(Adventure) M1: Goblin Ears and the MTG (dpdx judging) COMPLETED

Steve Jung

Explorer
Charlarn of Phyrah: Male human cleric 1

orsal said:
"Of course," says Nurlan quietly, pulling Tenebrynn and Charlarn into a huddle so as not to be overheard. "But I think this trouble has already reached them. How else to explain the bartender's hostility? I fear he spoke as he did because he did recognize their description, and there was some trouble here earlier, and our friends were involved."
The cleric whispers back, "Do you think some coin might help him remember? If not, we may need to visit Kim to ask for his help. Whether he'll help is another question."

orsal

LEW Judge
Steve Jung said:
The cleric whispers back, "Do you think some coin might help him remember? If not, we may need to visit Kim to ask for his help. Whether he'll help is another question."

Nodding his agreement, Nurlan returns to the bartender. He casually (but visibly) holds a handful of gold and silver coins. Addressing the bartender, he says, "It seems we needn't stay here, as we must look for our friends. However, since we've missed breakfast, is there something portable, sandwiches say, that you could serve us that we could munch on our way? And how much would they cost?"

(OOC: don't fast forward at this point... I have to roleplay an unreasonably large "tip" in response to the bartender, before we go anywhere.)

orsal

LEW Judge
Manzanita said:
"Yeah, sure. 3 silvers for a roast beef sandwich. Or were you wantin' something more fancy?" replies the barkeep.

"Sounds good. You all want one? Let's make it three roast beef sandwiches then." (OOC: this is assuming Charlarn and Tenebrynn assent; if not, adjust the cost and tip proportionally.) Nurlan slaps 3 gp on the counter, and continues more quietly, "But you know, we're not cheap. A good roast beef sandwich is worth more than that. Keep the change. Oh, and by the way, I know you're busy, but if you do see anyone looking like our friends, the ones I described for you a moment ago, we'd appreciate if you let us know. We'd hoped to find them here; apparently they think highly of the food here."

Manzanita

First Post
one eyed owl

The barkeep stares blankly at the gold on the counter for a moment, then slips it off the edge into his palm. He then leans forward over the counter. "Then two ladies, ye be friends with one of them? What be their names?"

orsal

LEW Judge
Manzanita said:
The barkeep stares blankly at the gold on the counter for a moment, then slips it off the edge into his palm. He then leans forward over the counter. "Then two ladies, ye be friends with one of them? What be their names?"

Easy now, Nurlan thinks to himself. If this elf is in with the Guild, this could be his way of learning their quarry's identities. But then another thought comes to him. What if he wants to make sure we really are their friends? What if his initial reticence was because, when we came asking questions about the people who were chased by trouble earlier today, he thought we were just another chapter of the trouble chasing them? After a moment of indecision, he steels himself. You've got to decide. Be prepared to make the wrong call, but you've got to take a chance one way or the other.

He speaks up, hoping not to have put the bartender off with his hesitation, and not thinking things through as thoroughly as he wished. The last thought running through his head is that if the bartender wanted to learn the women's names for nefarious purposes, he wouldn't have waited for a bribe.

"The halfling is named Irene, and the human is named Jezibel", he says.

Erekose13

Explorer
Tenebrynn stands watch while Nurlan is speaking to the bartender. Whenever Nurlan looks for support in his ideas, Tenebrynn offers a short curt nod. While they are speaking Tenebrynn surrupticiously scans the bar for others who might be watching the conversation.

Manzanita

First Post
The barkeep looks at Nurlan a bit longer, then says "I see." He looks about the bar, still almost empty, then turns and begins to make the sandwiches.

Steve Jung

Explorer
Charlarn of Phyrah: Male human cleric 1

orsal said:
"Sounds good. You all want one? Let's make it three roast beef sandwiches then." (OOC: this is assuming Charlarn and Tenebrynn assent; if not, adjust the cost and tip proportionally.)
Charlarn nods his head. "I'd like one, please." Like Tenebrynn, the cleric looks around the bar, but taking in the general things in the bar, not really focusing on any one thing.

Manzanita

First Post
One eyed owl

As the party waits for their sandwiches and ponder their next action, two more people enter the Inn. One enters through the door to the street. He is a halfling, athletic looking, dressed in leather armor and wearing a short sword on his belt. He climbs up on a bar stool.

Another man walks down the stairs into the main room. He is human, short with a prominant nose, and shifty eyes. He eyes three party and halfling quite carefully as he walks slowly towards the door to the street. Then he abruptly turns on his heels and heads back upstairs.

"Here you go," says the half-elven barkeep. He hands you three sandwiches, then turns to the halfling. "What can I get ye?"

Remove ads