4E [Adventure]: The Bane of the Black Dragon (DM: Dimsdale, Judge ??)

dimsdale

Villager
Welcome everyone to the adventure:
The Bane of the Black Dragon.

Party Members:
Sharpe Wellington: Half-Elf Bard: Lvl 3 (Luinnar) Leader
Prime: Warforged Fighter: Lvl 5 (Someone) Defender
Drew: Human Monk Lvl 5 (MetaVoid) Striker
Gallen: Shifter Druid Lvl 5(Ozymandias79) Controller
Zharne: Halfing Barbarian Lvl 5 (RedBeardJim) Striker
Vermitrax: Human Mage: Lvl 4 (Voda Vosa) Controller

The cleric leads the party through the city to its outskirts. Take this road south. It bends to to the east and at which point you will enter the forest. Be careful. It is in here that the latest goblin attacks have occurred. Find Lord Weinfurter and find the orb. Good luck.


[sblock=Rules]
1. Borrowed from H.M.Gimlord and Mal Malenkirk...and Johnmeier1 :)
2. I've also borrowed Voda Vosa's map tool idea. In combat, you are allow to move your own token when you perform a move action. If you damage an enemy, you can deduct the amount of hp you cause to the creature.


Player Info: Include mini stat blocks in your posts. Mini-stat blocks allow you to keep track of your own healing surges, power usages, acquired items, etc... without having to ask the DM all the time. It's not the end of the world if you forget, but please be sure to include it when you are posting an action block. It also make it easier for me to check basic stats.

Example mini-stats:
[sblock=ministats]
Triggers: Fox's Cunning Trigger - Immediate Reaction to the First Enemy that attacks me in melee
Status: Bloodied
Init: +5 Speed: 5 Perception:22 Insight: 20
AC: 21 F/R/W:17/18/22
HP: 30/61 Surges: 4/8 Surge Value: 15 AP: 1
Languages: Allarian, Imperia, Draconic
Str:8 Dex:14 Wis:14 Con:14 Int:10 Cha:22

Powers:
At Will - Jinx Shot, Cutting Words
Encounter - Second Wind, Fox's Cunning, Twin Strike, Grappling Spirits, Hunter's Quarry, Majestic Word (0/2), Words of Friendship, Chord of Dissonance, Rhyme of the Blood-Seeking Blade, Virtue of Prescience
Daily - Arrow of Ill Omen, Arrow of Warning, Bracers of Archery, Inevitable Shot, Songbow of Vanishment, Warding Arrow

Full Character Sheet
[/sblock]

Passive checks: I will use Perception and Insight and put information in private sblocks for certain players. If you are not one of the intended characters, please do not read these spoilers. The character, however, is welcome to, in character, reveal the contents of the spoiler to the others in game, remember that talking is a free action (but keep in short)

Combat:

Players roll initiative individually, bad guys roll one initiative roll
Players with higher init than bad guys go first then all the bad guys go
Then all the players go. From this point, we alternate players vs bad guys
Good guy turns happen in first post - first acted order.
Illegal post-overs will be resolved in that round
Legal post-overs stand even if each didn't know the other was posting (Please use Go Advanced or Preview Post to avoid this)

DM Posts during combat will include:

Status of all players, monsters, NPCs etc... indicating Name, Location, HP/MaxHP, State, Healing Surges Left, Action Points left (i.e.:: Arkavas I6 -1/41 Dying HS 0 AP 1)

Map in the form of a grid, hopefully with coordinates

Enemy Mini Stat Blocks including HP, AC, Fort, Refl, Will, Immunities, Resistance, and Basic Attack. If there are more specialized powers, I will post them at the time of their use. Trigger powers for bad guys. If you provoke an AoO or a listed power during your turn you can roll the result (it will make less work for the DM and give you a rapid response)

Time: II will give players 48 hours to post, at the end of which time I reserve the right to RP the player's character on his behalf. I will use the most appropriate actions and At-Will powers only.

Exceptions: If you will be out for a long time and unable to post, please let the party know and assign responsibility to either myself or another, willing player for RPing your character, or I can write in a scenario that takes you out of the picture until your return (The former is preferred).

Treasure: Keep a wish list on your character sheet up to date with what you would like, and I’ll try to accommodate within reason. Items will be given relative to player level. Parcel Gold/Items will be evenly divided at the end.

Die Rolling: Roll your dice on Invisible Castle. If invisible castle is down, you can also use the Enworld Dice roller (but please select the SMALLER results in your profile) In IC, highlight the die roll in your post and use the 'Insert Link' button to post a link to your die rolls.

Out of Character Content: Post out of character content (i.e.: complaints, tactics, mechanics, etc...) in a spoiler with the letters 'OOC' in the title or the OOC tag.
[/sblock]
 
Last edited:

Luinnar

Villager
Mmm-mm-mmph! Sharpe says in response. Malifixindalaunt the White Dragon just rolls his blind eyes and trots on. He was hoping to sleep more at the tavern, but at least the adventure would have some gold in store for him.

OOC: Thanks for the adventure! Sharpe will start the adventure mounted on his dragon.

[sblock=Sharpe]
Sharpe Wellington- Male Half-Elf Bard 3
Init: +1, Passive Perception: 13, Passive Insight: 11
AC 18 Fortitude 15 Reflex 13 Will 17, Spd: 5
HP 40/40
Bloodied 20 Surge Value 10; Surges Per-Day 11/11
AP: 1, Milestones:0

Basic Attacks:
Basic Attack +3 vs AC, Longsword, 1d8 damage
Ranged Basic Attack N/A

Powers:
Staggering Note, Guiding Strike
Majestic Word X0, Shout of Triumph, Knack for Success, Words of Friendship, Second Wind, Shield of Devotion
Stirring Shout, Inspiring Fortitude (AKA Invigorating Presence)

Misc: Once per round, when an ally within 5 squares bloodies or reduces to 0 hp an enemy, you can grant the ally 5 THP as a free action.

Conditions:
Nil

Note: Free ritual used.

Virtue of Valor: Once per round, when an ally within 5 squares bloodies or reduces to 0 hp an enemy, you can grant the ally 5 THP as a free action.

Priority:
[/sblock]
[sblock=Malifixindalaunt The White Dragon]
Malifixindalaunt (Veserab) Level 6 Lurker
Large shadow beast (mount)
HP 60/60; Bloodied 30
AC 20; Fortitude 20; Reflex 17; Will 17
Speed 4, fly 8 (clumsy)
Immune noxious breath
Initiative +11
Perception +11
Blindsight 20

Traits:
Combat Advantage
Malifixindalaunt deals an extra 1d6 damage on melee attacks against any target it has combat advantage against.

Standard Actions
:bmelee: Bite • At-Will
Attack: +11 vs. AC
Hit: 2d6 + 5 damage.

:bmelee: Wing Claw • At-Will
Attack: +11 vs. AC
Hit: 1d6 + 5 damage.

:close: Noxious Breath (poison, zone) • Encounter
Attack: Close blast 4; +9 vs. Fortitude
Hit: 2d6 + 3 poison damage, and the target takes a -2 penalty to all defenses until the end of the
Malifixindalaunt's next turn. This power creates a zone of black, noxious fumes that remains in place until the end of the encounter. This zone blocks line of sight, and a creature that enters or ends its turn in the zone takes 5 poison damage. Malifixindalaunt is immune to this power's effects.

:melee:Diving Wing Rake • Standard, At-Will
Effect:
Malifixindalaunt makes a charge attack, making two wing claw attacks. After attacking, Malifixindalaunt moves up to 1 square and moves in an unoccupied square.

Skills Stealth +12
Str 20 (+8) Dex 18 (+7) Wis 17 (+6)
Con 17 (+6) Int 2 (–1) Cha 4 (+0)
Alignment Evil Languages —

[/sblock]
 
Last edited:

Luinnar

Villager
And you said I was rude, Sharpe mumbles. Taking a bard's voice away, you may of well of killed me on the spot. Very rude of you. You should be so ashamed of yourself that you turn yourself in for an alignment change.

Now how much gold are we talking about again? he says.
 

Someone

Villager
The cleric leads the party through the city to its outskirts. Take this road south. It bends to to the east and at which point you will enter the forest. Be careful. It is in here that the latest goblin attacks have occurred. Find Lord Weinfurter and find the orb. Good luck.


+++No worries. We'll bring you back that orb tied of hands and feet+++

+++it's not the first time we rescue people from goblinoids+++


[sblock=Prime] Prime Warforged Fighter 5
[sblock=Things to remember]
  • Prime has damage reduction 1 against all damage
  • When an enemy marked by Prime makes an attack that doesn’t include him, he can make an Immediate Interrupt to make a Melee Basic Attack against him. If the attack connects, he can push the target up to 3 squares; since interrupts happen before the action that provoked them, pushing an enemy that attacks an ally beyond reach can potentially negate the attack altogether. Notice also that this attack isn’t an opportunity attack
  • Prime has a +2 bonus to hit with Opportunity attacks and if they hit they stop enemies if a move provoked the attack. They can resume moving using other actions.
Trigguers:
Shield Edge Block when the -4 to the enemy’s roll can negate the attack
Guardian’s Counter when an ally within 2 squares is attacked, especially if the swap would negate the attack (it hit the ally’s defense, but is not high enough to hit Prime’s)
[/sblock]
Status:
Initiative: +3, Passive perception: 21, Passive Insight: 16
Defenses: AC: 23, Fort: 19, Ref: 16, Will: 16
HP:58/58 THP: Bloodied: 29, Surge value:14, Surges/day: 13 Speed: 5 squares
Languages: Common
AP: 1

Powers:
Tide of Iron, Shield Feint, Pass Forward
Hack and Hew, Shield Edge Block, Warforged Resolve, Guardian’s Counter, Second Wind
Villain’s Menace, Rain of Steel[/sblock]
 

dimsdale

Villager
And you said I was rude, Sharpe mumbles. Taking a bard's voice away, you may of well of killed me on the spot. Very rude of you. You should be so ashamed of yourself that you turn yourself in for an alignment change.
The clerics face turn crimson red. I don't know which is worse, you or the dragon! You finish the task and then we'll talk gold, an amount that you'll be satisfied with I'm sure.

Turning to Prime. You've dealt with goblins before? Good, then you know their tactics. That makes me breath easier. Good luck Prime. Looking towards the bard. You'll need it with young wormtongue on his dragon.
 
Last edited:

Luinnar

Villager
The clerics face turn crimson red. I don't know which is worse, you or the dragon! You finish the task and then we'll talk gold, an amount that you'll be satisfied with I'm sure.
Which dragon are you talking about again? Your dragon or my dragon? There do seems to be dragons popping out of the woodwork .

Unless there is another dragon you are not telling us about. Sharpe says. It would not be the first time quest-givers have kept information from adventurers.

I hope it is a blue dragon. Sharpe adds.
 

dimsdale

Villager
Which dragon are you talking about again? Your dragon or my dragon? There do seems to be dragons popping out of the woodwork .

Unless there is another dragon you are not telling us about. Sharpe says. It would not be the first time quest-givers have kept information from adventurers.

I hope it is a blue dragon. Sharpe adds.
Brother Navio open's his mouth to reply, then thinks better of it, mumbling to himself for the love of pete...I can't get a word in without him twisting it around He slumps his shoulders and shakes his head, then turns back to see who else followed to fulfill the quest.
 

MetaVoid

Explorer
"Indeed we have had some experience with goblinoids, but only with goblins larger cousins. Even Sharpe did, though I'm sure he doesn't like to brag about it, being so modest and all."
 

RedBeardJim

Villager
"To face goblins will be a fine change, after those creatures on Imlach Island," says Gellan with a grimace. "Not even worth hunting for food, so foul they were."

[sblock="Mini stat"]Gellan Bonesaw - Level 5 Halfling Barbarian
Passive Perception: 18, Passive Insight: 13, Initiative: +5 Senses: Normal
AC: 20, Fortitude: 19, Reflex: 17, Will: 14 -- Speed: 6, Size: Small
HP: 51/51, Bloodied 25, Surge Value 12, Surges left 9/9
Action Points: 1, Second Wind: not used
Powers -
Pressing Strike, Whirling Rend
Second Chance, Whirling Lunge, Hunter's Quarry
Combat Sprint, Whirling Frenzy, Whirling Step

Swift Panther Rage, Thunder Hooves Rage[/sblock]
 

Ozymandias79

Villager
A large silver grey lynx trotting besides the halfling, transforms into an elf that says, "Yes, and they taste better" then looks at the bard and then asks the cleric "you mind teaching me how you did that to the bard? it might be useful doing it again and at least as funny" and then eyes the other members of the party
 
Last edited:

dimsdale

Villager
The cleric smiles as the other come forth. So it's not just me then. (referring to Sharpe). Thank you all for answering my call.
 

dimsdale

Villager
OOC: 1 more day for anyone else who wants to join the adventure, then we are off into the woods. No telling what you'll find in the woods...heh heh heh
 

Voda Vosa

Villager
Vermitrax has still remained out of the verbal mayhem. "Can we proceed with our task and stop this incessant and tremendously unnecessary and irrelevant chatter? Time is of value, and you'll be wise not to waste it." he says dryly rising an eyebrow.
 

dimsdale

Villager
Yes, I agree. Now is the time to go. Brother Navio states as he eyes the newcomer. I'll wait here. If anyone else shows up I'll send them your way. Make haste!

With that the party is off. The farther the get down the road the forest becomes more dense. The canopy of the large trees partially block the suns rays from reaching the ground. You make good time without any interruptions. As dusk approaches you see small clearing just off the road. It is easy to tell that this spot has been used multiple times by travelers resting during the night as there is a rocks placed in a circular formation, creating a camp fire. Charred wood from previous fires still remain with in the circular ring.

Adventurers who have normal vision now have to provide a light source in order to see clearly.

Below is a map of the area

map

OOC: I'd like everyone to post daily, especially during combat. If we are in combat and you have not posted with in two days I will npc the character. If you are gone for a long period of time please let me know. I or someone else will run your character until you comeback.
 
Last edited:

Luinnar

Villager
Never fear fellow fellows! For me and my trusty steed shall take to the skies and scout! Sharpe says. Up up, and away! he says, flying into the sky on the dragon.

OOC: I failed to buy a dragon saddle..and I can't find how much it costs. Mind if I add it to the Sharpe's equipment list? (he has 10GP)

Also, the dragon has blindsight 20 so he won't fly higher than that. Dragon stealth & perception=16
 

Someone

Villager
Zharne walks up to the camp fire ring, looks around then says, "well, this looks a place to stay for the night"



+++Yes it looks like a good place for routine self-maintenance+++

+++Let's build a fire+++


With the ambient light rapidly diminishing, however, Prime can't really see much.
 

MetaVoid

Explorer
Drew looks at the mage complaining about the chatter.
"I agree it seems unneccessary, but it builds companionship and reveals something about everyone. Even you. And it may be good to describe what do you do in trouble. I already know Sharpe and Prime. Gallen and Zharne seem to know each other from before and by the way they talk they are nature's warriors.

I myself am Dragon Monk. I scout ahead and prepare ambushes for you before getting in the middle and keeping the people with sharp things off people with the books.

What do you do? Being a necromancer doesn't sound like much fun. Do I need to keep away from your powers? Group enemies tightly?"



After listening to mage's answer and seeing the camp site, he disappears into the underbrush. It seems dark is bothering him though.

OOC: Perception is +8 if needed
 
Last edited:

Advertisement

Top