attack made with a spear, one target of it can be up to 2 squares away from Vander[/sblock]

[MENTION=13739]Velmont[/MENTION], the wolf missed Bellegon with it's last attack due to a) concealment from shadowwalk b) Mythra's penalty to attack and finally armor of dark majesty which gives +2 vs cursed opponents. The wolf should hit effective AC of 26
EDIT: I just read WEContacts post...if I did indeed hurry with the round then the wolf is not cursed, but the rest still stands and it's a miss...

Also, Bellegons OA hits due to Prime shot? Eldritch Strike is warlock power and it qualifies for the benefit, I think. More important is the fact that the wolf missed and so I don't need to spend any surges...

Bellegon takes one look at the guards and disappears around the corner for the moment. Depending on their attitude he'll consider showing himself.

Luinnar

First Post
OOC: Spending 1 surge to heal Owl Bear fully

So you let wolves and other dark creatures into your town?! Mythra snaps walking up to the guards.
[sblock=Mythra]
Mythra Stelwart
Male Eladrin Wizard 6

Medium natural humanoid (Fey)
Initiative +8; Senses Passive Insight 20, Passive Perception 20
HP 46/46hp, Bloodied 23, Surge Value 11, Surges 8/9
AC 20; Fortitude 18, Reflex 19, Will 20
Saving Throws +5 vs Charm Effects
Speed 6
Action Points:1

Powers:
At will:
Chilling Cloud
Beguiling Strands

Ghost Sound
Light
Mage Hand
Prestidigitation

Encounter:
Fey Step
Illusory Obstacles
Hypnotic Pattern

Shield
Tome of Binding
Second Wind

Daily:
Summon Dretch
Summon Magma Beast
Summon Iron Cohort

Summoning Tome
Cloak of Translocation

Effect:Mythra takes 1d6 damage each time he takes a standard or move action before the end of his next turn.
[/sblock]

[sblock=Shield Immediate Interrupt]
Shield (Immediate Interrupt; encounter) ✦ Arcane, Force

Trigger: You are hit by an attack Effect: You gain a +4 power bonus to AC and Reflex defense until the end of your next turn.
[/sblock]

[sblock=Young Owl Bear]
Hp: 23/23 AC:19 Fort21: Ref:17 Will:21 Medium Fey Beast
Init=Mythra
Perception=+12 Dark Vision
Speed 6

Aura 1:Allies gain a +2 power bonus to damage rolls against enemies in Aura. Mythra gains CA against any enemy in aura.

MBA Claw:
+11 vs AC, 1d12+3.

Str:20 Dex:12 Wis:14 Con:17 Int:2 Cha:6
[/sblock]

[sblock=Dretch]
23/23 HP
AC 20; Fortitude 18, Reflex 19, Will 20
Speed 5

If the dretch is reduced to 0 hit points, creatures adjacent to it take 5 poison damage.

You can give the dretch the following special command. Standard Action: Melee 1; targets one or two creatures; 9 vs. Reflex; 2d6 + 8 damage.

Intrinsic Nature: If you haven’t given the dretch any commands by the end of your turn, it attacks or charges the nearest creature and makes its listed attack (above) in place of a melee basic attack. If it cannot attack or charge, it moves 5 squares toward the nearest creature. In addition, you take 1d6 damage each time you take a standard or move action before the end of your next turn.

Symbiosis: While the summoned dretch is present, each creature you hit with a basic or at-will attack takes 5 damage if it makes an attack before the end of its next turn, after it makes the attack.
[/sblock]

Velmont

First Post
[SBLOCK=OOC]
[MENTION=13739]Velmont[/MENTION], the wolf missed Bellegon with it's last attack due to a) concealment from shadowwalk b) Mythra's penalty to attack and finally armor of dark majesty which gives +2 vs cursed opponents. The wolf should hit effective AC of 26
EDIT: I just read WEContacts post...if I did indeed hurry with the round then the wolf is not cursed, but the rest still stands and it's a miss...

Also, Bellegons OA hits due to Prime shot? Eldritch Strike is warlock power and it qualifies for the benefit, I think. More important is the fact that the wolf missed and so I don't need to spend any surges...

[MENTION=87106]MetaVoid[/MENTION]:
Dire wolf attack
The dire wolf should attack at +11, but he attacked at +9, so Myhtra penalty was already considered. I forgot about your concealment, giving another -2 penalty, so he should have hit an AC of 20. He was not cursed, Still a hit.

AoO
Compedium said:
PRIME SHOT
If none of your allies are nearer to your target than you are, you receive a +1 bonus to ranged attack rolls against that target. You do not gain this feature if you choose the Beast Mastery fighting style.

Eldritch Strike is a melee attack, so Prime shot doesn't apply.[/SBLOCK]

Son of Meepo

First Post
"They is mostly people and wolves that look like people... or is it people that look live wolves... But we know wolves are sly hunters anyways."

Ghourra pats the guard on the back.

"Maybe we all go in temple now and talk?"

WEContact

First Post
Provided the guards don't make trouble, Khazin goes to Zelgar and, if he is in too much pain to walk comfortably, loops the priest's arm around his shoulders and takes some of Zelgar's weight. While they walk back to the temple, Khazin fills him in on some of the details: "My name is Khazin. We're mercenaries hired by, uh... what was the name? Teregor. He sent us to persuade you to accompany us back to him- I think now he might have had some notion of the danger you are in. Will you tell us what you know of those lycanthropes? Why did that rabble join them in their attack?"

Velmont

First Post
Zelgar stands up with the help of Kazin. "Thank you... my new friend." the hesitation came as he was wondering what is hiding behind this mask. He put his hand on his wound and after a flash of light, the wounds have been healed. "I'll be ok now."

A patrol arrive, and at it head, the Sheriff of the town. He looks around and start to give order to clean the street before the end of the night. "And you, Zelgar, you should have not wandered late during the night."

He then turn to group and adds "Thank you. Your help is welcomed. Welrewolves are an annoyance in the region, but we are not used to see it within the city. They prefer the country side generally."

"Sheriff takes the corpse of Clarissa and Ernest to the church. I'll take care of there last rest myself." Zelgar points the two werewolves body, now reverted to their human form.

The group head inside the church as Zelgar answers Khazin question. "Yes, it is Teregor. My mentor. He has always been worrisome about his pupils. I was summoned by the order to go back to Sharn, but I told I couldn't without news of my brother. If he sent you, it is he has seen that coming. I should have also..."

The group enter the church. It is made of a single large room for the mass, with some alcove on each side with small chapel for people who want to commune with the Flames alone. There is few decoration, mainly some finely decorated torch supports, alight to give good light within the church.

Zelgar sits down and offer the other to do the same. "I won't come back to you in Sharn, not before I find back my brother. I feared everyday in the last few months to hear that he was killed in his quest, but I think a worst fate have fallen on him."

Zelgar is a young man, in the mid twenty, he is strong, healthy and seems to be quite charming. At first look, it is hard to not like him, unless you hate lovely and careful people.

"Ulmar, my borther, have left Greenblade six months ago at the head of a group of templars of the Flames. They have been hunting a dangerous werewolf that have been sighted in this region. He was supposed to send me reports at least once a month... I got none for over three months now. I thought he might have been killed. Tonight have proven otherwise."

"Ulmar have been turned into a werewolf himself. That's what Ernest offered me. To join my borthers pack. I have been bitten by Clarissa, I am cursed too now, but it will take time before the curse take his full toll. You two have also been bitten." he tells pointing at Vander and Ghourra. "You might be at risk too."

Zelgar fall silent a moment. The group is momentarily disturb by the guards who carry the corpse of Clarissa and Ernest in an alcove, under the supervision of the sheriff.

"So, what do we do with you and others bitten? Do we burn you before you change? In my land you would be sent on suicide missions until you die, that way you do some good with your curse. But your lands are not threatened and The Flame and lycanthropes don't mix well. Will you loose your powers?"

VanderLegion

First Post
"So, what do we do with you and others bitten? Do we burn you before you change? In my land you would be sent on suicide missions until you die, that way you do some good with your curse. But your lands are not threatened and The Flame and lycanthropes don't mix well. Will you loose your powers?"
"I assure you warlock, if you try that path I will not go down without a fight. I won't allow myself to be burned because of a simple bite, I'm sure there's a cure out there somewhere. At the least, I'll not give up without trying to find one, says Vander, glaring at the drow. He turns to Zelgar, "Know you of such a cure?"

Velmont

First Post
"A humanoid, when it is bitten by a true werewolf, he is cursed by the Werewolf Lycanthropie. No amount of healing can help him, and his body can never get rid of the curse by itself. But being curse doesn't make him a true werewolf. The curse need to corrupt his body and souls, which takes time."

Zelgar stands up and walk toward the two bodies.

"Until the curse take his full potential and he become a full lyncanthrope, he will be able to transmit only a mild version of the curse, the Werewolf Moon Frenzy."

Zelgar kneels down and open the mouth of Clarissa. He then rip of the clothing and start to inspect the nude body. Two guards whispers as they see Zelgar acting.

"Go back cleaning the street!" order the sheriff to the two guards. "And keep any survivors around and tightly tied. I might need them for questioning." The two guards quickly leave but the sheriff stay and look at Zelgar.

Zelgar do the same ritual on Ernest before talking to Vander and Ghourra. "We are all three lucky. Clarissa and Ernest were not yet full Lyncanthrope. We are under the Moon Frenzy Cursed. Some long rest, some good care from an expert healer and time might be enough. Also, a quiet place would help to control any instinct as they show up. Not under pressure and under good supervision, we should all heal easily."

"If you were cursed, like my brother, we need to proceed to a ritual. It is costly and time consuming. Also, there is no guarantee that the ritual will not kill the subject of it. I can do it if needed, but I have the resources here for only one, and my brother need it."

"Ulmar has left us no choice but to confront him. I fear that the longer we wait, the stronger his pack will become. Ulmar will have it no other way, and I will not cower in my temple while innocent blood is spilled for my sake. We need to find him and remove the curse on him."

Last edited:

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads