• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[Adventure] The Cannith Caper (Judge: THB)

Walking Dad

First Post
[sblock=ooc]Yup. That's the point: if anyone comes or goes, we'll know.[/sblock]
[sblock=ooc]But laying in the middle of the enemy territory with some of us having none or nearly none HS left, so anyone would stumble over us, doesn't sound good. We rest, because we don't want to encounter more enemies before we are back at strength.
It doesn't matter we know when someone comes. Any encounter of normal or higher difficulty will kill some of the characters.
We will not be alerted by them, but be easy targets.[/sblock]

evilbob

Explorer
[sblock=ooc]Eh, I disagree. But it's not really something either of us can prove.

So it's really just a matter of what we think is more important: making sure no one comes or goes - at the risk of sleeping in a place more likely to be disturbed because we're making sure we know if anyone comes or goes - OR sleeping in a place easier to hole up in at the risk of not knowing if we get surrounded or otherwise foiled in our attempts to approach with some stealth.

(Although I don't know of any room without at least two exits, btw. The room we're in now has a normal exit and a trapdoor.)

Either way, it's not a big deal and not worth getting into an argument over, so whatever everyone else thinks, that's fine with me. Let's just make a decision and keep going.[/sblock]

ryryguy

First Post
[sblock=ooc]But the room south has three entrances, two leading to unexplored areas. And the other IS a choke-point. It is much more likely that our rest will be disturbed.[/sblock]
[sblock=ooc]Actually we have explored the other areas. I think the only two unexplored areas are the (trapped) hallway leading east, and down the trap door. (Or is there another door we didn't go through in the room where undead d'Cannith was?)

I vote for evilbob's choice - the arcane trap room, basically because we could flee out the cavern entrance if we were forced to, while we could get trapped in the room we're in now. Though of course as D&D players I know we would never actually flee. But I'm pretending that our characters don't know that, so they'd want to leave an escape route open. I also agree with evilbob's point that we'd want to know if someone was moving around behind us, rather than have it surprise us later. Even if it does make it more likely to interrupt our rest, that shouldn't be a total disaster as not all of our characters are completely drained (mainly evilbob's warden but also my sorceror still has a daily and many surges).[/sblock]

renau1g

First Post
The bugbear takes his 25 gold and leaves. The group shuts the doors, takes their watches, and surprisingly passes the night uneventfully. The group feels better after the rest, some even feeling more powerful...

[sblock=ooc]
Who's paying him? Please note it on your CS' [/sblock]

[sblock=XP time]
[MENTION=82251]TwoHeadsBarking[/MENTION] - ping!

Summary:
XP for Harresh/Varak/Haltor - 2526
XP for Vistrathis - 1291
XP for Alex - 710
XP for Varis - 1816
XP for Gark - 560

Gold will be awarded later (incl. gold parcels).

Everyone still active but Gark levels.
[/sblock]

Attachments

• Cannith.xls
    43.5 KB · Views: 112

renau1g

First Post
[sblock=Gold]
I was thinkin' about it. Don't worry about noting the 5 gp each on the CS. I'll just remove 25 gp from the final reward. Sound fair? [/sblock]

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads