(Adventure) M1: Goblin Ears and the MTG (dpdx judging) COMPLETED

Erekose13

Explorer
Tenebrynn comes out from behind Nurlan to pay for the bail, not saying anything as he hands over 60 gold coins. The rest can pay him back later when they are not in the jail surrounded by criminals On boths sides of the law, he thinks to himself.

orsal

LEW Judge
Manzanita said:
You can see that Captain Benjamin handed over 80 gps for bail for his four charges. You received the equivalent of...I'll have to check, but more than 20 gps each, so you can pay it from cash accumulated in this adventure if you so choose.

OOC: We got 105 gp, mostly in platinum -- it would have been 30 gp to each of two people, 25 to one, and 20 to one. So we all have at least 2pp from that division, although we didn't figure out who got an extra pp and who got the five gp.

Manzanita said:
"Kim Tensil. Yes. A very well respected merchant." says the older guard. "So if you're staying with him, and you've got bail money, you're free to go. We'll send a deputy 'round for you when we're ready to start the trial."

Nurlan hands over 20 gp or the equivalent. EDIT: ...or starts too, but Tenebrynn beats him to it, with enough money to take care of all three of them.

Manzanita said:
Captain Benjamin cocks his head at the mention of the merchant's name. But doesn't say anything more.

Ahh, so they didn't know we were with him. Well, what's done is done; they know now, and if we do get visitors tonight, they probably will have something other than theft in mind. Then again, I wonder which faction of the Guild these people are with. Kim said his dues keep him safe from one group. If these thugs are part of the group with whom Kim has influence...

Last edited:

Steve Jung

Explorer
Charlarn of Phyrah: Male human cleric 1

Manzanita said:
You can see that Captain Benjamin handed over 80 gps for bail for his four charges. You received the equivalent of...I'll have to check, but more than 20 gps each, so you can pay it from cash accumulated in this adventure if you so choose.
OOC: OK. Just checking.

Manzanita said:
"Kim Tensil. Yes. A very well respected merchant." says the older guard. "So if you're staying with him, and you've got bail money, you're free to go. We'll send a deputy 'round for you when we're ready to start the trial."

Captain Benjamin cocks his head at the mention of the merchant's name. But doesn't say anything more.
"Whew," the cleric thinks. "That's good to hear."

Erekose13 said:
Tenebrynn comes out from behind Nurlan to pay for the bail, not saying anything as he hands over 60 gold coins. The rest can pay him back later when they are not in the jail surrounded by criminals On boths sides of the law, he thinks to himself.
When the group leaves the station, Charlarn says to Tennebrynn, "Thanks for posting bail for us. Let's get out of the open before we pay you back. I hope Irene and Jezibel aren't worried about us."

Manzanita

First Post
The party is able to exit the militia house, breathing a sigh at yet another escape from the law. Their opposition exits at almost the same time. Captain Benjamin herds the others ahead of them, in another direction, not allowing them any interaction with the party. Only the brown-robed one shouts a parting challenge, "The guild does not forget!"

Steve Jung

Explorer

Manzanita said:
The party is able to exit the militia house, breathing a sigh at yet another escape from the law. Their opposition exits at almost the same time. Captain Benjamin herds the others ahead of them, in another direction, not allowing them any interaction with the party. Only the brown-robed one shouts a parting challenge, "The guild does not forget!"
If Charlarn can get a good look at his face, he will try to memorize it. Then, he can ask Kim if he recognizes him.

orsal

LEW Judge
Manzanita said:

As they head out, in the opposite direction to the thugs, Nurlan speaks quietly to the others. "I expect we'll be getting a visit soon, and I hope it happens at Kim's place. They have no legitimate reason to be there, so it will be hard for them to claim that we attacked them. When we see Kim again we'll have to ask him more about the politics of the Guild. Now, what was the name of the place Jezibel and Irene were going?"

Steve Jung

Explorer

"Something Owl, if I recall. Good thing we didn't ask the watchman. Then the guild would know. Should we ask someone or just wander?"

OOC: Since it's the Memorial Day weekend here, I might not be able to post until Tuesday. Bye.

orsal

LEW Judge
Steve Jung said:
"Something Owl, if I recall. Good thing we didn't ask the watchman. Then the guild would know. Should we ask someone or just wander?"

Nurlan shrugs. "Then again, they may well have had somebody following Irene and Jezibel there. Who knows what might have been happening to them... I think we'd better try to catch up with them immediately. Look around and make sure we're not being watched, then ask someone for directions. And let's keep to the main streets and walkways. No back alley shortcuts right now, I think."

Manzanita

First Post
The threesome is able to locate the desired Inn without too much trouble. It is located in the docks area. It takes nearly about 30 minutes to reach it.

OOC: At this point, this group is slightly ahead, so unfortunately I must place you on hold. I don't think it will be long, though...

Remove ads