• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[Adventure] The Lost Treasure of House Cannith (Judge: Evilbob)

Antithetist

First Post
Colgrave nods his approval as he moves up once more, still hoping to goad the ooze into attacking him as he pelts it with another phantasmal bolt.

[sblock=OOC]Move to I18

Phantom Bolt on Ooze: 1d20+10=29 vs Will, damage 1d8+10=13 and slide one square, top left corner now in C18

Immediate Reaction notes: Moonstride, as before, shift 2 squares and become insubstantial TENT if the ooze moves into an adjacent square.[/sblock]

LadyLaw

First Post
OOC: Oops, forgot to slide it another square SW away from the group.

GM: This once I will add that in, because it would affect the damage you already rolled and will not affect Colgrave's roll. It does make Kaelan's attack long range, but that doesn't change anything either. However, in future I will not allow you to retcon adding this sort of thing in if other people have already moved because it changes their ability to hit in relation to the position and I don't want to have to allow everyone who went after you to change their action as well.

I will add the move after Colgrave's, even though his went off first, because he used actual numbers so it's easier for me to understand.

Thank you for understanding.

Last edited:

hornedturtle

First Post
With a remarkable lack of originality 354b sends another wave of dispair at the ooze. And it has no affect on the ooze.

[sblock=actions]
move= step to D14
Standard= Dishearten
attack 1d20+7=9 vs will
damage 1d6+5=7
[/sblock]

LadyLaw

First Post
Round 11

The ooze glides across the field back into the fray and lashes out at Kaelan and Thalin, pulling them inside it's mass. They are intrigued to see two shirukens floating in the mass as well, but they are unbothered by them.

[sblock=Mechanics]
Ooze:
Cloud Drift recharge roll: 1d6=5
Move: to G-H 12-13
Standard: Engulf Kaelan - 1d20+7=24; Engluf Thalin - 1d20+7=27
Effect: Kaelan and Thalin are grabbed, Dazed, and taking 10 ongoing necrotic damage.
[/sblock]

[sblock=Terrain and other Environment Info]Trees & Rocks: Provide cover in the normal way. You can stand in the squares that have branches in them, but not the actual rocks or tree trunks, unless the rock is in only a tiny fraction of the square.

The Mist: Is a bit like a thick fog. Any creature more than 20 feet away is considered to have concealment unless you have blindsight.

There is no difficult terrain or anything. Just a road with a lot of low, dead grass around it. The map is attached. I apologize for my abysmal drawing skills. If you need clarification on what anything is, please ask.[/sblock]

[sblock=Monster Knowledge Check: Dungeoneering 15]These are all aberrant creatures. You recognize the tentacle covered humanoid as something called a dolgaunt. The small, 2-headed creatures appear to be dolgrim, and you've heard that warriors of their ilk lurk in The Mournlands. The large ooze is more of a mystery, but you think it may be what the stories refer to as living darkness. It is certainly large an black enough to have earned the name.
[sblock=Dungeoneering 20]You've heard that the dolgaunt can suck the life from a person with its long tentacles.
The dolgrim are simple creatures, from what you remember, but very strong. You also remember a story about each head seeming to act on its own.
Living darkness isn't something many people have encountered and lived to tell about. You suspect that, like most other ooze creatures you've encountered in your travels, it will attempt to absorb its prey.
[sblock=Dungeoneering 25]Living darkness is immune to gaze and poison effects, and it's jelly-like nature seems to make most attacks less effective than normal. It is known to be vulnerable to radiant damage.
The dolgrim, with their warring heads, are likely weak against psychic attacks.[/sblock][/sblock][/sblock]

[sblock=Monster Status]Tentacles: Dead

2-Heads 1: Dead

2-Heads 2: Dead

Ooze:
HP: 43/168 AC: 18 Fort: 17 Ref: 19 Will: 18
Conditions: Bloodied, Anyone who hits it regains 4HP, Grants CA to Karananak
[/sblock]

[sblock=Player Status]Kaelen:
HP: 18/41 (+3) Surges: 7/9 AP: 0 MI Daily Uses: 1
Conditions: Bloodied, dazed, grabbed, 10 ongoing necrotic while grabbed

Karananak:
HP: 41/45 (+3) Surges: 11/11 AP: 0 MI Daily Uses: 1
Conditions: (failed 1 death save)

Thalin:
HP: 34/43 (+3) Surges: 9/10 AP: 0 MI Daily Uses: 1
Conditions: dazed, grabbed, 10 ongoing necrotic while grabbed

Colgrave:
HP: 32/32 (+3) Surges: 6/6 AP: 1 MI Daily Uses: 1
Conditions:

Experiment 354b:
HP: 24/40 Surges: 9/9 AP: 1 MI Daily Uses: 0
Conditions:
[/sblock]

Attachments

• Encounter 1 - Round 11.jpg
    Encounter 1 - Round 11.jpg
    82.3 KB · Views: 68
Last edited:

Vertexx69

First Post
Round 11:

Karananak keeps his wilden form and moves north until he has a clear line of sight to the creature that went floating off into the mist a moment before. He swirls his stone totem flute at the corner of the ooze furthest from his allies and freezes it into little blue-black crystals. This causes the living darkness to roll over on itself to protect the frozen portion and sliding it away from Thalin. "No we be startin tuh get tuh dee art uh dee matta. Be tryin tuh stay oat uh dis tings grasp." His voice echoes through the fog to those that might not be able to see the druid.
[sblock=Actions]Free: Speak
Minor:
Move: to (K,16)
Standard: Chill Wind vs Fort (centered on G,13)http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2695415/Chill Wind (1d20+9=22, Cold dmg=14) and sliding the ooze to (F,12-G,13)[/sblock][sblock=Swarmwhisper]Karananak Bole—Male Wilden Druid 4; Resist 5 Fire, (Resist 4 Melee/Ranged in Beast Form)
Initiative: +2, Low-Light, Passive Perception: 22, Passive Insight: 22
AC: 17, Fort: 18, Reflex: 15(17 in beast form), Will: 19 — Speed: 6
HP: 45+3/45, Bloodied: 22, Surge: 11, Surges left: 10/11
Action Points: 0/1, Second Wind: Used, Milestones 0
Powers -
Savage Rend
Locust Swarm
Chill Wind

Scattered Form
Voyage of the Ancients/Wrath of the Destroyer*/Pursuit of the Hunter
Battering Claws

Summon Pack Wolf
Healing Infusion

Item Powers:
Beast Hide Armor (Encounter: Shift 2 in beast form)

Character Sheet
[/sblock][sblock=OOC]Ah the sweet sound of average to hit rolls, and max damage to boot! Would the Chill Wind power disperse the mist at all, even temporarily? Does the cold dmg look like its having full effect? Deadly Draw only grants CA if the player slides its target to an ADJACENT square with an attack power, not just slides it anywhere. :p So Karananak didn't have CA for that attack, but did gain back 4 HP taking him to full.[sblock=Translation]Now we've started to get to the heart of the matter. Just try to stay out of this thing's grasp.[/sblock][/sblock]

LadyLaw

First Post
GM: I had to slightly edit the ooze's turn since I realized dazed was ended on the player's turn. It's not going to choose not to attack. That would be silly beyond reason for this type of creature. Sorry about that. I put up a sign to hold off that I was hoping everyone would catch, but it looks like I was too slow for Vertexx. Sorry. T_T

Still, at least he's slid it one square off you.

ETA: No, the cold damage doesn't look like it's doing anything better than anything else you've thrown at it.

Otakkun

Explorer
OOC: This should work. I'll look around for the supreme flurry thing.

Desperate and frustrated, Kaelan loses his calm as the Ooze swallows him, again. With a strong shout, he explodes in a sudden burst of motion, delivering crushing kicks, punches and slashes infused by psionic force. As he comes to a sudden stop, psionic energy still lingers on his body and weapons, making it seems as if his reach had suddenly expanded.

[sblock=Actions]Daily - Standard - Masterful Spiral (1d20+9=24 vs Will, 3d8+9=23 force damage)
Free - Flurry: 5 damage to Ooze & slide it one square north (F-11, G-12)
Daily - Free - Supreme Flurry: Kaelan shifts to G-9 (freeing himself), then inflicts 5 damage to Ooze & slides it one square north (F-10, G-11). Freeing Thalin.
Special - Heal 4 HP, gain CA against Ooze, until the Masterful Spiral stance ends, his reach with melee touch attacks increases by 1. [/sblock]

[sblock=Combat Stats]
HP 15/41 Temp HP 0
Initiative +7
AC 23, Fort 16, Reflex 18, Will 16
AP 0, Surges 7/9
Second Wind [X]
Elven Accuracy [X]
Drunken Monkey [X]
Eternal Mountain [X]
Supreme Flurry [X]
Masterful Spiral [X]
[/sblock]

Last edited:

LadyLaw

First Post
GM: No, but I haven't been counting Flurry as extra hits because they simply do damage triggered by another attack. They do not require a hit in and of themselves. It would be like an avenger whose power deals damage when s/he gets hit. That extra damage isn't a hit.

Also, since there was a limit placed on the number of combat-oriented free actions you can use in a given round. I'm not sure you can use both flurries in the same round. I'll check with bob.

Your slide location was omitted from your post. I'll need to know where you sent it.

ETA: Double-checked the errata. You can only use a free action to make an attack action once per round. So, you only get one flurry and one slide. Sorry.

Thanks

Last edited:

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads