• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

(Adventure) Slaying the Dreamer [Judge: Uriel]

Thomas Hobbes

First Post
Fant snorts derisively and continues with her plan, charging the enemy.

ooc: On the off chance that Mithreander is near a computer and not off for the holidays, I sent him an e-mail.

Edit: Well, shoot. Didn't notice this when I went to his profile to find his e-mail :eek: :(:

"Family and Roleplaying are my life... unfortunately I have no time for one of those anymore because of the other."

So... puppeting or sudden removal?

Last edited:

Mithreander

Explorer
Quickwhip moves up to the construct, noting it's lack of spirit and feels no compultion for staying his hand. He moves forward and slices in the sam e movement, his sword already out. Being trained in fighting the living, all that he knows is that he must take this... thing out. It may be impervious to his attacks, he resons, but even armor can be destroyed if you are persistant enough.

He moves forward, notes the lack of reaction and takes the opertunity to slip behind it (if it's sword is still sheathed) so to offer a falnking possision for the other members of the party.

"Well, at least the entertainment is first knotch! I must say that the exersise from attacking the door was second best... at least this thing will offer some resistance!"

OOC: Attack: 15 Damage: 12

Janos Audron

Explorer
Quickwhip runs past the golem, and once past it, he turns around giving extra momentum to his swing. With a loud *clang* the sword hits the armor, but the thing seems unaffected!

Fant rushes forward and takes advantage of Quickwhips distraction to hit the golem. Once more the sound of metal striking metal sounds through the passage, but Fant's strike too is absorbed by the armor...

Draven invokes the power of Grendath and suddenly everyone feels better. The golem's armor might have averted the first few blows, but next time, you feel, you *will* hurt it!

Jack walks towards his two friends fighting Mirrek's construct. Seeing as how the swords fail to affect it, Jack stays behind.

The golem, still facing the alchemy room, raises its sword and attacks Fant. Fant seeing the sword coming her way ducks in a reflex and the sword passes over her head.

Jack Haggerty

First Post
Snapping out of his delerious friendship with the Evil Wizard Mirrek, Jack takes one look at his tiny dagger, one look at the complete lack of damage inflicted by humans' immense swords and alters his plan of attack...

Jack sheathes his dagger and makes a strategic withdrawal back into the library, where he heads straight for the table of alchemical apparatus. Half jumping and half climbing, he clambers up into the table itself to get a better vantage point of the battle.

OOC: That'll probably do it for this round, if he makes it that far, I don't think he'll have any actions left. Jump +2, Climb +4, Tumble +8.

Janos Audron

Explorer
After the golem's attack, Quickwhip strikes it in its side, the armor giving way to the force of the attack (11 damage. Quickwhip, why does your greatsword do 2d6+2 instead of 2d6+1?). The golem glances at Quickwhip who damaged it and Fant uses the distraction to hit the golems front with her longsword (10 damage).

Draven, thinking the golem can't last long after these two powerful blows draws his weapon and bases the golems head (7 damage).

For a moment the golem stands still, then, as the magic fades away the sword and shield fall to the ground and the armor itself falls against the wall and slides to the ground.

Jack reaches the table! (;))

Thomas Hobbes

First Post
"Right," says Fant, taking a moment to search through the golem's remains. "Let's keep moving." Her search finished and the group assembled, she strides towards the door to the outer house.

Jack Haggerty

First Post
Jack spins around, ready to throw a flask of some particularly vile-looking liquid he had found sitting on the alchemist's bench. Seeing nothing but an empty pile of armor lying on the floor, he jumps back down from the table.

"Don't make 'em like they used to," he mutters, tossing the flask over his shoulder.

Back to his old self, Jack pushes past Lady Fant to make his way into the hallway. "Hold on, Miss," he says, "He's got my stuff 'round here somewheres, and we've gots time 'fore he gets back. Gone off to jigger Mister Janos, he said."

Jack breifly considers the empty arms and armor lying on the floor... Unfortunately it's all far to large for a halfling of his stature.

Last edited:

Remove ads