• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

(Adventure) Slaying the Dreamer [Judge: Uriel]

Mithreander

Explorer
Quickwhip continues his assualt on the door. "Well, this may be very short lived. If it's the golem that we were worned against, I don't think we're well suited to face it, though face it we shall. jUst be prepared to flee, if necessary, and I'll hopd it back."

Jack Haggerty

First Post
Thomas Hobbes said:
"That'll be the guards, no doubt. Get ready, everyone." She turns to Jack, pausing for a moment to consider her words. "Jack, I have little doubt that the people on the other side of that door are going to try and kill us. Either help us fight them or stay out of the way."

"If they try to clobber me, Ma'am, I'll try to clobber them right back, sure enough," Jack replies. "But perhaps you should've thought about that before knocking the door down, eh? Might not've had so much trouble coming now, you know."

[OOC:]I'm assuming Jack has had most of his gear and weapons taken from him... Unless the guards failed to discover the dagger he keeps hidden on himself (Sleight of Hand Take 20 = DC 28 Search or Spot check to find it).[/OOC]

Mithreander

Explorer
Quickwhip looks at the woman and her sharp comment, dismissing it as nerves. If he distracted whatever is on the other side of that door, he's sure she would be able to slip through.

As for the horoics bit, well pride took place in alot of adventurers, so why not here.

Janos Audron

Explorer
[Right, this time my reason for not updating is really lousy, but it slipped my mind because I've been catching up on Charmed and Alias (both shows aren't broadcast here, so when I realized I was half a season behind, I did a major Alias and Charmed marathon :). Oh, and when I don't update once every two days, feel free to mail me, 'cause in that case, I've probably forgotten about you guys :eek:]

Jack discovers he still has his dagger, though he has no armor.

Within a minute you hear heavy footsteps on the other side of the door. Whatever it is is walking slow, probably because of the weight of the armor you hear rinkling with each step.

Quickwhip keeps hacking at the door, and when he sees the door is about to give in, he tries to break through and the door shatters under the force of his bodyslam.

Fifteen feet away, at the end of the large hallway, stands a man. Though a second look reveals he isn't a man, but more a construct. Wearing heavy armor, a shield and a longsword, he slowly turns around when you step through the door.

Thomas Hobbes

First Post
Fant grins. Finally, done with this pussyfooting around!

"Quickwhip, take the right, I'll get the left. Draven, stay close, but not too close, with healing. Jack, get your ass over here!"

With that, she'll do as promised- if she goes before the construct, she'll move directly beside it, or behind it if she can go that far, and ready an action to attack when Quickwhip moves in to attack (and hopefully flank). If she goes after it, she'll move as close as she can to flanking without taking an AoO.

Last edited:

Jack Haggerty

First Post
"Mr. Mirrek'll be right upset when he finds out we've all toddled off." Jack complains, following Lady Fant. At the sight of the large suit of self-propelled armor, Jack draws his dagger and brandishes it almost in disgust. "And what do you expect me to do? Tickle him in the belly button?"

OOC: Might I assume that the construct is "an apparent ally that threatens the charmed person", namely me, and that the spell is slowly breaking here?

With nothing to fight with but a glorified steak knife, Jack is simply trying not to get clobbered again. Total Defense action for a +4 to AC. He will move up 20', but stay behind Lady Fant or Quickwhip for the moment.

Last edited:

Janos Audron

Explorer
Initiative order:

Quickwhip
Fant
Draven
Jack
Thing

Well, he doesn't actually threaten you ... yet. It just stands there.

Last edited:

Remove ads