• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

(Adventure) Slaying the Dreamer [Judge: Uriel]

Jack Haggerty

First Post
Thomas Hobbes said:
"Now, let's start from the beginning: Merrik is a wizard. He killed one of Janos' associates. Janos hired us to exact some measure of vengeance. You were scouting out his residence so that we could enter, ascertain his guilt, and mete out justice. Remember?"

"Oh, aye, I remember all that." Jack assures her. "But somehow just can't savvy how Mr. Mirrek could've done all that Janos says he did. He's a right flash chum, once you get to knowing him."

Thomas Hobbes said:
"Now snap out of it or I'll snap you out of it."

"Snap out of what?" he asks in all seriousness.

Last edited:

Thomas Hobbes

First Post
Fant wordlessly mouths the phrase "right flash chum" before shaking her head and turning to Quickwhip. "Well, keep at it. I don't feel like waiting on Mirrek's leisure." She turns back to Jack, staring at him for a moment and considering what to do. Then she throws up her hands in the air and rises to her feet. "Damned if I know what to do with him," she remarks to the other two.

Jack Haggerty

First Post
"Why not take a peek through some of the books lying round while we're waiting?" Jack offers. "You might find the evidence you're looking for in one of them, eh?... But I wouldn't bet on it, myself. They've pretty pictures, if nothing else."

Mithreander

Explorer
Quickwhip glances at his companions and informs them of the condition of the door. "If I continue, I can go directly through the door. Whatever spell holds it in place does not protect the ddor from damage. I'm reluctant to damage it further, but I like the idea of being locked in a room even less, though from the mages perspective we may deserve just that and worse." He looks to his woman companion and nods towards Jack. "He does have a point. At least you can get an idea of who we are dealing with from his choice in reading materials, if nothing else. Do you wish for me to create the formentioned hole in the door?"

Thomas Hobbes

First Post
Fant looks at the... extensive library. "I think Janos will likely be in need of assistance shortly. Perhaps later." She will, however, take a quick look while Quickwhip hacks down the door.

Mithreander

Explorer
Hearing a confirmation on the assualt on the door, Quickwhip whips his sword out in a fation suitable to his name and continues to trike at it.

Janos Audron

Explorer
[I've had exams the past three weeks, but they're over now, so once more I have something precious called free time :). Oh, and the one who dares ask how my exams went gets a nice free 100 XP penalty.]

Fant quickly glances through some books, but she doesn't understand them. Written in a language she doesn't understand she gathers from the pictures of plants and some diagrams that these books are probably used for brewing potions.

Quickwhip hacks at the door, each time splintering pieces off it. After half a minute he hears heavy footsteps come towards the door and stop somewhere on the other side.

Thomas Hobbes

First Post
Fant snaps the book shut decisively. "About as useful as I thought," she says, strapping her shield back on her arm. She turns to the door. "That'll be the guards, no doubt. Get ready, everyone." She turns to Jack, pausing for a moment to consider her words. "Jack, I have little doubt that the people on the other side of that door are going to try and kill us. Either help us fight them or stay out of the way." And with that, she turns to help Quickwhip knock the door the rest of the way down.

Remove ads