(Adventure) Slaying the Dreamer [Judge: Uriel]

Thomas Hobbes

First Post
ooc: Righteo. Janos- How thick/tough did the door look?

IC: "What the devil?" Fant rattles the door, and finding it locked, swears. "Dammit. Well, that was unexpected." She turns to Quickwhip, the stronger of her two companions. "Any ideas? I'm not for 'being patient,' myself."

Thomas Hobbes

First Post
Fant glances quickly around the room, seeing if there's anything of interest (like another door.) "Draven," she says, not taking her eyes off the door, "take a quick look around, see if you can find anything. Quickwhip," she turns and addresses the man, "let's see what we can't do about this door." And with that, she turns and strikes the door with her sword. Ironically, the one of us who can do this without brute force is... indisposed. She wasn't sure where Jack was- obviously, whoever had just locked them in wasn't Jack (or at least, not who Jack said he was). Beyond that, she had not a clue.

ooc: Attempt to hack the thing down, with Quickwhip (presumably) assisting.

Last edited:

Jack Haggerty

First Post
From somewhere behind the workbench of alchemical apparatus a familiar voice calls out, "Oi! Is that you, Miss Fant? You're making a right good racket, sure enough." Jack steps into sight, looking decidedly bleary, as if he had just woken up from a nap.

Thomas Hobbes

First Post
Jack Haggerty said:
From somewhere behind the workbench of alchemical apparatus a familiar voice calls out, "Oi! Is that you, Miss Fant? You're making a right good racket, sure enough." Jack steps into sight, looking decidedly bleary, as if he had just woken up from a nap.

Fant turns to face him, her exquisitely crafted sword pointing right at him. "Hello, Mr. Haggerty," she says, not unfriendily, before turning to Quickwhip. "Keep at it, if you please," she says, and then turns back, not taking her sword off Jack. "An explanation is in order, I think. Preferably a convincing one." Despite her words, she knows that Jack is, likely, not actually a turncoat (as it would be rather overelaborate to send a duplicate several hundred miles in order to trick Janos), but better not to take chances.

Jack Haggerty

First Post
"Oh hey, watch where you're pointing that pig-sticker, eh?" Jack responds irratibly. "And what're you on about? Mirrek said he's off to invite the lot of you in for dinner and a place to stay the night, and now you're here poking swords about and busting up doors. That's some gratitude for you to show your host.

"Then, you wake me up from a nice little bit of shut eye with questions like as I stole all your dainties, and I haven't even had a bite to eat yet. Speaking of which, his cooks should've supper just about cooked up, I'd wager.

"Maybe some grub in your belly'd be just the thing to cheer you up," Jack continues considerably more cordially. "Have a seat and a breather. The servants'll fetch us when the table's set, so they says."

Last edited:

Thomas Hobbes

First Post
Fant stares blankly at Jack for a few moments, as if he's speaking a foreign language, then swears again and sheathes her sword. "Quickwhip- keep chopping. Draven- keep looking." She walks over to Jack, depositing her shield on the table. She sits down, one leg on either side of the bench, and stares Jack in the eye. "Who's Merrek? No- start from the beggining. What happened after you went inside?"

Jack Haggerty

First Post
Thomas Hobbes said:
Fant stares blankly at Jack for a few moments, as if he's speaking a foreign language, then swears again and sheathes her sword. "Quickwhip- keep chopping. Draven- keep looking." She walks over to Jack, depositing her shield on the table. She sits down, one leg on either side of the bench, and stares Jack in the eye. "Who's Merrek? No- start from the beggining. What happened after you went inside?"

"Eh? Mirrek? Oh, aye, he's the fellow what owns this joint. Right friendly fellow is too. You ought to meet him." Jack answers.

"So, I's snooping around the place slick as rain, the guards can't tell their heads from their hindquarter, I'll tell you, and found a nice little side door leading in through the servants' bunks. One of them must've been awake and suspicious, because he beaned me over the noggin when I wasn't looking.

"I came to in here, and Mirrek says he's sorry about the servant because they get awfully nervous round strangers and all. I says its not his fault, as I shouldn't've been sneaking around uninvited. He says it's not a problem, guests are always welcome, and do I've any friends come with me? I says, of course I do, but there all waiting out in the dark and cold. He says that'll never do, he'll go invite them in and we can all stay for dinner and a good night's sleep. A good idea says I. All his pleasure says he, and asks if I'm just a wee bit sleepy. Sure enough I am I agreed. Because I was, sure enough. Why not nap in here, he says, where the servant can't bugger you. So I did.

"And now you're all here, and we can have some proper supper and a proper bed, eh?"

Thomas Hobbes

First Post
"Either the servant hit you hard enough to jog something in that head of yours or Merrik did, minus the blunt trauma," says Fant bluntly, after Jack finishes talking. "Now, let's start from the beginning: Merrik is a wizard. He killed one of Janos' associates. Janos hired us to exact some measure of vengeance. You were scouting out his residence so that we could enter, ascertain his guilt, and mete out justice. Remember?" Fant asks impatiently. Jack seemed like a reasonable sort of fellow; she expected him to be more reasonable than to go and get himself ensorcelled. "Now snap out of it or I'll snap you out of it."

Mithreander

Explorer
Quickwhip takes another try at the thin door and looks back at the woman. "I think it's magically sealed. I should have been able to rip the hinges off of this think by now." He takes a step back and quicker then a flash pulls his sword, swiping at the door and sheathing the blade once more, all in a single motion. He then notes the effect that the blade had on the door.

Remove ads